PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax town - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Halifax town - MATCH THREAD  (Read 9998 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax town - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »

I will say of course I am very grateful for the RR crew
ParkINson's red and white army

brinners

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:05 PM »

We'd all have taken 2 2 earlier this evening. Halifax are a lot of people's tips to win the league and they'll certainly be in the top 2. Hope poor Tom is ok - we'll certainly miss him, but in Cyrus, Goodall and Heathcote, we're ok at the back for now. A quick well done to Jordan Sinnott - got a lot of stick on here and should enjoy his moment. Harrogate will be my first match of the season and hopefully it'll bring us our first victory. RR commentary was fine.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »

We'd all have taken 2 2 earlier this evening. Halifax are a lot of people's tips to win the league and they'll certainly be in the top 2. Hope poor Tom is ok - we'll certainly miss him, but in Cyrus, Goodall and Heathcote, we're ok at the back for now. A quick well done to Jordan Sinnott - got a lot of stick on here and should enjoy his moment. Harrogate will be my first match of the season and hopefully it'll bring us our first victory. RR commentary was fine.
why will Halifax certainly be in the top 2? Everyone I have spoken to has said they were a poor side

Settling for draws already not great - going to be a long season

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »

Halifax were sh*t with 2 or 3 players of half decent quality (although that can get you far in this league) and they would've lost, albeit undeservedly, had Jordan Sinnott not slapped in one of the best goals of the decade which he'll never do again.

I thought we defended well though. Cyrus, Goodall and Patterson all put in good shifts.

At best we can currently be described as a work in progress.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »

Thought a draw was about right, but Damien Reeves has to start every game when fit for me. Thought Halifax had real work rate and we defended well all evening, especially with Hannigan having to go off. We've had s tough start on paper and could as easily be sat here on six points rather than two. Halifax not giving us the ball back after we knocked it out of play due to an injury is a bit naughty for me, but they'll argue he was off the pitch, we've got to be cuter. As for Jordan Sinnott, wonderful strike, as for kissing his badge, fair play I wish he'd been kissing a Halifax badge last year and we might not be playing regional football now. Should never have been signed and the rot set in after his dad mistook people cheering a returning densmore as having a pop at his lad. He has no point to prove to us, just jog on and enjoy your football. Another tough assignment Saturday, let's see reeves back up top, he shouldn't be sat on the bench in this league, Hobson not fit enough for me yet.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »

Interesting 3-5-2 with lawrie as attacking mid yesterday seemed to flumox halifax, still big issues getting chances to the strikers neither of whom impressed
Bernard Taylors barmy army

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »

A point away from home against a promotion rival is no bad thing. When you consider that we spent a large part of the game with Miller as a wing back (the lad got skinned alive), and two central midfielders at centre half, I think it's most certainly a point gained. The order of the goals may have lead to disappointment but the amount of points remains the same.

Make no mistake about it, the Altrincham of last season would have conceded a third. The lads battled very well last night and there's absolutely no lack of fight or work rate in this side. It's just that we haven't shown anywhere near the cutting edge that we had during our last spell at this level. Will that come in time? Hopefully. In Lawrie, Goodall and Moult we've enough creativity to feed Damian Reeves multiple chances a game. We just need him on the pitch. Especially over Hobson who had an absolute shocker last night.

Notably, Dawber made an apologetic gesture to the away fans upon clapping us last night. He knows.

Jordan Sinnott with a worldie to equalise. That isn't Altrincham at all...

That Halifax side was nothing on the one that gained promotion a few years back, and I'll probably concede that ours is looking nothing like the one that did the same thing for us, but there's a long way to go and if we keep working like that we WILL start grinding out results.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »

Another draw, 2 2.
Now if you'd gone the whole hog and predicted the same scorers as well, I'd definitely be impressed 😉

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »

why will Halifax certainly be in the top 2? Everyone I have spoken to has said they were a poor side

Settling for draws already not great - going to be a long season
This is Vanarama North. They're all poor sides. While I'm a little concerned that we've drawn 7 out of 8 since pre season started - and lost the other - there's enough evidence that we can use this season to rebuild without being in danger of dropping into the Unibond.  And that has got to be the aim I'm afraid.

brinners

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

That is all true. It is Conference North and ALL the teams are poor. And it's true what Ballers said, 3 or 4 half decent players is enough to get you out of this league (particularly if they are strikers). Halifax have Denton and Peniket (?) who avoiding injury will score 50+ goals between them. With or without Reeves I'm not sure we can do this. 8th sounds depressing, but is probably realistic. We were spoilt with Clee, Walshaw and a younger Reeves last time. Had Reeves and Rankine got on, had Rankine accepted the new terms offered him and had Nicky avoided injury we'd definitely have been able to mount a challenge, but it is what it is, Hobson, Hattersley, Miller etc. We just have to get behind them and hope...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

Here's the Halifax viewpoint (they don't appear to rate Hattersley and one contributor wants them to submit a bid for Reeves):

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/17298-altrincham-thread/&page=1
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 05:44:22 PM »

And that we got 6.2 million for watmore and built a 750k hall with it ....

Hmmmmm yes OK

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:02 PM »

Hmmmmm yes OK

Think he is looking in to the future on that 9ne although it won't be 6.2 million

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »

Hmmmmm yes OK

Think he is looking in to the future on that 9ne although it won't be 6.2 million
agreed be amazed if it's 620k

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 05:59:05 PM »

Here's the Halifax viewpoint (they don't appear to rate Hattersley and one contributor wants them to submit a bid for Reeves):

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/17298-altrincham-thread/&page=1

Do you know anyone that rates Hattersley? He reminds me of the woeful Paul Williams and who would blame Reeves if he fancied Halifax after being left on the bench in favour of far worse players!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax town - MATCH THREAD