PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 10530 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 10:07:29 PM »

If PP told the team at half time that they couldn't possibly be poorer in the second half than they were in the first, then that's another thing he got wrong.

OK, the officials were utterly incompetent, but if we'd had even two of our penalty shouts awarded we'd probably have missed them both.

Can't be arsed going again, even with my season ticket.

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 10:11:37 PM »

Colclough might as well hand in a transfer request and pack it in here. I’m not sure what else he could have done tonight, he was our only threat.

Massive overreaction this time last week to beating a wank Oldham side. We’re poor.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 10:20:30 PM »

Extremely limited tonight. I was praying we’d start to try something other than swinging it from one touch line to the other but bar 10 minutes at the end it seemed that was all we had to offer and Unfortunately there was absolutely no end product at all. Colclough his usual self and Pringle looked a step above when he came on but I can’t think of any other positives from this evening. We miss Marriott and Kosylo a great and deal and obviously the striker issue continues to plague us.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2022, 10:29:54 PM »

That was an extremely elaborate parody, I'm sure of it. Every adjective you would use critically about this team applied tonight, but the one that came to mind in the opening 30 minutes of the second half was spineless. I thought Wealdstone were limited, polite and there for the taking in the first ten minutes. But once they'd got a foothold in the game, we made sloppy errors, held onto the ball too long, had a total lack of anything in the centre of the pitch, and relied totally on Colclough. Osborne tonight was absolutely dire and was deservedly hooked.

18 points from 17. From the equivalent fixtures last season we had 26 points and a better goal difference.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 11:32:41 PM by finnquark1 »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2022, 10:30:08 PM »

That was poor.

Firstly the officials who somehow didn’t give us one penalty tonight. The most obvious of the three when Colclough turned his man & was clearly tripped on the byline early in the first half, I have no idea how the linesman who had a great view didn’t give it, clear as day. The second incident when Conn-Clarke got goal side of their defender, the ref looks like he’s about to blow but seemingly freezes and waves play on. Maybe less clear but it looked it from behind the goal & it should be a red card. Parky looked livid with the ref and made a point of waiting for him until he walked off the pitch at HT. Yes we’ve still got to score it but he gives us the pen early doors & it’s potentially a completely different game.

The officials shouldn’t overshadow though what was a really laboured and low quality display from us. We were frequently overran in midfield, Kaja given a start and I’m afraid was poor & Hulme couldn’t make it stick, even CCC long range radar was off tonight. Wealdstone once they scored gave a master class in time wasting & general sh*thousery & whilst we piled the pressure on for the last 15-20 you couldn’t really begrudge them. What is worrying is that a part time side who had a long journey up today & who have been conceding for fun, held us off relatively comfortably. We need Marriot, Mullarkey, Baines & I’d be tempted to start Pringle if he’s fit enough.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 11:06:24 PM by Sarf London Alty »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2022, 10:39:15 PM »

That was terrible. I'm not going next week. A waste of money!

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2022, 10:50:27 PM »

Poor performance! If we are taking this league seriously we need to get rid of dinanga and Osborne! Both no way near the standard required at this level. We need a proper centre forward in before we get dragged into a proper relegation battle! Barrows needs to also do more and offer more going forward! We created very little down his side until the inteoduction of Pringle!

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2022, 11:21:25 PM »

A few good interplays and forward play by Colclough, a 1 yard sitter missed by Dinanga and a couple blazed over the bar from one or two others. Apart from the ref having an absolute stinker, there really isn’t too much to say. Thought E.Jones, Cooper and Osbourne gave the ball away far too much and just couldn’t move things quick enough. Don’t think PP was happy and substitutions spoke wonders. Don’t think Kaja is up to speed yet, but it will do us and him good to get the minutes under his belt. Wonder if we will see Marriot back soon and maybe our other defenders?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 11:49:06 PM »

I got my head bitten off last week for criticising Dinanga.

I said to Bill on the the way out.. If Dinangas the answer then we’re going down.. His reply was… He’d only been on 15 minutes.

His mates reply was . The cross came to Marcus too soon as he hadn’t been on long. Ffs

Ok the Ref was utter sh*te but..

