PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hope your proud
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hope your proud  (Read 8210 times)

Jeffers

Re: Hope your proud
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »

Firstly GH has done a lot for this club. Bringing us from the lower regions of unibond to playoff final winners. Before that GH was argubly one of the best players to have ever pulled on the famous red and white of alty. He has been a long servant to the club, and is well respected by a lot of alty fans.

I, along with many guys i have talked to, feel alty should achieve a position with 15-19th position. This is a realistic ambition, with the summer signings we have the ability to improve on last seasons performance. Saturday, after a very good start ended with an unbeliveable thrashing. I hope the team recovers to put in another spirited display against Halifax, a game im unable to attend due to taking a vacation untill the end of August.

However GH should not and cannot act in the way he did on saturday. As one of the supporters who GH personally vocally attacked, i felt absolutly shocked that the manager of the club i have supported for many years had singled me out. I had done nothing to provoke such an outburst, and although tensions were running high after the game GH sometimes goes completely over the top. Saturday, was a prime example of this. GH should be ashamed of his actions, and make an apology for his actions.

Maybe GH needs to sit down with us (the supporters) and explain what he and the board think are the clubs ambitions for this and the next few seasons. Only as one force can we take this great club forward again.

I am proud of supporting alty, and will still be attending both home and away game to support our lads.

Stockportalty

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »

I think it should be remembered that while we were able to go straight into the bar after the match was over with all our heightened emotions, Graham had to face his players, who, at half time were winning, and then at the end were coming off after having 4 goals put past them. He will have been as frustrated as all of us to see those goals go in, and after the final whistle he has to go into the dressing room and analyze what happened, give praise for the what went well and give constructive critisism for things that went wrong. Not an easy task when emotions are running so high. That is the job he has to do, and has done so well for the past few years, lets not make it harder for him.  Once the days work is over Graham will more often than not be in the bar with the rest of us. :)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »

Right as a few of you know I live in Exeter,i was down at Fitness First this morning(monday 13/08/07) and all the Exeter players were in there training as well.I was talking with Lee Elam and he said the only difference was the fitness levels of the to teams and that Alty just ranout of steam.hope this puts things into perspective
Harold

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »

Well I saw Colin Running for the 298 timperley circular, so clearly we are also doing fitness training.

Oh didnt see him really and dont even know if the 298 runs anymore.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »

Who's Colin Running? Is he related to Dave Winger?  :)

Jenga

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »

Bugger, these youngsters on here who can't spell and use correct punctuation - goddam it eagle eyes!!!

Dave Winger and Colin Running - we are getting a nice team together now.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »

Firstly GH has done a lot for this club. Bringing us from the lower regions of unibond to playoff final winners. Before that GH was argubly one of the best players to have ever pulled on the famous red and white of alty. He has been a long servant to the club, and is well respected by a lot of alty fans.

I, along with many guys i have talked to, feel alty should achieve a position with 15-19th position. This is a realistic ambition, with the summer signings we have the ability to improve on last seasons performance. Saturday, after a very good start ended with an unbeliveable thrashing. I hope the team recovers to put in another spirited display against Halifax, a game im unable to attend due to taking a vacation untill the end of August.

However GH should not and cannot act in the way he did on saturday. As one of the supporters who GH personally vocally attacked, i felt absolutly shocked that the manager of the club i have supported for many years had singled me out. I had done nothing to provoke such an outburst, and although tensions were running high after the game GH sometimes goes completely over the top. Saturday, was a prime example of this. GH should be ashamed of his actions, and make an apology for his actions.

Maybe GH needs to sit down with us (the supporters) and explain what he and the board think are the clubs ambitions for this and the next few seasons. Only as one force can we take this great club forward again.

I am proud of supporting alty, and will still be attending both home and away game to support our lads.
[/quote]

I have to agree with you re. the need for GH to apologise for his post match actions on Saturday.

Passion for the club is fine but to launch into a foul-mouthed rant at some innocent and loyal supporters is simply out of order and, frankly, embarrassing.

Let's be honest here, if, say, a certain Dave Pace had behaved in exactly the same manner in our social club, this forum would have been full of people taking the moral high ground and criticising him.

So, no double standards please.

We have lost our opening home game of the season before (even when Tony Sanders was the manager!) and the world hasn't ended.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

The 298 does still run jenga.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hope your proud