+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc

Poll

Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of alty

No
Yes...rowley out!!
Yes but stay as community director or vice chair or something

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc  (Read 11059 times)

GB Alty

Re: Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 07:30:47 PM »

Resign and let him have a job serving pints behind the bar
Spot on

He can even clean the toilets as well
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:34:36 PM by Sponge »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be able to have a preferred opinion in terms of what else Graham Rowley would be better suited to than being chairman - i.e. Vice chairman, community director, barman etc. But ultimately that should be a decision for the new chairman coming in. Would he want the ex-chairman in a prominent position? Would Graham Rowley even think the relationship was workable having previously clung on so desperately to being the chairman? Who knows.

The most, and only, important thing for now is that he goes. Exactly what that looks like for him moving forward can be worked through later.

I dont think he is clinging on desperately. It seems a pretty comfortable post to me. He's appointing new directors, I assume in the hope they can turn the clubs fortunes around. I think he is just not at the point of realisation yet that his position is no longer sustainable. It seems that a lot of fans believe that point has been reached.

Yes, that's a fair point mate. We can disagree on the definition of clinging on, but the point I was making was more from a hypothetical (although some might think unlikely) position where Graham Rowley has left his position, wasn't best pleased about it, and what would happen next in that scenario. It would then be for a new chairman to decide what he/she wants from the team around them and what position each individual should occupy moving forward.

I completely agree on that. Maybe that's why it's such a big thing. Would he and his family want to continue to give so much if he's completely frozen out of the board? I wouldn't blame him for walking away but what would he do? Behind this is several human beings with lives completely devout to the club. It's not easy but it doesn't mean he has a right to kill the club.

Spring

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 11:16:40 PM »

Does anyone know the actual mechanics and process that would have to be followed if Mr Rowley did decide to step down from the Chairman role but agreed to stay on the Board?

How do possible replacements become nominated.....is it by invitation from the Board or application to the Board when the vacancy was announced.

I appreciate the above is purely hypothetical but it as well to know the process the majority of people who have voted, would prefer to see enacted.

It is not totally inconceivable that Mr Rowley does recognise himself that he was a great success as Vice Chairman but that he has clearly failed as Chairman. He is not stupid and must surely recognise that he is the first Chairman in living history that has presided over a team that is financially stable and not in debt but whose performances on the pitch were classified as the' worst in English football'.

You would have to be an ostrich not to recognise that this happening on your watch has to rank as an example of undoubted failure and if you truly loved the club, as we all believe he does, he might recognise that it was the benefit of the club that he should revert back to the role where he was successful and let someone else take a turn at the helm.

Or am I naive dreamer ? Answers on a postcard to The Moss Lane Home For the Delusional.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »

There is no question that GR and his family have put a lot of effort into the club. Yet, if he didnt, there would be other people who would collectively put in the same amount of time and effort.
The review does have some interesting pieces in there, but for me, GR is not the person to take the review or Alty further.
He has presided over the worst showing in our history. The appointment of Tolson & Young were abject failures. Harvey inherited a load of rubbish and coudnt do much with it, same with Doughty.
In addition to the footballing, GR has shown continued inability to communicate effectively with the paying supporters.
From confronting fans at Braintree, the NLP article, the public shaming of "supporters" despite no evidence being shown that an Altrincham supporter was involved in any wrongdoing etc. This is not what the chairman should be doing.
GR has lost support from me.
GR may work well on the community side of things, but this should not be a cloud over any incoming Chairman.
Its not a case of no one being out there to take the role. There wasnt anyone when Goodwin took the job.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should grahame rowley resign as chairman of altrincham fc