PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More disappointment
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: More disappointment  (Read 7056 times)

bigcol

Re: More disappointment
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »

How many race nights do Hyde Guiseley and stalybridge have??   

Although rather fortright in expression, I think this is the crux of the issue.  What are these teams doing that we aren't?  Hyde have just sold their best player (for a tidy sum I presume) and are sitting pretty, Staly have a policy of bringing on youth which is now working and Guiseley seem to be turning our squad players and brickies of yesteryear into decent BSN match winners.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

Crowther wasn't on contract at Hyde and went on a free, we couldn't sign him in the summer though,we were too busy offering deals to those that blew above 6 chances to stay up last year...

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »

RocketDan who do you want instead or haven't you thought about that?

Robbie Lawton.

or anyone wearing a tracksuit.

RocketDan

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »

finnquark

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »

I can't decide whether RocketDan has just added his name to the pantheon of comedy greats with a sublime piece of irony, or if he's just a hapless idiot.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »

He cant be bald and wear a suit, otherwife he is f*cked
I therefore will not be throwing my hat into the ring
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »

Maybe the 40 odd grand in "administrative costs"???  we accrued last season could have helped us build a better side this season.

Try telling that to the people who want him back in charge.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

On the question of Fundraising events for the club I have a couple of relevant points.

1.  Last season we were encouraged to buy/sponsor the squares of pitch which would appear in the programme.. We bought a few squares but correct me if I am wrong no such article appeared in the programme last season.

2.  Later on last season we were all asked / encouraged to buy a Super Draw ticket at 10 quid a throw with lots of different prizes such as - mascot for the day, a signed football etc etc - myself and Mrs Traveller were down on the list of winners but lo and behold nothing has ever been mentioned since the publication of the winners list.

I will support Alty FC whenever I can TASC,  Patronage, Lottery.  etc etc but I do think it is the thin end of the wedge when people do contribute and then Sweet FA happens afterwards.   Just a thought for when the club isnt heaving next time they have a fundraising evening.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »

I dont think sacking Lee Sinnott so early in his managership will solve the problem - If we have sod all money then as I have previously said Sir AF would struggle - Yes the defence needs sorting out PDQ and players need competition for places otherwise they will just train Tue & Thurs knowing they will get a pick for Saturday....

I didnt go today so will not comment on the game but reading the comments it was business as usual away from home.

What does concern me is Halifax away next Sat and Corby at home the following Tues..

The weather might be ok just now but its going to be a long awd winter at Moss Lane by the looks of things..

Where has the passion and pride gone from the playing squad?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 08:28:20 PM »

Dont want to appear jumping on the bandwagon but I was quite surprised to recieve a cheque for £35 off the club in the post a few weeks back. I then realised it must've been for winning either the Yankee or the friends draw, both of which I participate in, then thinking I hadn't seen anything for a while about the friends scheme for months.

I stand corrected if anything has been posted on the website but I hadn't and still have no clue what I had won ! Perhaps a small note would have me feel more confident in the fundraising at the club  
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More disappointment