PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Bradford Park Avenue-Match Postponed
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Altrincham v Bradford Park Avenue-Match Postponed  (Read 3992 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Bradford Park Avenue-Match Postponed
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »

At the risk of repeating myself, there's a clue in the club's address - Moss Lane. This is a piece of land that's doing it's best to be wet all the time. Most of the time the drainage is just about successful but if the whole area is saturated there's nowhere for the water to go. It's also at the bottom of a hill so water is naturally going to run down and get soaked up by this huge sponge. This is nothing to do with pitch preparation, it's nature.

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »

At the risk of repeating myself, there's a clue in the club's address - Moss Lane. This is a piece of land that's doing it's best to be wet all the time. Most of the time the drainage is just about successful but if the whole area is saturated there's nowhere for the water to go. It's also at the bottom of a hill so water is naturally going to run down and get soaked up by this huge sponge. This is nothing to do with pitch preparation, it's nature.

yup.

All that can be done is being done I am sure.  It's rained a lot. That's all there is to be said in my opinion.

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:40:03 PM »

Spot on. Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. As someone who has studied local history it is amazing how many clues there are in something as simple as a road name.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Bradford Park Avenue-Match Postponed