PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 10530 times)

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2022, 12:49:55 PM »

I agree with nearly all the insightful comments around our performance and the need for improvement.  I thought though Barrows had one of his best games.  We are sitting so deep it does not offer the full backs the options to get forward.  Some credit to Wealdstone though.  They were well organised and ran themselves into the ground

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2022, 12:58:08 PM »

It may be that we need to trim the wage bill before we can bring anybody in. That's not easy when players we have on contract are almost certainly unattractive to other clubs. I mean, would YOU buy Osborne or Dinanga ? We'd have to pay them off, then bang goes our kitty. We're only 3 points outside the drop zone again, and others below us are showing at least some signs of gumption. We were beaten last night by a team whose current run of form was deplorable. It simply isn't good enough, and our tactics need looking at as a matter of priority.

Dinanga isnt a player I'd lose, but the lad has scored 6 and probably will hit 13/14 He scored a ton in South.

If I were a step 2 club, Id bite your hand off for him.

No point getting rid of any forwards to free up funds unless we are going to replace them with the 'real deal' and not gamble on a young player who may come good this season or over the next three.

Maybe the suggestion of Hulme on the wing makes sense.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »

Regarding the non-overlapping full backs, could it be they are told not to overlap?

Agree that Hulme looks better as a winger, so that might be the way to go with Dinanga as the 9.

Regarding getting players in there's only about 3 positions which we're good enough in.

All in all its a absolute sh*t show

Yes, I think they have been told to be more reserved, but it is restricting us and not the way Parky says we play.

Hulme did OK out wide against Torquay but then struggled to track back against Oldham,better teams will leave him for dead.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2022, 02:16:26 PM »

It may be that we need to trim the wage bill before we can bring anybody in. That's not easy when players we have on contract are almost certainly unattractive to other clubs. I mean, would YOU buy Osborne or Dinanga ? We'd have to pay them off, then bang goes our kitty. We're only 3 points outside the drop zone again, and others below us are showing at least some signs of gumption. We were beaten last night by a team whose current run of form was deplorable. It simply isn't good enough, and our tactics need looking at as a matter of priority.

Dinanga isnt a player I'd lose, but the lad has scored 6 and probably will hit 13/14 He scored a ton in South.

I can't remember the last striker we had who was capable of having a shot at point blank range go out for a throw in.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2022, 02:23:41 PM »

I can't remember the last striker we had who was capable of having a shot at point blank range go out for a throw in.

Tom Peers? Damian Reeves? Almost like certain people have something against Marcus.
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2022, 02:49:09 PM »

You don't have to cast your mind too far back to remember the likes of craig hobson and george bowerman

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2022, 04:45:58 PM »

While all of those strikers were certainly capable of some dreadful misses (Tom Peers at Blyth is unforgettable) I don't recall any of them actually putting a ball out specifically for a throw in from as close as Dire-nanga was last night.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2022, 05:36:08 PM »

Dinanga is not the worse striker we've had since Reeves by a long way, but he's not the answer.
Full time and proud of it

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2022, 05:58:57 PM »

If memory serves me correct we paid a fee and gave Dinanga a 2 year contract originally. Horrendous business. While there is certainly worse he is hindering us a team significantly. His first touch is atrocious and his finishing is abysmal.

Osborne also been well off the required standards. Loses too many 50/50s slow and sideways in his passing all the time.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2022, 06:58:34 PM »

While all of those strikers were certainly capable of some dreadful misses (Tom Peers at Blyth is unforgettable) I don't recall any of them actually putting a ball out specifically for a throw in from as close as Dire-nanga was last night.

That's not what happened with that chance. The ball was fired at pace from Colclough across the goal. Dinanga lunged for it but only managed to get part of his foot on the ball in time before it spun out for a throw. He wasn't there in time but there were worse misses last night than that

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2022, 07:09:46 PM »

For me, it's the fact that the criticism of Dinanga is disproportionate. Why do you not mention Jordan Hulme's 75 minutes on the pitch without a shot on goal, on or off target?

You could put a league 1 striker in the number 9 position in this system and they wouldn't be scoring.

I got my head bitten off last week for criticising Dinanga.

I said to Bill on the the way out.. If Dinangas the answer then we’re going down.. His reply was… He’d only been on 15 minutes.

His mates reply was . The cross came to Marcus too soon as he hadn’t been on long. Ffs

Ok the Ref was utter sh*te but..

Our back four only pass sideways or backwards.

When they receive the ball all they do is get rid, they never bring the ball out. That’s either because they haven’t got the confidence or that’s the instructions they have been given..

Barrows needs to get down the line more..

Jordon ploughs a lone track up top.

Josh works his socks off but he needs help .

Ryan is on a different level to his team mates apart from CCC. No wonder he gets frustrated.

We need some hard bastards in this team who can tackle. All the pretty tap ball isn’t working.

We are going to struggle, Barnet up next. I don’t want any more miserable nights out in Alty.

We need to spend that mysterious 300k that has been quoted on players starting with someone with a bit of nous and a fkn striker who can score.

I’m not interested in hearing how many goals Dinanga has scored in the last number of games. He ain’t good enough.

Jordon at least gets stuck in and I’m sure he would have scored the tap in that Marcus fluffed. Marcus has the knack of running about but doesn’t  actually contribute much,  his awareness of what’s around him is poor and he cannot keep hold of the ball due to his lack of strength.
I think Dinanga is well aware of the risk of getting clattered and takes evasive action. Watching Alty TV the cross is coming across and he’s favourite to get to the ball before the keeper. He must have seen the keeper coming out and slowed enough to allow the keeper to get there first despite him starting favourite. He’s a fancy player but lacks aggression and bravery. Has a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time too often for it not to be by design.
Thought all four penalty shouts looked promising live at the game. On Alty TV it confirmed that a competent refereee could easily have given all four.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 07:11:17 PM by rorysgrandad »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2022, 07:28:32 PM »

That's not what happened with that chance. The ball was fired at pace from Colclough across the goal. Dinanga lunged for it but only managed to get part of his foot on the ball in time before it spun out for a throw. He wasn't there in time but there were worse misses last night than that

Yes Malones for a start
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2022, 07:49:16 PM »

Looking at the replays for the penalty appeals, looked like Kaja was pulled down by the falling defender who only stuck his arm out to drag Kaja down, totally baffling referee decision. The 2 on Colclough looked like trips that most refs would give as a penalty. For the first of these the ref is on the other side of the penalty area with about 15 players between himself and the action, so he would have had no chance of seeing it, lino was closer but then linesmen usually do nothing these days. The Conn Clarke one looked just outside the box but clearly a foul, possibly a red card, to give nothing again bizarre. Not sure what it would have taken for the ref to give us a pen last night, very odd and bad decisions.

Agree with Parky's interview about the scandalous missing of chances but need to improve it.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 07:56:56 PM by jhcorbett »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2022, 08:18:07 PM »

Jordan used to be in the referees ear all the time to the point of getting booked but since he has been captain, nothing? I thought he would have had plenty to say about some of the decisions.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2022, 08:27:13 PM »

Jordan used to be in the referees ear all the time to the point of getting booked but since he has been captain, nothing? I thought he would have had plenty to say about some of the decisions.

I think he does still challenge decisions but as he is the captain he does have the right to ask the question so refs allow a certain amount of debate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread