News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Did we ever.....

Author Topic: Did we ever.....  (Read 1690 times)

radcliffe alty

Did we ever.....
« on: July 04, 2007, 08:11:47 PM »

....hear back from the FA with their excuses as to why they docked us 18 points, reduced AFC Wimbledon's on appeal, didn't dare do anything to Stanley or West Ham all for similar offences? I understand when the Wimbledon and Stanley 'punishments' were given out the club were seeking a formal explanation as to the differences, why we were shafted etc?

This West Ham debacle, and the latest example of an FA Tribunal having absolutely no backbone at all, reminded me of how pissed off I was earlier in the season, and I was very keen to see what the FA had to say for themselves. Or have they not credited us with a response? We are only Altrincham afterall.

York Alty

Re: Did we ever.....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »

I reckon that as far as the FA concerned, and all the other footballing authorities in the country, they just want to forget this now.  Wimbledon were only sorted out becasue Tony Blair made an issue of it in the House of Commons.  I suppsoe we should ask what the local MP for Alty has done?

There has been one almighty feck-up, they know that. We were shafted, and we know that.

I've said it before we may as well drop any formal challenges / discusison. But we should be PROUD of it. Stick it in the Club Honours section of the programme.  Use it as a source of humour AND a way of raising the clubs profile.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

Graham Brady wrote a strongly worded letter to the FA.

I'm not sure if I prefer an MP who is crooked and abuses his power to get the result or a straight and principled Mp who therefore doesn't.

I think we're now ruled by Europe anyway so MPs and prime ministers don't have that much clout anymore.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:47:27 PM »

Differing opinions on Europe I suspect! but so long as the MP has done what he should have done then I say leave it alone.

Accy Stan are still a bunch of tw4ts.

WE ARE ALTY

ukvegan

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »

I actually read through the West Ham determination to see see if there was some justification for no proper action being taken against them and the answer seemed to be that the action wasn't taken by the people in charge at the time of the report and they didn't want to upset the fans!!   hmmmmmm!   They didn't seem to mind upsetting you Alty fans!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Did we ever.....