PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton predictions
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton predictions  (Read 6154 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton predictions
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »

Said this before............never under-estimate the opposition or disresepect them - if you do you will lose.

However I do keep reminding myself that Curzon are 3 divisions below us and anything other than a win is a disaster. There should be an obvious difference in class, especially when £5000 is on offer
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:56:27 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

Curzon would be top of their league if they win the games in hand.

The way our confidence is this is a very tricky tie in my opnion.  They will be full of lightning fast £60 a week players with a point to prove.

I think 62vintage just posts to get some some  feline keywords in.

I dont think many alty fans would feel this is a routine win given current cicumstances.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »

What Mick said.

It would be disastrous if we were to lose, not only for the lost money but for player confidence.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

joe

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Once again some of you kittens come on here with stupid predictions! A close game, a draw, might just win. What a load of bollox! Tomorrow will be our biggest win of the season so far. We will batter them, absolutely batter them.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Yawn

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 02:19:57 PM »

Said this before............never under-estimate the opposition or disresepect them - if you do you will lose.

However I do keep reminding myself that Curzon are 3 divisions below us and anything other than a win is a disaster. There should be an obvious difference in class, especially when £5000 is on offer

Very true Mick, Very true, anything less than a win would be a disaster, however having been amongst the small number of alty fans at the pre-season feeindly, they were actually a tidy outfit, and could have won the game by a bigger margin but for poor fininshing when we were in search of a leveller in the last 30 mins of the game. We must pay no attention to Gary Lowe or anybody else.The job in hand is to turn up, play to the level we can and with a comitted performance we should get through. I think losing to them in preseason will ultimately do us a favour tomorrow, the lads will be fully aware what to expect and will know what could happen if they are not on top of their game. Its 15 minutes from here by car, and having not played at moss lane for such a long time, we should be looking to turn this fixture into a home game tomorrow.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »

Very true Mick, Very true, anything less than a win would be a disaster, however having been amongst the small number of alty fans at the pre-season feeindly, they were actually a tidy outfit, and could have won the game by a bigger margin but for poor fininshing when we were in search of a leveller in the last 30 mins of the game. We must pay no attention to Gary Lowe or anybody else.The job in hand is to turn up, play to the level we can and with a comitted performance we should get through. I think losing to them in preseason will ultimately do us a favour tomorrow, the lads will be fully aware what to expect and will know what could happen if they are not on top of their game. Its 15 minutes from here by car, and having not played at moss lane for such a long time, we should be looking to turn this fixture into a home game tomorrow.

Seeing as we haven't managed to score a goal in our last three home fixtures, I'm not sure if that's one of your better ideas...!

We are still owed a decent performance after surrendering to Gateshead in the FA Cup.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »

a win - any sort of Alty tomorrow please.

Altyant

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »

Pitch inspection 10am tomorrow according to the main site

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »

Assuming all loanees can play and everyone fit my team would be :

Coburn

Milne     Smith     Josepth     Brown

Denham  Densmore  Danylyk  Clee

Twiss   Reeves

3-1 Alty

430 atten

180 from Alty

Full time and proud of it

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »

Assuming all loanees can play and everyone fit my team would be :

Coburn

Milne     Smith     Josepth     Brown

Denham  Densmore  Danylyk  Clee

Twiss   Reeves

3-1 Alty

430 atten

180 from Alty

All loan players are allowed to play i asked Derek Wilshaw today
@AltyDaz

bumble

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 08:30:35 PM »

All loan players are allowed to play i asked Derek Wilshaw today

Thats made me much more confident :)

Bazbatteria

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »

A rare mention for Derek Wilshaw on the forum, big up!

Today we eek a 1 - 0 victory, the first result in Rory Robins' life since being born on 20.11.10. :)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton predictions