Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've just registered handofhenry.com ....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I've just registered handofhenry.com ....  (Read 8930 times)

markecky

« on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

That handball will be talked about for years if Ireland don't score..

Dougals Dad

Re: I've just registered handofhenry.com ....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »

They didn't, but at least we can be politically incorrect about the dirty cheating Frogs French
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:57:54 PM by Jennifers Dad »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

cheating french bastard Henry.. I would have crippled him if I had been playing in that game, and made sure he wasnt going to any World Cup

I fkn hate cheats like that in football.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

He should be playing for Mansfield.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 11:28:26 PM »

if thierry henry ever plays at moss lane i for one will be booing him every time he gets the ball.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:44:17 PM »

As an Irish Supporter and former chairman of the South Africa branch of the Republic of Ireland Supporters club, how I feel at the moment is not repeatable.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 12:22:59 AM »

cheating french bastard Henry.. I would have crippled him if I had been playing in that game, and made sure he wasnt going to any World Cup

I presume that you roundly booed Eddie Hussin after his 'Hand Of Eddie' goal against Droylsden at Moss Lane in 2004 then...?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »

All you can hope for is some karma to come back and bite Henry ...he knew it was handball played to the whistle...got away with it.

Just about every football player on the planet has tried pulling the wool over the refs eye's...diving , simulating injury etc etc ...it only really rears its head when its so crucial like this one.

Still it was an appalling decision ..hopefully the ref will have some balls and apologise.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:20:10 AM »

Generally I thought the ref had a good game, except for missing the most important incident that changed the result of the match. Having said that he continually penalised Robbie Keane for backing into a defender when he was clearly being pushed.
The cheating in the game really stinks. This after Platini and Blatter changed the rules after the competition had already started , and seeded the qualifying teams on the eve of the play-off draw to give France and Portugal an unfair advantage - so they have got what they wanted. As usual the spineless rulers of the FAI and the puppets in Dail Eireann wont do anything expect moan to the media.
As for the Irish players - that was probably the bravest and best display I have ever seen from an Irish side (although not as sweet as the famous victories over England and Italy).

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 08:27:25 AM »

Generally I thought the ref had a good game, except for missing the most important incident that changed the result of the match. Having said that he continually penalised Robbie Keane for backing into a defender when he was clearly being pushed.
The cheating in the game really stinks. This after Platini and Blatter changed the rules after the competition had already started , and seeded the qualifying teams on the eve of the play-off draw to give France and Portugal an unfair advantage - so they have got what they wanted. As usual the spineless rulers of the FAI and the puppets in Dail Eireann wont do anything expect moan to the media.
As for the Irish players - that was probably the bravest and best display I have ever seen from an Irish side (although not as sweet as the famous victories over England and Italy).

To be fair there is little the Football Association or the Irish Government could do. I agree it was a disgrace to seed the draw so late in the day though.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 08:58:32 AM »

I presume that you roundly booed Eddie Hussin after his 'Hand Of Eddie' goal against Droylsden at Moss Lane in 2004 then...?!

That's different - poor little Eddie was only being 'creative'  ::)

Incidently I remember Derek Halliwell scoring at a corner against Chester Reserves in the 60's. The goalkeeper caught it but, along with a couple of defenders, was body-checked into the net by 'Tank' for an Alty goal.

I cheered at that one too  ;)

As we are generally toothless at corners, perhaps we could do with a bit of that kind of practised set piece routine nowadays?!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »

I wasnt watching Alty with any regularity in 2004 .. I use to go and watch Shrewsbury in the early years of this decade but could never get them in my heart so I started to come to watch Alty instead... However if I was I wouldnt have  been impressed ... I genuinely cannot stand cheating of any form in sport, be it drugs, diving in football or not putting the correct score down when playing golf with mates etc etc.. Its all a form of cheating

I see enough of players falling down at the slightest touch or trying to get players booked/sent off and it just pisses me off.  Just take Perry for example when we played Mansfield at home, he went down like he had been taken out by a snipers bullet when Chris Senior (all five foot Fook all of him) pushed him in the chest..

fuertes

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »

I wasnt watching Alty with any regularity in 2004 .. I use to go and watch Shrewsbury in the early years of this decade but could never get them in my heart so I started to come to watch Alty instead... However if I was I wouldnt have  been impressed ... I genuinely cannot stand cheating of any form in sport, be it drugs, diving in football or not putting the correct score down when playing golf with mates etc etc.. Its all a form of cheating

I see enough of players falling down at the slightest touch or trying to get players booked/sent off and it just pisses me off.  Just take Perry for example when we played Mansfield at home, he went down like he had been taken out by a snipers bullet when Chris Senior (all five foot Fook all of him) pushed him in the chest..

I agree with all that. I'm glad we don't have many players of that sort at Moss Lane, though Denham's occasional diving is something he needs to cut out.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »

If I had been one of the Irish contingent planning to retire from international football (e.g. Robbie Keane perhaps) I would have waited until the 120 mins were up and then mistimed a tackle on Henry - "If I'm not going to the world cup, then he is not going to the world cup"

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »

It makes the game unpredictable and controversial which is good, if a tiny hand ball was all it took to create a goal then its a shame, maradona anyone, its a natural reaction to handle sometimes and the games so fast as well, alty haven't always been angels have they?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team