PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 20919 times)

JDN

Re: Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

So I know I have not been there week in week out watching Alty, but JDNs rant is bollocks I am afraid to say.  We played well, and at the end of the day were unlucky.  The football was good - better concentration would have seen 3 points.

And if you think today's performance was sh*t, where were you when we scraped into 13th place in the Unibond?
We played well? Your having a laugh! Another 2 goals conceded, well done lads

Can't be average team with ten men, well done lads

Same sh*t different season

I am fed up travel all over the country to watch such sh*t, maybe you should watch a few more games before posting such rubbish

markecky

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

What did "Sinnott" do wrong today?
total lack of ability to manage at this level

Can not organise a team for toffee

Name one thing he had done right, since his sh*t head arrived at the club

We are two points off the playoffs.  If we can BPA we will be in strong position.

The team is improved on last season and playing some great football in my opinion. I remain unconvinced by doughty but leather hall and haven are major improvements. Jake moult is running the midfield and reeves is on fire. Lawrie getting more consistent. Watmore exciting everyone.

We had three minutes of madness in the second half and after it we continued to attach well and were denied by bad luck.

It's not exclusive to Alty that they struggle against ten men away from home. I thought Oxford were better with ten.

Beaver

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

Don't often get to comment so will take chance to give my thoughts.

1st half we played well and bossed the middle well with Rodgers and Moult dispatching the ball very well. We deserved to be ahead and they panicked whenever Reeves had the ball which gifted the penalty. Lawrie, Reeves and Clee look good together.

How we can have a goal chalked off when it was an own goal is beyond me.

2nd half was typical, we started well, pressed them, got caught on the counter far too easily then Basham curled in a belter. All of a sudden we're losing. FFS!

After that we did well, and tore them apart at will. Reeves did well holding the ball up and took his penalties well, first one in top corner was a peach. However, and this is practically a famous quote, aside from the two goals his finishing was a bit off the mark. On another day we would have scored tonnes.

I thought Leather did well at right back. Moult was very good and Lawrie did well. Rodgers impressed me too.

The only real complaints I'd have are that too often they won the 2nd ball even with 10 men. And we got pulled apart for the first goal, not tight enough across the back four. Also, the ref was woeful today and payed into their hands. He allowed them to waste time and we also didn't  do well keeping the tempo up. The time keeping was suspect, I was expecting at least 2 more minutes.

Hey ho, not bad all in all.

JDN

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »

Don't often get to comment so will take chance to give my thoughts.

1st half we played well and bossed the middle well with Rodgers and Moult dispatching the ball very well. We deserved to be ahead and they panicked whenever Reeves had the ball which gifted the penalty. Lawrie, Reeves and Clee look good together.

How we can have a goal chalked off when it was an own goal is beyond me.

2nd half was typical, we started well, pressed them, got caught on the counter far too easily then Basham curled in a belter. All of a sudden we're losing. FFS!

After that we did well, and tore them apart at will. Reeves did well holding the ball up and took his penalties well, first one in top corner was a peach. However, and this is practically a famous quote, aside from the two goals his finishing was a bit off the mark. On another day we would have scored tonnes.

I thought Leather did well at right back. Moult was very good and Lawrie did well. Rodgers impressed me too.

The only real complaints I'd have are that too often they won the 2nd ball even with 10 men. And we got pulled apart for the first goal, not tight enough across the back four. Also, the ref was woeful today and payed into their hands. He allowed them to waste time and we also didn't  do well keeping the tempo up. The time keeping was suspect, I was expecting at least 2 more minutes.

Hey ho, not bad all in all.
glad your happy, but for some its not good enough

We tore them apart at will? We couldn't even score from open play!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »

We'll play worse than that and win, but much as I love Buzz we have to find another solution at left back.

Beaver

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »

Don't think you went to the same game JDN.

I don't get to many games so I was happy actually. Got to chat to a mate, watch Alty play some good football, score a couple an overall be the better side.

I'm not daft. I've had plenty to say about LS. But what was he supposed to do today? We hit the post twice, the bar, Reeves missed a sitter, four whistled past the post and the own goal that they somehow got away with. Oh yeah, the wonder save, the one that hit the keeper in the head and the one that deflected off the defender for a corner.

Stop f**king going if you think that's bad. My last game was stalybridge at home last season. That was the worst I've seen us since Mossley in the cup, miserable. You must have been suicidal after that.

If you want to be as pedantic as today's ref you might question why we didn't put fresh legs on earlier but it wasn't like we weren't creating!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »

JDN are you Gary Lowe?
Full time and proud of it

JDN

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »

I don't get to many games so I was happy actually. Got to chat to a mate, watch Alty play some good football, score a couple an overall be the better side.

I'm not daft. I've had plenty to say about LS. But what was he supposed to do today? We hit the post twice, the bar, Reeves missed a sitter, four whistled past the post and the own goal that they somehow got away with. Oh yeah, the wonder save, the one that hit the keeper in the head and the one that deflected off the defender for a corner.

Stop f**king going if you think that's bad. My last game was stalybridge at home last season. That was the worst I've seen us since Mossley in the cup, miserable. You must have been suicidal after that.

If you want to be as pedantic as today's ref you might question why we didn't put fresh legs on earlier but it wasn't like we weren't creating!

your on drugs if you think today was better than stalybridge at home last season

Also on drugs if you think Stalybridge at home last season was our worst performance for ten years, how would you know anyway?

Your credibility is nil

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »

your on drugs if you think today was better than stalybridge at home last season

Also on drugs if you think Stalybridge at home last season was our worst performance for ten years, how would you know anyway?

Your credibility is nil
nice claiming nil credibilty of others whilst calling them crack heads nice
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:30:18 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

forever red

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 08:30:58 PM »

we played will for 80 mins of the game. first 10 mins of 2nd half was bizarre. thought we dominated the first half and when we went 2-1 down woke up again and started playing again! had the chance to win but the city goal keeper made some freak saves! still a wasted opportunity though. however 4 points from our last 2 away games is good going! played well today in my opinion. bollocks to people saying we were sh*t

Beaver

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »

Your credibility is nil

Apologies, I meant Hyde at home. My mistake.

What are you getting personal for JDN? Do you know who I am? I certainly don't know you, I think you should wind it in a bit. I said worst I've seen us play, not our worst performance, read the f**king post properly before you type things like that.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »

Well said.any news on Nickys injury?

sweetfa

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »

Just back from Oxford. Thought performance was good and on another day we would have scored four or five. Richman and Leather did well on the right, both Oxford goals coming from the Alty left. Eliminate the lack of concentration at the back and our attack will scare most teams.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »

He turned his ankle so i assume there will be ligament damage
Full time and proud of it

brian1925

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »

Agree with others that we played very well today and I'm still wondering how we  didn't win having bosses the game throughout. I hate to say it, but we do urgently need a left back, as poor Matt was all at sea unfortunately. The difference in our fortunes has been Jake Moult - absolutely brilliant addition to the team.,2 points lost, but as others have said, things are better now and we are close.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Oxford v Alty MATCHDAY THREAD