PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CARNAGE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CARNAGE!!!  (Read 10594 times)

Mostonian

CARNAGE!!!
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »

I'm an FC fan and after reading the predictions of rampaging, drug fuelled Visigoths due to descend on North Cheshire I decided to wear my next door neighbours American football helmet, his son's skateboard knee pads, my chain mail butcher's apron and my 18 hole steelies.
Anyway, I got near the ground and heard nothing. So obviously I was wary, looking this way and that when all of a sudden a loose paving stone crept up on me due to all my armour giving me a reduced field of vision (I had a neck brace on and could only deviate four degrees from the horizontal) and casing me to go arse over tit.
It's a disgrace that a Conference team can't afford a bit of Tarmac. If you don't do it for me, do it for the kids. They're the future.

thegazelle

Re: CARNAGE!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »

kids are not the future whipper stoppers are the future and in somecases the grade 2 listed past.

Glad to see it all went off without a murmur (very predictable) hope you enjoyed your night out

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »

Lack of tarmac is insignificant compared to the lack of one's own stadium.

And the lack of stoppers makes both of the above look like a walk in the park!   ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:33:37 AM by Alty365 »

Mostonian

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »

Lack of tarmac is insignificant compared to the lack of one's own stadium.

How very tiresome and trite.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »

Not to mention true!

Mostonian

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 11:05:15 AM »

Not to mention true!

Is it not also true that you were formed, originally in 1891, and played "on a variety of fields in Broadheath, West Timperley and Altrincham" until 1903?
Twelve years eh? Let's see if we can beat you. And in the meantime we're doing a little better than various fields, wouldn't you say old chap?

infamy

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »

Have you heard the rumours that FC are going to buy Moss Lane, and you will stay as our tenants?
Rachman was nothing ....

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »

Not to mention true!

Is it not also true that you were formed, originally in 1891, and played "on a variety of fields in Broadheath, West Timperley and Altrincham" until 1903?
Twelve years eh? Let's see if we can beat you. And in the meantime we're doing a little better than various fields, wouldn't you say old chap?

Times have changed a little since the end of the 19th century though, wouldn't you say? Hardly a fair comparison!

infamy

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 11:50:21 AM »

You're right Alty365.

I suddenly feel like a waif and stray, shoeless, wandering the streets of Bury.
I'm not sure we'll get through another winter *sniff*

Popeye

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »

Not to mention true!

Times have changed a little since the end of the 19th century though, wouldn't you say? Hardly a fair comparison!

Yes since then, non league has sprouted from that field in Broadheath like something Professor Hawkin would merely theorizes about, quite magical.  

Still I think you could do with mending the pavement, I too stumbled on a slab near the ground but luckily I was wearing a padded duvet

markecky

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »

Have you heard the rumours that FC are going to buy Moss Lane, and you will stay as our tenants?
Rachman was nothing ....

I've heard with the losses you make each year you'd be lucky to buy Chris Lane never mind Moss Lane.

Popeye

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »

Rachman was nothing ....

I've heard with the losses you make each year you'd be lucky to buy Chris Lane never mind Moss Lane.

Innit, some of the FC players last night were playing with no shoes on for christ sake.........by the way can you spare us 20p for a cup of tea fella?

Mostonian

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »

Not to mention true!

Sir, sir, sir!!!
Stop bringing facts to my attention that destroy my cosy view of the world.

Yes, times have changed. It's now much harder, and much more expensive to find land to build a football ground on.
Makes me wonder why you pissed about for twelve years.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:19 PM »

Not to mention true!

Sir, sir, sir!!!

Yes, times have changed. It's now much harder, and much more expensive to find land to build a football ground on.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Popeye

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 12:32:27 PM »

Not to mention true!

Sir, sir, sir!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Ahhhh that explains it
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CARNAGE!!!