https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Arsed
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Arsed  (Read 9140 times)

bumble

Arsed
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »

My 'I wont be posting on the forum until Ive calmed down and got a sensible head on' has failed miserably.

We didn’t loose today because of the personal, we lost because how the personal performed - spending money wouldn’t have guaranteed a result, but it is seriously time to invest some funds in bringing in a new RW if you aren’t going to start James Lawrie as we need richman in the middle

I agree about Smikle – we cant carry players – cant we loan him to a side let him have a run or he could be the new brooke

Before the game Id seen 3 VHS quality videos of Ferriby and learnt 3 major things. 1. Their keeper is unreliable and shaky 2. They’ll win the Arial and 2nd ball battle 3. They’ll press high and chase everything. So what did we do, hoof it up to Perry and hope it sticks. Not on for a side with players like Clee Richman Doughty Densmore Reeves who can get it and comfortable moving play forward.

As for Perry - Yes he can hold it up, but he’s far better with the ball into feet to hold on to it. WHY WHY WHY do we lump it forward, I didn’t see him win 1 header first half.

As for the game. Two poor sides. One scored 2/4 clear chances, one scored 1/3 chances. Guess who won.

As for the game we started okay, 30 minutes passed and wed have one or two chances and hit the bar, and so had they  - had 1 of ours gone in the game could have gone totally a different way. Then we came out looked brighter and they scored (Never ever ever does this happen) with their first real attack. Reeves goes on to miss a excellent 1-on-1 and the game looks beyond us.

Sinnott rolls the dice and brings on 2 of our most creative players and low and behold we start to play a bit. A clear cut penalty was immediately turned down by a poor ref (Awful officials, made Vauxhall ones look like FIFA executive refs) . We kept plugging away and a great header from LUCA back across was tapped in by walshaw against a flapping keeper. They were then under the cosh to hold on

A Ferriby fan described the game as "crap 1st half, both teams kick & rush. We took our chances, withstood last 20 of pressure" and this sums it up - It felt like Chester all over again. A draw would have been fair, but we were a long way away from taking all 3 points

It may sound like Im trying to put a positive spin on it, but to be truthful we were off our usual passing game, and have been all season. Last years March/April side would have probably won that today, and also would be sat 5 points clear at the top. Its disappointing but I hope with potential re-enforcement we can get back to our passing game

Oh and poor refs don’t help. Perry may be a cheat and a dive but stamping and kicking out should be spotted by at least 1 official. I fully expect a certain memebers of the forum to tell me he must clearly see it or subsection a part 2.v ii says the ref is always right or something

Anyway. Bring on Gloucester.

Jimmy

Re: Arsed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »

What a waste of time they won the game because they have the best player in the league and we don't
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:47:02 PM by Jimmy »

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »

You have saved me an awful lot of typing.

First game I have got to this season and yeah...hmmmmm. t'rific.

The ref being shocking  isn't a reason for us to be pants.

Their number five had a superb game, that is if his manager told him to control the ref.  It still comes back to "We lost cos we were pants".

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »

People slate Perry and say he is terrible, but it is not his fault the balls keep being lumped up to him. Nor is it Sinnotts fault, as we have seen since he came here that he wants to play attractive football. The fault lies with players who keep making poor decisions and lumping it.

Can't really add much else to what Jolly has said. I think some people though have been waiting for the 1st defeat. Pick ourselves up for Tuesday and start another unbeaten run.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »

When I came on here I thought we had lost 4 - 0

Come on. Get a grip. Normal service on Tuesday.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »

People slate Perry and say he is terrible, but it is not his fault the balls keep being lumped up to him. Nor is it Sinnotts fault, as we have seen since he came here that he wants to play attractive football. The fault lies with players who keep making poor decisions and lumping it.

Can't really add much else to what Jolly has said. I think some people though have been waiting for the 1st defeat. Pick ourselves up for Tuesday and start another unbeaten run.

i agree. the question is why  ?
Full time and proud of it

joe

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »

I think the point everyone is making is we haven't been good all season and have been scraping results.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »

The problem with perry today today he spent the whole game talking at the ref and did very little else

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »

You have saved me an awful lot of typing.

First game I have got to this season and yeah...hmmmmm. t'rific.

The ref being shocking  isn't a reason for us to be pants.

Their number five had a superb game, that is if his manager told him to control the ref.  It still comes back to "We lost cos we were pants".

Can't disagree with one word of Jack's post. Or with this one.

We'd have probably lost anyway, but it doesn't alter the fact that the referee was a crock of sh*t, and the assistant with the yellow flag was apparently on day release from a mental hospital.

In the second half, there were five substitutions, a goal, two stoppages for treatment, and timewasting at a quite extraordinary level. THREE ADDED MINUTES ???? BOLLOCKS !!!!! Who was the fourth official ? The barmaid from their social club ?

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »

On jacks worlds longest post it said a draw would've been fair well that's incorrect

decman7

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »

Nonsense, we were poor granted, but they didn't set the world on fire. We lost today because we didn't play well  and they put away there chances, we didn't.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:44 PM »

They didn't set the world on fire but lets not be daft the better team won

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »

In the games I have seen perry play I have thought he looked useful
ParkINson's red and white army

JDN

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 11:38:22 PM »

normal service?

We been sh*t all season

JDN

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »

On jacks worlds longest post it said a draw would've been fair well that's incorrect
;D enjoy the read?

How many times does he contradict himself as well?

My fav is

"We didn't lose today because of the personnel"

but then he says

"Sinnot rolls the dice and brings on 2 of our most creative players and low and behold we start to play a bit"
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Arsed