Our back four only pass sideways or backwards.

When they receive the ball all they do is get rid, they never bring the ball out. That’s either because they haven’t got the confidence or that’s the instructions they have been given..

Barrows needs to get down the line more..

Jordon ploughs a lone track up top.

Josh works his socks off but he needs help .

Ryan is on a different level to his team mates apart from CCC. No wonder he gets frustrated.

We need some hard bastards in this team who can tackle. All the pretty tap ball isn’t working.

We are going to struggle, Barnet up next. I don’t want any more miserable nights out in Alty.

We need to spend that mysterious 300k that has been quoted on players starting with someone with a bit of nous and a fkn striker who can score.

I’m not interested in hearing how many goals Dinanga has scored in the last number of games. He ain’t good enough.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 01:08:24 AM by distancetraveller »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 11:59:11 PM »

PP said tonight after the game that Ryan carried us tonight.

He carries us most games Phil, he needs help not pats on the back.

There isn’t an Alty fan in the ground that doesn’t know/appreciate how good Ryan Colclough is week in week out.

We’re hearing every week that we “should” have scored.. we don’t because we need a striker.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2022, 08:11:22 AM »

Shocking inept performance last night, the same players making the same mistakes.
Colclough was by far our standout and most dangerous player.
The rest were inept as was the management performance.

I am not sure what we are trying to do when we are passing the ball side to side and backwards?

Wealdstone were clearly the better side and worked their socks off.

It was difficult to see those penalty shouts, and other than wishing the outcome we will decide whether the right or wrong decisions were made from the tv highlights.
Nevertheless we were very poor last night and changes need making.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2022, 08:24:54 AM »

Looking at some hopeful positives, maybe it will force the management to dip into the market for one or two more.

I firmly believe we aren't a million miles off, we all know what sort of difference one or two new faces makes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2022, 08:29:25 AM »

Looking at some hopeful positives, maybe it will force the management to dip into the market for one or two more.

I firmly believe we aren't a million miles off, we all know what sort of difference one or two new faces makes.

3 weeks ago, after Gateshead, Phil said there'd be repercussions for players. The same 13 have continued to play.

8 weeks ago the board gave Phil 'support'.

I dont think last night will change much. We'll probably sign a winger or striker like we did last season, but in reality, Marrioty back and Ferguson in woild be a better use of budget.
It's all my fault.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2022, 08:56:54 AM »

For me, it's the fact that the criticism of Dinanga is disproportionate. Why do you not mention Jordan Hulme's 75 minutes on the pitch without a shot on goal, on or off target?

You could put a league 1 striker in the number 9 position in this system and they wouldn't be scoring.

I got my head bitten off last week for criticising Dinanga.

I said to Bill on the the way out.. If Dinangas the answer then we’re going down.. His reply was… He’d only been on 15 minutes.

His mates reply was . The cross came to Marcus too soon as he hadn’t been on long. Ffs

Ok the Ref was utter sh*te but..

Our back four only pass sideways or backwards.

When they receive the ball all they do is get rid, they never bring the ball out. That’s either because they haven’t got the confidence or that’s the instructions they have been given..

Barrows needs to get down the line more..

Jordon ploughs a lone track up top.

Josh works his socks off but he needs help .

Ryan is on a different level to his team mates apart from CCC. No wonder he gets frustrated.

We need some hard bastards in this team who can tackle. All the pretty tap ball isn’t working.

We are going to struggle, Barnet up next. I don’t want any more miserable nights out in Alty.

We need to spend that mysterious 300k that has been quoted on players starting with someone with a bit of nous and a fkn striker who can score.

I’m not interested in hearing how many goals Dinanga has scored in the last number of games. He ain’t good enough.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2022, 08:57:11 AM »

3 weeks ago, after Gateshead, Phil said there'd be repercussions for players. The same 13 have continued to play.

8 weeks ago the board gave Phil 'support'.

I dont think last night will change much. We'll probably sign a winger or striker like we did last season, but in reality, Marrioty back and Ferguson in woild be a better use of budget.

Isaac will be a welcome return when fit again. Ferguson not getting much game time is surely worth making a phone call & asking the question.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread