PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Premier League Donation
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Premier League Donation  (Read 5748 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Premier League Donation
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »

I dont suppose for one minute that teams like Salisbury, Chester, or Northwich will be giving the Taxman any of this unexpected windfall .. They should be made to use it to pay off their debts.

This topic has been debated on the Vics website.........mainly moaning that it's not fair that BSP clubs will probably receive a bigger 'share' than BSN clubs. However someone has posted on the site saying that it does not matter, that clubs in Admin or not entitled to a cut.............seems unlikely to me, but seems fair to me !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 12:31:55 PM »

Are Vics still trying to agree a CVA? If it works like an IVA I think they would be obliged to pay some, if not all, of their windfall to their creditors.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »

They have definately not agreed a CVA

The main stumbling block is HM Revenue who have rejected Jim Rushe's offer of both 25p and 35p in the pound.
I know Vics had a Supporters Trust meeting last week and Rushe said he was 'close' to agreeing a CVA
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »

Heres an idea for Mr Rushe:

Cut the cloth accordingly with immediate effect, suffer the consequences on the pitch as they so rightly should have done when they originally decided to avoid being really sh*t by stealing money from creditors, and make the sensible offer to all parties of a pound in the pound like we did.

Im not having this inherited debt crap either. He knew the state the club was in when he bought it, he knew then how much needed to be paid back. He ignored it and carried on stealing money/services from creditors (players included).

At the end of the day, although there is lots of clubs doing a vics, overall they are still the minority. Why should they get away with stealing money. Its theft in its basic form. Take money, or a service with no intention of paying, or only the intention of paying half. I dont go into a shop and decide on my own discounts, why should they?

They should be exempt from this money because they have a proven track record at being wholly unable to fulfill any financial obligations!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »

I dont suppose for one minute that teams like Salisbury, Chester, or Northwich will be giving the Taxman any of this unexpected windfall .. They should be made to use it to pay off their debts.

This topic has been debated on the Vics website.........mainly moaning that it's not fair that BSP clubs will probably receive a bigger 'share' than BSN clubs. However someone has posted on the site saying that it does not matter, that clubs in Admin or not entitled to a cut.............seems unlikely to me, but seems fair to me !

I can't see the conference doing that either but it would be a f**king brilliant moveon their part  if it did. I suppose the £1mil has been paid to the conference centrally to be distributed rather than straight to the clubs so I guess it could happen theoretically (I think the football league sometimes hold on to tv revenues?). Maybe the conference could force say Salisbury to pay £20k of their outstanding £200k IR bill before releasing it to them, or something.

And just going back to Ecky's point I think it's a great gesture by the PL. Let's be honest the BSP let alone the BSN/S has anything to do with them at all, I don't see why they should do it. I think I recall a precedent though. I'd have to  check (Jimmy Hill will know) but I think on their major deal about 7 years ago they did make a huge payment to the football foundation (ending up in Macc's pockets eh) as well. A bit about it in David Conn's book.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

Whilst we're on the subject of teams recieving money who are 'in debt' in a 'cva' or other type of mess, where do we draw the line ?

I'm sure some BSN teams will be upset that Fleetwood will recieve money they seem fit not to need ? Would swallow some of the transfer fee they paid for Seddon. (who scored 3 on Saturday)

It opens a can of worms

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »

And just going back to Ecky's point I think it's a great gesture by the PL. Let's be honest the BSP let alone the BSN/S has anything to do with them at all, I don't see why they should do it. I think I recall a precedent though. I'd have to  check (Jimmy Hill will know) but I think on their major deal about 7 years ago they did make a huge payment to the football foundation (ending up in Macc's pockets eh) as well. A bit about it in David Conn's book.

I think that because the Football Foundation is a charity there are restrictions about what it can do with its money. Most notably charities can't just gift money to failing businesses, which meant that it couldn't just bail out clubs that had overspent. This meant that much of the money went on stadium improvement grants for lower league clubs rather than directly into their pockets.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »

Again.........no idea on the validity of this. But I have seen a statement today on a website, supposedly from Dennis Strudwick, the Conf Chairman.
It says that BSP clubs will receive £30k and BSN will receive £6k.........it also states that those clubs who are subject to an insolvency event will not receive any funding.
So, if true, £30k is a great windfall courtesy of the Premier League and those in admin are also getting what they deserve

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »

Again.........no idea on the validity of this. But I have seen a statement today on a website, supposedly from Dennis Strudwick, the Conf Chairman.
It says that BSP clubs will receive £30k and BSN will receive £6k.........it also states that those clubs who are subject to an insolvency event will not receive any funding.
So, if true, £30k is a great windfall courtesy of the Premier League and those in admin are also getting what they deserve

On the face of it the BSN/S clubs will bleat abut £6k which I can understand but under the Setanta deal BSP clubs got £80k and BSN/S £12k, under these payments BSN clubs get 37.5% of what they would have and BSN/S 50% which seems fair enough to me. I would also suspect that the conference wouldn't be brave enough to deny the clubs in administration money and will probably just withold it until such time as they come out of admin.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 02:45:26 PM »

Whilst we're on the subject of teams recieving money who are 'in debt' in a 'cva' or other type of mess, where do we draw the line ?

I'm sure some BSN teams will be upset that Fleetwood will recieve money they seem fit not to need ? Would swallow some of the transfer fee they paid for Seddon. (who scored 3 on Saturday)

It opens a can of worms

Does it do tins of corned beef. They are particularly difficult to open!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

It opens a can of worms

Does it do tins of corned beef. They are particularly difficult to open!

JD,

As regards the process of opening tins of corned beef, I suspect that you are simply making a hash of it.

There - now you have dragged me down to your level...!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

1 down, 1350 to go!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Premier League Donation