PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nick Clee
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Nick Clee  (Read 14351 times)

RocketDan

Nick Clee
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:16 PM »

I've tried to like him, i really have. I will give him all the time in the world (well the last 10 minutes from the bench).

Sadly the fact remains he is gash, not only that, when he comes the whole team seems to lose confidence.

Is this just coincidence? I think not, he does have a bloody good throw, shame we can't bring him on as a 'special player' like the american football thing.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Clee
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:51 PM »

I've tried to like him, i really have. I will give him all the time in the world (well the last 10 minutes from the bench).

Sadly the fact remains he is gash, not only that, when he comes the whole team seems to lose confidence.

Is this just coincidence? I think not, he does have a bloody good throw, shame we can't bring him on as a 'special player' like the american football thing.

hes not been given a chance although the left in general  is a worry 10 points from 5 games still a great start

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »

Doesnt cut the mustard in BSP but hey its only my Opinion. Would love to see him prove me wrong

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »

hes not been given a chance although the left in general  is a worry 10 points from 5 games still a great start

there is a reason why he hasn't been given a chance, the same reason why cote puts heffernan infront of him in the pecking order. because he is a pooptacular.

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »

Doesnt cut the mustard in BSP but hey its only my Opinion. Would love to see him prove me wrong

he will prove you wrong, sadly it will be at barrow next year.

MichaelH

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »

He hasnt had a proper game yet though  :-*

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »

I still think he's got something to offer. It would be unfair to pick on him today when he only got a few minutes. And I've said before that he and Dale would link together well, if we just got them on the pitch at the same time !

Two or three seasons back we'd have been saying how good he was in comparison to some of the other mediocre players we've had.

ant

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »

True he hasn't had much of a chance and looks off the pace at this level(did today).  He might step up and might yet get his chance with such a small squad.  Cracking thrower of the ball though and makes a long one look effortless.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 12:47:26 AM »

and makes a long one look effortless.

oo-er missus!

As Mrs Jezza would say a long one is always worth sticking in just to see what happens.

ant

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »

and makes a long one look effortless.

oo-er missus!

As Mrs Jezza would say a long one is always worth sticking in just to see what happens.

I'm sure that would be a good result for both parties! ;)

AltyIan

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »

We just needed an absolute poor player to replace the mistakes that warren peyton use to make

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »

I am sure if he reads this thread it will really encourage him and he wont feel like there is any pressure on him and so he will play better football.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »

It's official: Nick Clee is the new "Jason Gallagher"!   :)
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 11:07:02 PM »

We just needed an absolute poor player to replace the mistakes that warren peyton use to make

Because of course Warren deliberately cocked things up to intentionally sabotage Alty's season.

Maybe he didn't have the quality of Tom Kearney but he gave 100% every time.

Give Nicky Clee a chance FFS

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »

Because of course Warren deliberately cocked things up to intentionally sabotage Alty's season.

Maybe he didn't have the quality of Tom Kearney but he gave 100% every time.

Give Nicky Clee a chance FFS

I don't always agree with ATS, but this time he is spot on.

I had to miss Saturday's game so can't give my view on that, but against Histon the lad miscontrolled his first touch and someone behind me shouted "URGH, YOU ARE sh*t". That's just poor form, you've got to encourage the lad. If over the course of 6 months he has still done nothing then fine. As it is, he clearly has a terrific throw which could be useful, if he can just get up to speed and play adequately he'll be a very decent squad member.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nick Clee