PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 20919 times)

JDN

Re: Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

Hear what you're saying but I still believe that the main reason we didn't win yesterday was poor defending down the left and simple bad luck.  I've been to Alty away games where we have created little and not looked like we would score even against ten men.  

After going 2 - 1 down we keep on moving forward  and it was posts, bars, a wonderful save from the keeper and rogers thunderbolt hitting a defender in the face that meant we didn't turn one point into three.  I wouldn't call these excuses, on another day (Gainsborough?) they are goals.

Don't remember Stuart having a save to make and the centre halves dealt with most things well.

Whether you like the manager or you don't, I'm not sure that he could have done much differently yesterday.

And with Duncan Watmore we would have won in my opinion.

We wanted three points but we got one. Disappointing yes but 4 away points in a week is no disaster.

We need to keep the run going against BPA now.

Ecky,

However, you could argue that what he should have done differently during the close season is to have signed a better left full back though.

Mind you, filling that particular position, above all, seems to have been a recurring problem since our promotion in 2005.

With the exception of Matt Doughty's first spell with the club and the odd loanee such as James Jennings, quality left full backs at Moss Lane have been scarce in recent times.

ultimate responsibility lies with the manager

He signs the players

He picks the tactics

He picks the players

JDN

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »

Generally speaking I agree, but Matt Doughty is okay. He made one or two good interceptions and going forward he showed he's still a decent crosser. And he drove into the area and had a good shot at the near post second half.

I suppose what I'm saying is that he's not ideal, but he's passable. He's a midtable standard BSN full-back. So let's just accept that's what we've got and get on with it. And give him plenty of support from the stands.
I do not accept midtable standard BSN

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

Generally speaking I agree, but Matt Doughty is okay. He made one or two good interceptions and going forward he showed he's still a decent crosser. And he drove into the area and had a good shot at the near post second half.

I suppose what I'm saying is that he's not ideal, but he's passable. He's a midtable standard BSN full-back. So let's just accept that's what we've got and get on with it. And give him plenty of support from the stands.

Your a sheep shagger taking the piss, jog on son
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:15:35 PM by Knutsford Alty »

joe

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

No he's not! I also don't accept mid table BSN.

Jimmy

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »

Agree with boss Hogg any luck catching the duke boys mate

markecky

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

I do not accept mid table BSN

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »

If 600 of us put £20 in a bucket, will that get us Piergianni back? :)

fuertes

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »

Nor do I. Nor, I suspect, does anyone else on this forum. You say some very strange stuff indeed.

Jenga

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »

left back from Stockport possibly? - youth team player, goes by the name of Brownhill, and not Liam (he is at Bangor). Rising future star.

BUZZ

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »

JUST WANT TO SAYTHANKS GUYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. I GIVE 100 PER CENT EVERYTIME I STEP ON THAT PITCH. I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO GET BACK TO WHERE I AM NOW AFTER THE INJURIES I HAVE HAD. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION LIKE ANYONE,I KNOW ITS THE MINORITY CAUSE THE MAJORITY HAVE WELCOMED ME BACK AND ITS GREAT TO BE BACK. WE WANT THE SAME THING SUCCESS SO SUPPORT THE TEAM AND ENCOURAGE.I HAVE STARTED 5 GAMES WON 3 DREW 1 AND LOST 1,I DONT THINK THATS TO BAD

joe

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »

left back from Stockport possibly? - youth team player, goes by the name of Brownhill, and not Liam (he is at Bangor). Rising future star.

Its my mates son Kyle. Quality young left back.

markecky

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »

JUST WANT TO SAYTHANKS GUYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. I GIVE 100 PER CENT EVERYTIME I STEP ON THAT PITCH. I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO GET BACK TO WHERE I AM NOW AFTER THE INJURIES I HAVE HAD. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION LIKE ANYONE,I KNOW ITS THE MINORITY CAUSE THE MAJORITY HAVE WELCOMED ME BACK AND ITS GREAT TO BE BACK. WE WANT THE SAME THING SUCCESS SO SUPPORT THE TEAM AND ENCOURAGE.I HAVE STARTED 5 GAMES WON 3 DREW 1 AND LOST 1,I DONT THINK THATS TO BAD

Seeing as though this seems to be being ignored, I'll stick my head above the parapit.

For me when you play football at any sort of level where people watch then people will form opinions.  These will be expressed on forums/facebooks etc.  As a player they may infuriate you but I think it's part of being a paid professional to rise above anything you feel is unfair.  I'm pretty sure many players/managers are outraged across the country by comments made but providing they are not inflammatory or personal attacks you have to be bold enough to dismiss them as "people who have never kicked a ball at any level telling you how to do your job" to your mates/family or team mates.

It's not professional to get into dialogue with fans on here in my opinion.  Others may disagree.

For the record I think you are a 100% committed Alty player, I wanted you back and I hope you go on to suceed.  However I reserve the right to give my opinion on what I see.

joe

« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:38 PM »

Have to agree with Ecky on this one. I too think Matt Doughty always give 100% but this is a fans forum for fans ti air their views. Members of the playing squad will no doubt read tbh fans forum alot to see what fans think of them but they should refrain from posting as it could cause all sorts of friction.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »

It's not professional to get into dialogue with fans on here in my opinion.  Others may disagree.

Couldnt agree with you more Ecky.  The advance of technology, in particular Twitter, has led to many footballers getting themselves into bother.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »

I think people were probably unsure as to whether that was really Matty. Anyhow, I'm all for it, maybe Lee could be persuaded to follow his example!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD