PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread v Kettering
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Match thread v Kettering  (Read 32181 times)

VofD

Re: Match thread v Kettering
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »

Darren

I think I can try to clarify for you.

From 1st minute to last the Kettering Keeper took every goalkick from the left side of his area. This sometimes meant him carrying the ball across from right to left and time would have been added for that.

When we went 3-2 up Doots started taking goal kicks from the opposite side to that which the ball had gone out on thereby, in the opinion of the Ref delaying the restart.

This may seem a bit bizarre to some of you and I can, to an extent agree with you but I can also see the Referee's perspective

FFS Phil :GET OVER YOURSELF. You are a Mickey Mouse referee ffs.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2011, 12:07:36 AM »

Jock,

I have never pretended to be anything other but thanks for reminding me.

I can't win on here can I? I am accused by many of being a one eyed apologist for match officials and then when I actually post something saying that I was honestly disappointed with a Referee of this level's performance I get this sort of response

Ho Hum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2011, 12:37:33 AM »

In fairness to ATS he may be a referee of a lesser level than the likes of the  fkn clown we had today (and most of the dross we get officiating  on a regular basis in the BSP)..
I actually asked the lino today where he dug this joker up from and he just shrugged his shoulders..

But.. to be fair to Phil he does understand the laws of the game ... He comes round to the pop side each game after half time for a chat and does explain (to those of us who are interested) his interpretation of decisions made by the ref....

I do liken refs to teachers.. in so much as they give me personally, the impression they are never wrong.
this however is a topic for another day.. (No complaints from any teachers reading this please Ballers) ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:39:45 AM by distancetraveller »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2011, 05:10:05 AM »

ATS, thanks for adding some clarification, but I don't think it explains why the Kettering keeper, when ready to take a goal kick was stood on the 6 yard line to the side of the ball gawping up the pitch absolutely motionless for several seconds at a time - and this was with about 20 mins to go.

Anyway, minor quibbles, we won and deservedly so. 8)

A Goalkick can be taken from anywhere within the Goal area (6 yard box). It is a historic rule that it had to be taken from the side where it went out of play. Referees cannot add on time while waiting for a Goal kick to be taken. Time can only be added on for injuries, substitutions and deliberate time wasting. It is the Referees discretion if he believes any player is deliberately wasting time with restarting play, in which case a yellow card is appropriate.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »

Absolutely correct

However the Referee is the sole arbiter of time and if he or she choses to add time for such an event rather than class it as time wasting and take disciplinary action then that is his or her decision.

I know of a number of officials who do this partly because there is a chance of the time wasting backfiring on them if time is added (equalising or winning goal for example) whereas once you have taken disciplinary action that is that.

Had Mr Guerret not buggered about would we necessarily have had an extra four minutes yesterday - only Mr Stockbridge knows that

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »

Sounds like it was possibly the third most enjoyable 3-2 win over Kettering we've ever had.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread v Kettering