PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 12am Kick Off ?  (Read 19257 times)

Alty365

Re: 12am Kick Off ?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »

It might be simpler still if the home fans are all kept in the Golf Road End with the away fans given one third of the pop side. I can't see that we would need any more space than that and the atmosphere in the home end would be tremendous!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »

I know with the hospitality stuff going on etc it's not possible, but I've often thought that it would be good if the Family Stand were to be away seating and the Main stand home only for matches like this.
This would mean we could still be at the 20/20 corner when Alty were kicking that way. It does spoil it a little otherwise (as, selfishly, we - Mrs S and I - usually stand in the mid section of the pop side and like it there!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »

Wrexham official  website now reporting that it has been changed to 12.00 kickoff, can anyone confirm from alty?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Red_dragon

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 02:26:07 PM »

Game is now a 12KO according to our official site.

http://www.wrexhamafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/

Bad news really as far as i'm concerned.

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »

Why oh why is there need to change the time of the fixture???

If tottenham-arsenal, city and united can all be 3KO football times, why can a game that will attract a fraction of the people.

Madness.

Alty365

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »

Because our local Police are idiots basically. An absolutely ridiculous decision.

Red_Army_Wrexham

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »

How much longer are football clubs going to let the thugs in uniform dictate KO times/dates?

If people want to get smashed and cause trouble at the game they will do so regardless of KO times. Fact. The Police are so far away from reality its scary.

Alty365

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »

I'm inclined to agree. If people of that mentality are really that determined to make trouble they will find a way irrespective of the kick off time. I just hope it doesn't adversely affect your away following too badly because I'm really looking forward to this game. 

Red_Army_Wrexham

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »

Unfortunately it will affect how many we bring, only 1,000 Wrexham fans may turn up ow.  :-[

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »

Unfortunately it will affect how many we bring, only 1,000 Wrexham fans may turn up ow.  :-[

Yeah it's a shame but i think you're right, only 1000-1200 will attend now rather then the 1500+ that was expected.

Red_dragon

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »

Thing is, i'v allready had texts off mates who said they will be drinking cans on the train and head in to Wetherspoons (The Unicorn) at 9am.

What we're the police trying to acheive again by an early kick-off?  ::)

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »

Trying to avoid being negative, 1000 is still a pretty decent away following to see brought.

markecky

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 02:50:50 PM »

Trying to avoid being negative, 1000 is still a pretty decent away following to see brought.

Indeed, is 987 more than Solihull were planning....

Alty365

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »

It just annoys me that the Police never seem to get it right. Last week a problem with about 50 fans escalated beyond all proportion because the Police were too slow to react. Now, they are being totally over the top and ruining a lot of people's day out by going too far the other way. They appear to be completely bereft of common sense!

Red_dragon

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »

It just annoys me that the Police never seem to get it right. Last week a problem with about 50 fans escalated beyond all proportion because the Police were too slow to react. Now, they are being totally over the top and ruining a lot of people's day out by going too far the other way. They appear to be completely bereft of common sense!

Good post. Spot-on there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 12am Kick Off ?