PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 azzer way past it?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: azzer way past it?  (Read 5423 times)

Leighton_Alty

azzer way past it?
« on: February 10, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »

is azzer past it?

Alty FC Idol

Re: azzer way past it?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »

I dont think he didnt do alot wrong

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »

Aspinall is possibly the the most frustrating Alty player.He is a decent defender (we always seem to be ok on the right and get raped by wingers on the left),but the number of overhit passes he makes in one match reallly grinds me.A perfect example of when it really annoys you was in the 1st half,where Little was in a brilliant position for a 1-on-1 situation,and Azza overhit it for a goal kick.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »

Do people not think the defence needs an overhaul?

We canot surely single out one player today?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 07:46:18 PM »

Not a complete,but changes do need to be made.Personally I'd have Aspinall,Rose,Munroe,G Scott.Nothing against A Scott,maybe he just needs time to settle down,but presently I can't see him a better option as G Scott at LB,who would then be playing out of position.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 07:50:52 PM »

Just the thought I had on another post

baldrick

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »

The team is just not good enough. The strikers don't score enough goals and the defence let too many in. A few new faces need to be brought in.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »

The team is just not good enough. The strikers don't score enough goals and the defence let too many in. A few new faces need to be brought in.

Disagree, the team is good enough to stay in this league, we have shown that by beating a number of teams at ML, we are just going through a bad run at the moment. If out of the last 4 games we had a further 4 points would we have all this doom and gloom on here? Would people be calling for Azza's head on a plate if he'd scored against Southport and set another up for a draw yesterday? I doubt it.

A couple of new faces would be nice, and I'm sure GH did all he could during the transfer window, but as mentioned in another thread, with little cash to offer players we're going to have problems bringing people in.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

If out of the last 4 games we had a further 4 points would we have all this doom and gloom on here?

It's all ifs and ands. If we'd won this game, or won that one. There's no point in saying 'well we wouldn't be moaning if we'd got more points' when the fact is we haven't won in 4 or 5 so I think we are entitled to a moan.

Would people be calling for Azza's head on a plate if he'd scored against Southport and set another up for a draw yesterday? I doubt it.

I haven't rated Aspinall at all this season and think people seem to accept his poor defending and woeful passing/crossing, just because he's scored a few penalties. Any number of the squad could be the penalty taker. I don't doubt his effort, but we seem to rely on him to much... but I've no idea why! Everytime I see him stand over the ball for a free kick I know that it's going to end up over the bar or out of the ground. Someone needs to step in and take the responsibility for free-kicks, crossing etc off him. We're so one dimensional it's ridiculous.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 10:58:34 AM »

I didn't say people were not entitled to moan, my point was that for the sake of a bloody post things could be a lot brighter. I was gutted about yesterday, but I'm not in the dumps about it, we can still stay in this league, albeit most of our remaining games are away from ML.

Azza seams to get the ball so much as he's always available when the ball is at the back. Now Bush is back in the team hopefully he sill start picking it up off the back 4 and playing it forwards and take some of the pressure off Azza.

Re freekicks, maybe GH tells the team Azza is to take them, maybe nobody else wants them?

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »

Yes there is still a fair chance of staying in this league but that is because the bottom ten are a similar standard. A few improvements in key areas will guarantee safety. I think Joe can be a good striker if he gets the support he needs but a 20 goal a season man is needed urgently and the defence must be improved.

sotalty

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

I can't understand how aspinall has held down his place for so long, he is consistantly terrible. I don't like to single out or criticise individuals but after years of watching him can anyone tell me what he actually brings to the team? Especially as Gary Scott is as solid a right back as they come. Get Rose back in as well.

sotalty

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »

Also, that reverse free kick we always take for Chalmers to head across goal dosn't work!!!

galtyalty

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »

azzer is just good at free kicks and is good at tackling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lukealty12

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »

yer in a way but i think with a few weeks rest hell hopefully come back stronger
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 azzer way past it?