Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTRINCHAM vs. OXFORD UNITED (SETANTA INTERFERENCE)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ALTRINCHAM vs. OXFORD UNITED (SETANTA INTERFERENCE)  (Read 8134 times)

Alty365

Re: ALTRINCHAM vs. OXFORD UNITED (SETANTA INTERFERENCE)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »

I wrote an email to them last week and received a reply, both of which are attached below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your latest schedule information for Blue Square Premier until October (inclusive), I am extremely disappointed at the disparity with which teams receive live coverage. Teams such as Wrexham, Oxford and Torquay feature very prominently in your schedule whilst others such as Altrincham, Northwich and Crawley Town are not featured at all. Given that my subscription has just risen by 30% for the new season I am most unhappy that the competition which I primarily subscribe to watch is, more often than not,  going to feature the same teams all the time.

Given that teams receive money when they are featured in live matches, it seems entirely unfair to me that the "big boys" in the league are featured more regularly, and therefore bank a lot more money to boost their chances of success. To my mind this simply serves to widen the gap between the "have's" and "have not's" and is very unhealthy for the game.

It would be nice to see a more even spread of live games throughout the league and by constantly featuring the same clubs I feel a lot of paying customers are missing out. Given that Setanta have Barclays Premier League matches and now also International and FA Cup broadcast rights as well, I can well imagine that the Blue Square Premier is of little concern to you. However, I am extremely unhappy at the current situation and hope to see a change in the current trend of only showing the bigger clubs.

To this end I would very much like to hear from you and also hope that you take on board my comments and keep them in mind for the future.

Many thanks and best regards,

Ian Rosendaal.

Dear  Ian Rosendaal

Thank you for your e-mail.

You do have some valid points and we will take them onboard.

I can confirm that the details have been forwarded to the appropriate department.

Again thank you as it is feedback from our customers which allows us to focus on key areas to improve our service and product offering.

Yours sincerely

Harrisson Moorehead

AHendersonUK

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »

I don't know. I'll tell you if when we actaully get a game put on Setenta.
That was my gripe.  If Alty are shown then I might be able to take the KO changes but no live games planned yet I dont think >:(

Butty

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »

Unfortunately, I dont think they will listen to lots of individuals, for anything to be done, I think we all need to join forces and make a stand against Setantas exclusive viewing.

Longman

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »

I wrote an email to them last week and received a reply, both of which are attached below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your latest schedule information for Blue Square Premier until October (inclusive), I am extremely disappointed at the disparity with which teams receive live coverage. Teams such as Wrexham, Oxford and Torquay feature very prominently in your schedule whilst others such as Altrincham, Northwich and Crawley Town are not featured at all. Given that my subscription has just risen by 30% for the new season I am most unhappy that the competition which I primarily subscribe to watch is, more often than not,  going to feature the same teams all the time.

Given that teams receive money when they are featured in live matches, it seems entirely unfair to me that the "big boys" in the league are featured more regularly, and therefore bank a lot more money to boost their chances of success. To my mind this simply serves to widen the gap between the "have's" and "have not's" and is very unhealthy for the game.

It would be nice to see a more even spread of live games throughout the league and by constantly featuring the same clubs I feel a lot of paying customers are missing out. Given that Setanta have Barclays Premier League matches and now also International and FA Cup broadcast rights as well, I can well imagine that the Blue Square Premier is of little concern to you. However, I am extremely unhappy at the current situation and hope to see a change in the current trend of only showing the bigger clubs.

To this end I would very much like to hear from you and also hope that you take on board my comments and keep them in mind for the future.

Many thanks and best regards,

Ian Rosendaal.

Dear  Ian Rosendaal

Thank you for your e-mail.

You do have some valid points and we will take them onboard.

I can confirm that the details have been forwarded to the appropriate department.

Again thank you as it is feedback from our customers which allows us to focus on key areas to improve our service and product offering.

Yours sincerely

Harrisson Moorehead

At the end of the day Setanta is a business and more people will tune in to watch Torquay or Oxford than would Alty or Crawley.

It's just something we have to put up with.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

That looks like a pretty standaed reply. So basically they aren't interested.

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

Indeed it is quite a standard reply and it was no more than I expected in all honesty. However, it was nice to put my views across in a consructive way instead of just feeling annoyed about it. It cost me nothing to do it and at least they had the courtesy to acknowledge my comments.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »

If and when FCUM ever make the Conference it's going to be fascinating to see them take on Setanta and the league authorities head on.

AHendersonUK

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »

We should all copy and paste the letter and bombard Setanta with it ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team