Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?  (Read 6177 times)

markecky

I'm going to get flamed for this..but so be it.

We need people to stand together and get an atmosphere going.  When the segregation is dropped people seem to just disperse.

Now of course, you can watch the game from where you like and "who the f**k am I to tell people where to stand" but I beg you to make sure we don't lose the atmosphere that makes Alty special.

I hope that when we get back to segregated games we'll have everyone together down the side, Ollie, Lewis and his crew down the front, Frazer and Wayne and those lads to the left and the younger lads (Luke, Andrew Flynn etc) to the right.

There wasn't much to sing about tonight until about 9:45 but we can do better than that.

Lets not go back to the Unibond days of 8 singers in the corner...there aren't many of us..we need to stick together.

joe

I think the tv scaffold has alot to do with where people stand. If the Chequers end is open it's a much better view of the match so alot of people will stand there.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Agre there was little atmosphere last night until the last few minutes  ;D

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

When there's no segregation I like to take advantage, especially as I was with my son and he likes to stand behind the goal that end.

It was one of them games where no real atmosphere was going to be had in my opinion, regardless of 700 odd in ground.

Now Luton, Oxford, Wrexham etc.... different story

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If we can clear up some injuries then GH KM will have more options. We need little and Johnson available.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Even though the pop side is better for creating an atmosphere and the traditional spot, when we have un-segregated games like last night most people will go to the cheques end because of the view and nostalgia. Might be an idea for the main body of singers to stand there to, had potential to get a bit of noise going from the chequers last night.

Jezza

It's been ages since I stood on the chequers end (all this was grass when i was a lad) and did notice how muted it felt with no roof....think it gave us a sense of how difficult it is for away fans to create an atmosphere.

I've now got a vision of sergeant major Ecky lining everybody up in formation....maybe you should change your deodrant Ecky?hehehe

I thought there was a reasonable atmosphere for the small crowd...especdially when the 4 minute injury time was read out....the moss lane roar spurred on the team I'm sure!

I think everyone was trying spread out to make the ground look full?

But ecky does make a good point and maybe we are so used to segregation we don't know what to do when there isn't any....there is a very good atmos when everyone is packed into the end of the popular side trading insults with fat chav away fans.

joe

Even though the pop side is better for creating an atmosphere and the traditional spot, when we have un-segregated games like last night most people will go to the cheques end because of the view and nostalgia. Might be an idea for the main body of singers to stand there to, had potential to get a bit of noise going from the chequers last night.

Good idea

Stockportalty

The lack of noise from Alty fans was noticed in the tunnel and dug out.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If we can clear up some injuries then GH KM will have more options. We need little and Johnson available.

Er, not going to impact on how close all the singers stand to each others though is it?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It was one of them games where no real atmosphere was going to be had in my opinion, regardless of 700 odd in ground.

Now Luton, Oxford, Wrexham etc.... different story

I see your point but the opposition/quantity of away fans should not determine the level of support we give the team.
Come on Alty!

Lew Needham

Totally agree with Ecky. I used to be proud about bringing my mates along to Moss Lane but I don't know recently the atmosphere has bee poor and its mental as we are doing so well.

I remember back in the Unibond/early return to conference days the atmosphere used to be great especially on a Tuesday night!

Feel a bit of a hypocrite as I don't ever start songs but I always try to join in!

I wish we kept the segregation every game regardless of how many away fans.

P.s. Me and Ol were in the supporters lounge last night otherwise we would have been at the corner of the popular stand!

markecky

Some good points on here..as i say I hope people take what I am saying in the spirit it is intended.

As an aside I realise that they open the segrgation to maximise snack bar profits, and of course we need as much money as we can.

Still breaks my heart when I see away fans running round the gold road end though...

Knutsford Alty

Already brought up is the issue of the scaffolding towers along the Popular Side.  They haven't been used for ages now and all it does is obstruct the view.
Can we get the club to dismantle them?

Also I agree with Ecky its bever nice to see away fans running round the Gold Road, its our patch that!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Just recentley i have found it hard to stand with all the singers as on most games i have Tegan with me.

I will make sure though that on Tuesday nights i get into the spirit and get singing as i have to admit i have not done as  much lately

Also im hpoing next season it will just be me again so i can get involved more

I have to agree that the atmos has not been as good of late despite our standing in the leauge wich is a shame really
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was there a prize for standing as far away from each other as possible tonight?