PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Given the chance?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Given the chance?  (Read 5573 times)

theflaggers

Given the chance?
« on: May 01, 2007, 10:16:19 AM »

Does anybody think that there is a chance of a great escape what with the Crawley and Boston situations?

Also do we the fans want it , is it that good to be in a league where we are always going to be chasing the pack?

O.K so we wont get our scores as they happen on sky sports next season but at least we can get to most games and hopefully get rid of segragation.

I am still a bit mixed up of what is the best of the 2 worlds. What do others think.

markecky

Re: Given the chance?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:29 AM »

I've heard it on good authority that Crawley have incredibly found someone else who wants to take them over.  Its not done and dusted but clubs like that just always seem to be OK.  They have struggled on pennies all year you know  :o

From a bit of research last night it looks like Bostons Creditors will accept 47p in the pound.  We offered ours 100p...I think thats a betterv deal. This was on a show of hands that was in the room when they discussed it, and there is a company (standing alone Ltd) who may take them over.

For me if we got a reprieve I'd be pleased.  I wouldn't celebrate it as its from nothing we have done but I'd  be delighted.

My view on away fans goes against the grain, I know.  I say leave them on the 20/20 with no roof to make 8 people sound like 80.  It also makes the singers pack the pop side and not dilute onto the 20/20 as well

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:55:25 AM »

Keep it segregated.  Not only does it improve the atmosphere but I'd say its a very professional approach for the club to take, a sort of statement that we're keeping our standards even though we've been relegated.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »

I like the idea of keeping it segregated too as it helps create a better atmosphere on the popular side and, as previously stated, I don't like away fans singing under the roof at the home end.

Darren, how would you/the club feel about this? It wouldn't be difficult to enforce and people can still mix in the bar before kick off. Let us keep the home end for home supporters.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:37:17 AM »

Ace..I was expecting any support with that.

We need to think like a big club.  You wouldn't wander round and stand in the middle of Exete'rs terrace.  Granted we are not Exeter and never will be but if we wantt o progress its how it should be.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »

If we could segregate against Gravesend we can segregate against anybody!

No need to worry about Keith's refreshments either as he's got both ends covered from now on.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »

It's a repost, but it lends further support to the idea of keeping segregation:

I'd rather we kept the segregation in place, it will make us look like big time charlies however we're not in the Conference North to make friends. If you want to swap witty banter and chuckle about a hilarious spelling error that occurred in the oppositions programme thirty four years ago do it in the bar. Southport segregate, away fans moan and that's the end of it.

Away fans are unlikely to be put off travelling simply because the away end is uncovered, equally why should Moss Lane be a nice place to go? The whole concept of home advantage both (that exists on and off the pitch) is that the home fans are afforded certain benefits i.e. a roof, that the opposition are denied. IMO the atmosphere is also improved when segregation is in place as it prevents the home support being diluted by drift towards to Chequers End.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »

If people want to scrap segregation because changing ends is traditional and like the good old days then fine.  I reckon that for good measure the mausoleum is to be landscaped with new turf laid on it and the plastic seats are to be taken out of the main stand to be replaced by wooden ones.  ;)

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

Keep it segregated.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »

I also have no desire to watch the 8 eight Alfreton fans celebrating whilst stood on the Golf Road barriers after there 1-0 win next October.

They can do that on the 20/20 end thanks.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »

I also have no desire to watch the 8 eight Alfreton fans celebrating whilst stood on the Golf Road barriers after there 1-0 win next October.

They can do that on the 20/20 end thanks.

Going back to your earlier point about 8 sounding like 80 in the golf road end, Alfreton have made decent noise in the past at that end despite their small numbers.

Away end in future please!

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 12:31:56 PM »

I agree keep the segregation....apart from for Hucknall...the rest can get wet.

We'd have no choice but to accept a reprieve and while I'd rather watch us play York, Exeter, Halifax, Droylsden, Histon and Farsley celtic, I'm quite looking forward to a year getting ready for a proper assault on the Conference.

So I'd take the reprieve but would always feel a bit guilty and I would at this moment hope there is no reprieve...we would also get the "Alty shouldn't be here" FGR tag.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:43:46 PM by Jezza »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 01:44:36 PM »

I like the idea of keeping it segregated too as it helps create a better atmosphere on the popular side and, as previously stated, I don't like away fans singing under the roof at the home end.

Darren, how would you/the club feel about this? It wouldn't be difficult to enforce and people can still mix in the bar before kick off. Let us keep the home end for home supporters.
My view is keep it segregated as we will have a lot less problems in the last 2 seasons in the conference we have only had 2 ejections and that was in the last two matches in our last season in the conference north we had about 5 ejections because the matches were not segregated and you only need one to start singing stupid songs walking through the main stand.
My only cocern is would you like the bar to operate as it does now with it opening up early, Jenny told me Aldershots fans had spent around £700 in there before a lot of the home fans started to turn up. I can't see the likes of Liegh rmi doing this. I would suggest keep it the same but open it from 1.30 instead of 12.30.
At the end of the day all desicions will be down to the club.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 01:51:07 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »

Like quite a few things though Darren, we keep secrets very well.

What about advertising in the programme, on posters in the bar that it opens at 12:30 (not you personally)

When Hughsey stopped put it "get in the bar threads" every week then all forms of advertising stopped.

T.A

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »

No need to worry about Keith's refreshments either as he's got both ends covered from now on.
great
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Given the chance?