PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brilliant intentions signalled by the management
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Brilliant intentions signalled by the management  (Read 4986 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 24, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »

Now we no longer have the millstone of thousands of pounds worth of debts to service each month,well done to graham and graham for some first class signings this summer,they have done a fabulous job in securing some real quality on what is still a small budget for a conference side, but obivously a more improved and more competitive budget, isnt it great to actually have a crack of the whip on a more level playing field than in recent years,and to be fair, Im delighted that Graham Heathcote has got the chance to have a crack at this league with a competitive budget for a change,
bring it on I say!.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brilliant intentions signalled by the management
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »

Now we no longer have the millstone of thousands of pounds worth of debts to service each month,well done to graham and graham for some first class signings this summer,they have done a fabulous job in securing some real quality on what is still a small budget for a conference side, but obivously a more improved and more competitive budget, isnt it great to actually have a crack of the whip on a more level playing field than in recent years,and to be fair, Im delighted that Graham Heathcote has got the chance to have a crack at this league with a competitive budget for a change,
bring it on I say!.

well said , i do hope we get a centre half in though

Moomin Papa

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:57:38 PM »

Hughsey you smelly

What was that you were shouting at Lee Elam at Exeter last year?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »

I think I called him cuddle cat

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »

Indeed Moomin I recal Mr Elam not being on many Alty fans Christmas card list!!

However I do find it a little exciting that Alty have signed a "name". Not that it makes it a better signing it's just that I can't remember the last time Alty signed a non-league face??

I'm sure someone can put me straight on this!

Moomin, I am driving up Sat morning and returning Sunday if you want a lift for the Stalybridge game.

RR
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »

Tinson...?

However I do find it a little exciting that Alty have signed a "name". Not that it makes it a better signing it's just that I can't remember the last time Alty signed a non-league face??

bigcol

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:01:59 PM »

Actually the club signed three 'names' last season.

But I don't care - pre-season is all about moments like this.

Altyant

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

Just want to echo the sentiments of Hughesys post. A clear signal of intent that with a slightly more competitive budget we're going to give it a real go.

Anyone know if Elam is on a contract following GHs comments about having to move that way in terms of signing players

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:33:30 PM »

Tinson...?

Ok so you only had to go back months rather than years.....

In my defence Tinson was merely out to pasture with us.

Staly Leon??
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 10:35:32 PM »

Moomin, I am driving up Sat morning and returning Sunday if you want a lift for the Stalybridge game.

RR

Yeah, I think a number of us let rip at Lee Elam at Exeter last season, that's all in the past now though he's pulling on a different set of red and white stripes :D

Tinson was a bona fide non league 'face' too I'd say, Denham on the North West circuit certainly is too, but this is another great signing by GH and the board, well done to them.

Rocky cu on Satd, hell I know it's only a friendly but do you think we might actually WIN at the Bower Fold??!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »

Stalybridge haven't been slow either and have made 2 impressive signings, very impressive ones at BSNorth level anyway. Could be a good game this.

Altrincham's friendly on Saturday is away to Stalybridge Celtic whose chairman reports that "Keith Briggs was signed by Norwich, aged 21, for £65,000. He moved on from there back to Stockport and although he was offered another contract this season with Mansfield, I am delighted to say that he has decided to join Celtic. One Bower Fold official said to me 'Keith is the type of midfield general that we've been looking for for a long time. Rarely gives the ball away and is always aware of the players around him'. I'm also really excited to also announce the signing of Chris Williams. Most Northwich fans will tell you that Chris transformed their season when he joined them, on loan, from Stockport County and was the main reason they romped the Conference North that season. Chris, who is a winger, was courted by Man City as a teenager and one of our officials described him as 'a type of Chris Denham, only faster and more direct'.  >:( Chris broke his leg playing for Northwich in the Conference National, but has now fully returned to match fitness".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:17:58 PM by Ballers »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »

spoke to lee today, he said the only reason he has signedis because hughsey has given him so much grief over the years he just wants some praise, like a son looking up to a father  :D :P

Alex

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »

RR

Yeah, I think a number of us let rip at Lee Elam at Exeter last season, that's all in the past now though he's pulling on a different set of red and white stripes :D

Tinson was a bona fide non league 'face' too I'd say, Denham on the North West circuit certainly is too, but this is another great signing by GH and the board, well done to them.

Rocky cu on Satd, hell I know it's only a friendly but do you think we might actually WIN at the Bower Fold??!

now were getting ahead of ourselves  ;)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »

Staly Leon??

Your question is "Am I planning to travel from London to Stalybridge for a pre-season friendly?"

The answer is no.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »

bring it on I say!.

Tell GH to stop it right now!
I'm getting too excited.
It seems so long since we went into a season with any real hope of actually competing that I find myself starting to get uneasy when what I should really be doing is just enjoying it!

To echo the words of others, ... just bring it on!!!!!!!!  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team