Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?  (Read 6181 times)

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk

Already brought up is the issue of the scaffolding towers along the Popular Side.  They haven't been used for ages now and all it does is obstruct the view.
Can we get the club to dismantle them?

We will need them for the FA Cup run this year.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

There was no atmsosphere in the first half when most people were stood at the Golf Road end, so to say spreading between the popular side and the Chequers end affected the second half doesn't make sense. Also away fans seem to be able to make plenty of noise on the Chequers end terracing so why can't Altrincham fans when given the opportunity to stand there. Lack of cover doesn't seem to affect singing at away games. Fact is the singers didn't sing last night. Maybe not all the usual suspects could make the game.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

There was no atmsosphere in the first half when most people were stood at the Golf Road end, so to say spreading between the popular side and the Chequers end affected the second half doesn't make sense. Also away fans seem to be able to make plenty of noise on the Chequers end terracing so why can't Altrincham fans when given the opportunity to stand there. Lack of cover doesn't seem to affect singing at away games. Fact is the singers didn't sing last night. Maybe not all the usual suspects could make the game.

Good Point

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Regarding the point about the singers standing on the Chequers End at unsegregated games, perhaps it would be worth organising this to a certain degree by identifying likely occasions when this will happen and then getting everyone together to get behind the lads.

Forest Green at home on 14th November appears to be the next match where segregation will not be enforced so why not give it a try?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:04:31 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Regarding the point about the singers standing on the Chequers End at unsegregated games, perhaps it would be worth organising this to a certain degree by identifying likely occasions when this will happen and then getting everyone together to get behind the lads.

Forest Green at home on 14th November appears to be the next match where segregation will not be enforced som why not give it a try?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  :)

On a slightly warm note, if all we've to be worried about is where singers stand we must be doing something good, unlike Luton who want to cyber kill each other.

I agree that on the next un-segregated match everyone should congregate on Chequers, gives the players a lift seeing 400 people there rather than sporadically (sp) placed everywhere

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Just to go to back to Ecky's original point about fans spreading out, it also applies at away games.

Some of the spreading out that goes on in away grounds defies belief!
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Just to go to back to Ecky's original point about fans spreading out, it also applies at away games.

Some of the spreading out that goes on in away grounds defies belief!

People who went to Barrow, myself included can confirm that :)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The Tv gantry are going, When sometime soon. When a team have less than 20 fans shut the away end and save on costs i:e stewarding snack bar etc, Only joking   ;D .
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The Tv gantry are going, When sometime soon. When a team have less than 20 fans shut the away end and save on costs i:e stewarding snack bar etc, Only joking   ;D .

Are you joking about all of that?

Would be good news if the gantries are going!
Come on Alty!

Hulme Robin

i hate the scaffolding esp the one right in the corner of the pop side

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Are you joking about all of that?

Would be good news if the gantries are going!

The tv gantrys are going i was joking about the rest.
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The tv gantrys are going i was joking about the rest.

Great news!  :)
Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I must agree the atmos sounded a bit flat to me last night. I very rarely attend home games these days having lived down south for 5 years but that wasn't the Moss Lane I remember growing up. Weird as this may sound to our younger fans on here, 769 would have been one of our best gates of the season (midweek and pisspoor away support or otherwise) from approx 1999-2005 but there was nothing really going on by us last night. One of the things we were always known for was our original, witty and strong vocal support and it is important for us that we keep this going.

I think the fact now that we have our feet well under the table and appear comfortably set for another mid table year in the Conference might detract a bit from this, we almost expect to beat sides like Gateshead at home now and possibly this impacts on the support a bit. Also being able to stand on the Chequers is a rare treat these days so when we now we have a home game coming up that will allow us this we need to agree we're the singers are going to go.

The main thing at the end of all this is that we are so far this year delivering on the pitch despite some horrendous injury problems and it is up to us all  to come together and to back the lads as much as possible onto greater things.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Oddly, I thought the best atmos at a home game all last year was the Unibond League game against Eastbourne  when Rod came on. It really was like the good bad old days.

Also, I do fear that £13 is putting a lot of people off.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:25:23 PM by Ballers »

tottenham alty

One of the things I enjoy the most about going to Alty is singing my heart out for the lads. Massive respect to all those who think up and initiate songs, I think you do an amazing job. I have never come back from an Alty game without having lost my voice.

Listening to commentators on local radio over the internet, they often point out that the Alty fans are loud and this is something to be proud of. I am confident that we won't lose this special part of our identity. I went to home games against Histon and AFC WImbledon recently and the atmosphere was good - agreed it doesn't get much better than when we are packed into that corner of the popular side.

Whether the singers move to the open-ended Chequers End, or the crowd who have dispersed come back, is something to be decided. All I know is I will always stand with or near the singers!!!

We are always full of praise for the players and management, but dont underestimate how much they feed off our fantastic vocal support!!!

COMON ALTY!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?