PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst 45 of the season followed by the best
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Worst 45 of the season followed by the best  (Read 8223 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »

We are better than all the sh*te in this league, be confident, be bullish, pass the ball and attack. Well done to lee for the changes he made, called it spot on. After 45 mins of sulking we turned it on, come on lads, we can win this league, believe in yourselves.

markecky

Re: Worst 45 of the season followed by the best
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »

No analysis needed really. 

First 45 minutes was played in water, no zip and nothing coming off with a gift wrapped goal just to lift their confidence.  It was also played with 10 men. 

Sorry Brian, thanks for trying mate but something is wrong, the man is frightened of the byline.  That's got to be goodbye.

Second half, changes made and they were put to the sword.

Showed the grit and character we wanted.

2 weeks now to get heads right and on the game for Brackley.

Job eventually done in one of the oddest games for a while.  Lets hope we build from here.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 05:31:30 PM »

Guiseley came out second half thinking they'd already won it. All tbhe good things they did first half , like closing Alty down and giving no time or space , they just stopped doing. It's no good Altrincham just being able to tap the ball in the net when the opposition don't turn up, they've got to work out a way to deal with teams that don't let them play.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »

Ears on for most of the game and at half time I was very worried.  At that stage it was three consecutive halves of footy where we'd struggled badly.  Those at the game are better placed to comment but I'm much relieved that we picked up the quality, showed desire and the back of the net.  How many genies shots did we have on goal second half?  Compare that to the Trafford nonsense, and even though it's just 45 improved minutes it is something positive and constructive to build on for Brackley. Alty - look at what you can do when you play to your potential.  Well done Alty for sorting yourselves out at the break.  COME ON ALTY.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

On the one hand congratulations to lee who made the only change I could see working giving the personnel available which was to change to 3 at the back....this gave us the extra man to start closing them down and control the midfield......and we exposed their very dodgy defence with football instead of hoofball.

agree about smikle I've seen enough

On the other hand why the f*** didn't he do this last Saturday?????

The boy reevsey scores when he plays!

Shimpa

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 05:44:44 PM »

I couldn't see us scoring in the first half but the subs were perfect :) I don't know why Lawrie keeps getting left on the bench either. In my opinion he's a much better option than Smikle and adds some pace to the squad.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 06:07:01 PM »

Well  done to ls for the changes at half time, cant recall such contrasting halves ,agree about smikle , would also like to see a couple of new faces in pre brackley to freshen things up a bit,defender and right midfielder .

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »

I couldn't get to the game today, but i'm so pleased for James Walshaw. Up until now he has missed far more than he has scored, but apparently a fabulous performance from him today. I have a feeling that both Simon (my dad's motm) and he are going to be important from now on. It'd be great if Lee could unearth a gem of a right winger before Brackley...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »

I couldn't get to the game today, but i'm so pleased for James Walshaw. Up until now he has missed far more than he has scored, but apparently a fabulous performance from him today. I have a feeling that both Simon (my dad's motm) and he are going to be important from now on. It'd be great if Lee could unearth a gem of a right winger before Brackley...

agreed ,could also do with mike williams back but that's a while  off i think

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »

Smikle = Gash

Even scoring 4 in the second half i still dont think we played good football like we did last season. The support from the midfield just looks so slow to arrive if it arrives at all. That maybe LS trying to stop the goals at our end by not being as adventerous though.

Got out of jail for me today, but also cant complain at 4-1.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »

Must have put something in half of time cuppa , wonder who this loanee is that's mentioned in programme .

markecky

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

I think comparisons to last season are skewed as we had such a stand out player in Watmore who could win the game on his own.

In Smikle we signed an experienced player from the league above who had the potential to half fill his shoes (that's as close as we will ever get in my opinion)

On grass he looks like he has never played the game. I don't like singling out a player but he has been consistently poor (despite a flash of improvement against Gloucester).

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »

I would have taken Walshaw off at half time. His touch in the first half was terrible. Gave the ball away so many times and was prepared to compete for the high balls. I felt like he was playing for his place in the team and making a mess of it. Second half was a different story

I don't know how you can judge Smikle. So many times the rest of the team refused to pass to him even though he was unmarked. The guy had the only shot on target in the first half.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

I think comparisons to last season are skewed as we had such a stand out player in Watmore who could win the game on his own.

In Smikle we signed an experienced player from the league above who had the potential to half fill his shoes (that's as close as we will ever get in my opinion)

On grass he looks like he has never played the game. I don't like singling out a player but he has been consistently poor (despite a flash of improvement against Gloucester).

Yet its not like Altrincham won every game Duncan Watmore played in.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »

Lawrie in place of Smikle from now on, surely.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team