News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve Evans - credit where it's due

Author Topic: Steve Evans - credit where it's due  (Read 934 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »

I can't stand the fat pig myself but he said some nice things about us without being patronising which is a bit of a rarity these days:

"Speaking on Friday morning Steve said; 'A number of our big players will be missing at Altrincham but this has been the pattern for most of the season so far. Altrincham are one of the most improved teams from last season and Graham Heathcote has done a wonderful job with his recruitment of players. They really are a good team now and any side in the Blue Square Premier will have to be at their best to beat them... But the lads did well against Histon in midweek and we played a bit more like we can... Every week there are difficult matches to face and tomorrow will be no different'.”."
Come on Alty!

AltyIan

Re: Steve Evans - credit where it's due
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:34:55 PM »

I feel that every team is somewhat intimmidated by playing us. although the majority of clubs feel that they wont lose to us, they feel that we are an annoying little side who are hard to break down and have the best centre back in the league in my opinion in Greg Young. Altrincham are a hard team to beat at the moment, however, one goal is more then enough to beat us at this moment in time aswell
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team