PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Exeter City Fans forum
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exeter City Fans forum  (Read 5838 times)

tinnyalty

Exeter City Fans forum
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:45:11 PM »

Just been looking at the exeter fans predictions for this weekend quite a mixed response from them..most of them think it will be a draw... :D

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16148

DarrenH

Re: Exeter City Fans forum
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »

One good thing is they seem confident about bringing 350 plus with them.
Good bit of revenue for the club.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

Am I reading a different post? As far as I can see most of them think they will beat us quite comfortably? Then again, doesn't every team we play against?

Am also glad to see they will be travelling in numbers. We need a good crowd in to start the season off!

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

always interesting to here the predictions of our opponents....but more importantly i hope they travel in numbers not just for the money but for the atmosphere!!!!
Am I reading it wrong or does one EC fan think Chris Baguley will score for us...do you think hes realised we havent signed him!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:27:03 PM by altyf »

Butty

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »

as already mentioned on another post has someone put a post on their forum about the met being off from manchester to alty since they are bringing a large summort by train (apparently) ???

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »

as already mentioned on another post has someone put a post on their forum about the met being off from manchester to alty since they are bringing a large summort by train (apparently) ???

I have put something on their forum about it.  :)

Thames Valley Red

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »

Exeter's support is generally solid and quite good for the first game of the season.

I believe we have travelling groups organised from East Devon (Supporters Bus Official), North Devon (Medium Coach), London Travel Group, Midlands Travel Group and Great Western Grecians travelling (they wear Fez's!). An estimate of between 300-500 is not far off. Our away travel was strong on the build up to the end of last season, we took over 1,000 near the end. We took 30,000 to Wembley from god knows where from!?!

Should be a reasonable noise from the away end. As for winning 'Debun' people are very persimistic......on the quiet we probably need to win!

UTC

TVR

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:23:10 AM »

Sadly,i am working Saturday,but will listen in on Radio Devon.One of my workmates is coming up,he is an Exeter supporter and did offer me a place on one of the Exeter coaches.I dont know how i feel about that,me being sat theere in an Alty shirt surrounded by Exeter Fans,still will not happen.My work mate is also my relief if i had got the time off it would have been him covering my job.
Harold

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Question for Thames Valley Red or other Grecians fans
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »

Will the Norwegian Supporters Branch be travelling?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 11:21:28 AM »

Flynny you have mail from Monday mate.

:-*

Thames Valley Red

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:26 PM »

As its near an airport there will probably be a visitor from Norway...they appear for 5 or so games a season. When we went to Old Trafford apparently 38 travelled across!?!

Reports between 2-4 coaches planned from our end? That was the rumour mill...........

My best guess will be 400 and my worst 700

UTC

TVR

altyf

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

Great...looks like wel have a great atmos. and bumped revenue,
i look forward to starts like this
bumper crowd, because its the first day of the season
bumper crowd because exeter are well supported
bumpercrowd because exeter are towards the top of the table, which may attract the locals

and also because, i would much rather play a team pushing for promotio and try and catch them out early on, rather than play a newly promoted or relegation battling team, when its such a massive day for the town and it may be more scrappy

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »

Exeter's support is generally solid and quite good for the first game of the season.

I believe we have travelling groups organised from East Devon (Supporters Bus Official), North Devon (Medium Coach), London Travel Group, Midlands Travel Group and Great Western Grecians travelling (they wear Fez's!). An estimate of between 300-500 is not far off. Our away travel was strong on the build up to the end of last season, we took over 1,000 near the end. We took 30,000 to Wembley from god knows where from!?!

Should be a reasonable noise from the away end. As for winning 'Debun' people are very persimistic......on the quiet we probably need to win!

UTC

TVR

Are you guys going to make a bit more noise at our place this season?!!! You were a bit like cardboard cutouts last season

altyf

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »

yes but we all know how hard it is to sing in an uncovered area...exeter for example...but at least we make the effort i spose!!!
so yeh, make some noise lads, theres enough of you!

Thames Valley Red

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »

Is this support big enough for you...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GcM81xO4oA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDor-tctxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZ3xXiBzOY

The OUFC 6 min 50 secs my personsal favourite!

UTC

TVR
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Exeter City Fans forum