PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hednesford Match  (Read 9475 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hednesford Match
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »

The fact is the squad hasn't got enough depth. We've got a decent team while our first eleven are on the pitch and healthy.
Beyond that we've got guys making up numbers. Perry was just trying to con the ref all the time. Maybe that's what Sinnot asked him to do. I don't know. 

I think the real problem is a financial one. Where's the money going to come from to expand the squad.

If we do go up we'll definitely need a bigger squad to stay up.   

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

The fact is the squad hasn't got enough depth. We've got a decent team while our first eleven are on the pitch and healthy.
Beyond that we've got guys making up numbers. Perry was just trying to con the ref all the time. Maybe that's what Sinnot asked him to do. I don't know. 

I think the real problem is a financial one. Where's the money going to come from to expand the squad.

If we do go up we'll definitely need a bigger squad to stay up.   

Financial problem ? Where's the duncan and fa cup money gone then ? I am guessing we have one of the best playing budgets in this league

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »

Due to recent events which I won't go into its money we have but we may lose as for smickle and perry it's never a good idea to sign hasbeens

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »

We do need to strengthen the squad in the areas people have mentioned, you just can't deny that.

However, I think there is a major misconception by some people of how much money we've actually got. Does anyone actually know how much money we got for Duncan Watmore upfront? All I read/heard was wild speculation at best. This club hasn't been taken over by arab billionaires. We had a moderate cup run last season and sold a young player for an unknown fee with (presumably) good add-ons to come as his career progresses. We also don't have the income from Manchester United reserves anymore, so we have lost money as well as gaining it.

I'm sure there is some money available to strengthen the squad, but the way some people talk you'd think we were sitting on an extra £10k a week that's just waiting to be spent on class players.  

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:54:27 AM by Paul Cain's Chip Pan »
Come on Alty!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 11:24:01 AM »

It sums up the officials when the linesman on the dugout side forgot his boots and had to borrow someone else's.
They really should be beating teams like us

markecky

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

I'll just top the weekend off nicely if someone starts on the board who I'm pretty sure will be as annoyed as most of us at yesterdays outcome.

The money we have got in from the cup/Duncan last year will be factored into budgets for this year, probably next year as well.  

Whilst crowds were up last year, income was down and losing United puts a minimum of a 20k hole in things I'd say.

The playing budget is good ( and the manager has confirmed this ) but we have to push the budget to cover for the loss of Williams and try not to spend anymore of it on Perry and Smikle.

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »

We do need to strengthen the squad in the areas people have mentioned, you just can't dent that.

However, I think there is a major misconception by some people of how much money we've actually got. Does anyone actually know how much money we got for Duncan Watmore upfront? All I read/heard was wild speculation at best. This club hasn't been taken over by arab billionaires. We had a moderate cup run last season and sold a young player for an unknown fee with (presumably) good add-ons to come as his career progresses. We also don't have the income from Manchester United reserves anymore, so we have lost money as well as gaining it.

I'm sure there is some money available to strengthen the squad, but the way some people talk you'd think we were sitting on an extra £10k a week that's just waiting to be spent on class players. 

You have a point but if we didn't get atleast 100k upfront for dunc that is serious bad business

joe

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »

I'm sure there are young,hungry wingers and strikers at North West Counties level that would add more to our squad than Smikle and Perry. In fact I'll stick my neck out and say there are probably better options playing top level Sunday football that would jump at the chance to be given a chance at our level.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »

As Boss Hogg says, you can get back up players for not much from the lower leagues, and there are some decent ones about. Watched the game with a very good current NW Counties player yesterday, he would be happy to play for free.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »

With both united and city winning it was a pity that Alty could not have made it all 3 of the best teams in the North west won.
Harold

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »

are they both on contract ? If not its a no brainier get rid or maybe were to stuck with them all season

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »

Due to recent events which I won't go into its money we have but we may lose as for smickle and perry it's never a good idea to sign hasbeens

I guess it's the ex board member who, just when we get the money from Dunc, decides he wants some of it!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

Two part post.

Firstly well done to the majority of the lads who gave there all after the red card and had them on the backfoot for long periods.  They worked their socks off.

I don't think Reeves or Clee were injured, therefore that was two of the worst substitutions for many a year and meant that with 8 men we simply didn't have a chance.

We could have got something out of that and handicapped ourselves.

Perry and Smikle are stealing a living off us and should be released if not on any form of contract or made available for loan or signing tonight.

Nails firmly hit on the head.

Those charlatans Perry (the Taliban Twiss) and Smikle should have been jettisoned immediately after the debacle at Trafford.

If Sinnott insists on operating on such a small squad then we simply cannot afford to carry abject passengers such as those.

The manager can complain about an (admittedly) incompetent referee and the absence of an assessor at yesterday's game all the way back to his distant abode in Hull.

Those are factors beyond his influence.

However, what he can control is not weakening his team by perplexing substitutions involving bringing on two characters who are an utter embarrassment to the club.   

The league is open and there to be won this season.

For God's sake, man, get it sorted.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »

In a situation where we realistically had nothing to lose - a goal and a man down to the league leaders - I for one would have preferred to see what two of the youngsters could do, rather than to have confirmed to me what I already believed two older players can't do. It is about time the boy Gilroy in particular was given a chance. He's been on the bench half a dozen times and not yet got even five minutes at the end of a game. I don't often criticise the management, but this is one occasion on which I firmly believe they got it wrong. Neither Perry nor Smikle is up to the required standard - far better to give youth a fling, say I.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match