News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 2333 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Todays game
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »

Don't know why but I can't post on the match thread.  Just got back, major thing missing on the pitch was leadership, they (Sollihull) were awful
Bernard Taylors barmy army

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:15:02 PM »

I've just got back too. We should be utterly ashamed by that performance. What a complete waste of every fan's afternoon, faffing all that way to watch that shovel of sh*te.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

Don't know why but I can't post on the match thread.  Just got back, major thing missing on the pitch was leadership, they (Sollihull) were awful

From what I can gather about today's match, maybe the match thread is too embarrassed!

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »

re Robins Reliant post: Pity this couldn't happen to us...

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/09/17/football-match-in-bangor-abandoned-after-eight-balls-kicked-into-the-sea-55578-29437552/

I suspect even at our hoofing best we could not get the balls to reach the sea from Solihull

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »

I've been to two games this season - today and Gloucester.  We are not very good.

Clee is worse in this league than he was in the last - even when he is on the wing.  He had a great chance late on today free run into the box on the left and didn't manage a shot or decent cross.  He takes far too much time to do something useful at the end of his clever skills.

Damien seemed to be 'falling over' a lot today.  Admittedly the ref gave them a free kick every time they touched the grass but we shouldn't mess about with the ball in the box waiting to get felled - just hit the thing!

Sumerskill was truely woeful at Gloucester but was no worse than most today.

Brown is a disaster at left back, he just goes missing far too often.  He dives in on the half way line or on the opposition fullback leaving the winger behind him and completely free.

Fearon (? right back who came on) defended well.  Distribution needs some work but made several strong clearing headers and not afraid to get stuck in.

Man of the match today was their left back - he looked quality.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »

this post tells me just how much sh*t we are in beaten by the team at the bottom of the leauge by 2 goals and they were awful

f**k me
ParkINson's red and white army

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »

I do not post very often but today has prompted me to.
We will not pay a worse team than Solihull all season and yet they were first to every ball today. We were simply woeful!
Whilst we may be suffering with injuries, some of the decisions today were simply baffling. Why replace Twiss with Mulholland? Why play Reeves on the left wing? Why waste our best player Clee in the centre of midfield where he simply does not influence the game?
I am an optimist and believe there is enough time still for us to do something this season but we have to start playing our best players in their correct positions.
And we have to learn to defend - today proved that Jones was not the entire problem!

Bath Alty

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »

I do not post very often but today has prompted me to.
We will not pay a worse team than Solihull all season and yet they were first to every ball today. We were simply woeful!
Whilst we may be suffering with injuries, some of the decisions today were simply baffling. Why replace Twiss with Mulholland? Why play Reeves on the left wing? Why waste our best player Clee in the centre of midfield where he simply does not influence the game?
I am an optimist and believe there is enough time still for us to do something this season but we have to start playing our best players in their correct positions.
And we have to learn to defend - today proved that Jones was not the entire problem!

You weren't at Gloucester! they were worse, by some margin.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »

By all accounts sinnott needs to accept he made formation mistakes not the first time this season either
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »

Awful in every respect.......cannot think of anything positive from the game except the young lad Fearon made his debut and did not get roasted.

As one of the teams with a supposedly competitive budget for this league, our playing squad should be able to at least provide some options to cover injuries.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:52:21 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game