News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Micky woodward quits Grays Athletic

Author Topic: Micky woodward quits Grays Athletic  (Read 2609 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »

Shame he isn't a northerner,I'm sure our board would welcome some of his fortune!  ;D He may have an unorthodox approach,but you can clearly see from the interview that he is passionate and  hurting over Gray's predicament, football needs passionate people.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/article.asp?aid=7323&iid=126&sud=1519

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Micky woodward quits Grays Athletic
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

That is trouble when a club depends on one person for it to prosper. Sometimes some supporters don't realise how much work some people do for their clubs at all levels for little reward.
They really should be beating teams like us

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/default.stm

Mr W not going completely, but its fairly clear he's not going to be funding them anymore.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

He was a good friend to us when we needed one, but hasn't he quit Grays quite a few times now?
There could be a change of heart before too long.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »

He was very good to us when we needed a friend but to be honest I'd not really want him within a million miles of the Club.

He seems to have left Grays more than enough times telling everyone in the process what he's done for the Club and generally hurling his toys as far as he can out of the pram

We don't need anyone like that

What it does prove is how fragile any Club relying on a benefactor can become and how quickly

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »

Mick Woodward was solid gold when he paid our legal bill, a man of principles. That is to be admired, and obviously it was gratefully received.

However, the guy seems to have an attitude that he bought his toy, therefore when things are not right he takes it home and won't share it. Any good businessman knows how to delegate, manage, and if it comes to it , when to pull out.

He seems to behave in an impulsive, kneejerk, reactionary manner, and seemingly cannot accept criticism of any form. How many false resignations now?

I would NEVER want a person like him in control here. All clubs are bigger than the individual.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:23 PM »

He's paid the big money, not the fans.  Doesn't that give him the right to have the club run his way? may not be our way, but he pays, he says. 

Grays have been lucky to have him as a sugar daddy, especially if he leaves them debt free.  Was it 2 trophy wins and a number of promotions?  That's some going Mr. W so I doff my non-existent cap in his direction.

(p.s. if they don't go down this year they will next).

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »

Great top bloke but doesn't seem to realise that at every club and every business you will get folk who criticise you no matter of the hours, money and passion you have put in perhaps being the sole reason for that person have a club to support / job to earn a living.

Grays would be playing the RMIs of the sarf (if they have any) without this guy.

He may just be playing clever.....what better way to really show up those dissenters and disenfranchise them by threatening to resign and ruin it for everyone else?

And we should show a lot more respect for this guy after what he did for Alty than say something like "yeah he did us a favour but i wouldn't want him within a million miles of my club throwing his toys out etc etc"....proves every club has one or two who speak before they think. I agree alty needs stability but With geoff's prudence and this guy's money and passion it could surely be a dream ticket for Alty FC...?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

I disagree Jezza, he's clearly autocratic and to my mind a poor manager of people, bully I expect the term is. He resigns/leaves every time anyone dare criticise him. How their manager can accept him marching into the dressing room and taking over I don't know.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team