News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA lunacy over Darlington...

Author Topic: FA lunacy over Darlington...  (Read 1565 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »

I'm staggered that a club that's done all it can to survive, finish the BSP season and made strides to try and repay what it owes,has been placed at step five (northern league) yet a club the goes bust, pays nothing back, changes a few letters on its name can start again 2 leagues below where they were with a clean slate.Not the right message really, if they'd gone bust at christmas, they'd be starting next season in the evostick premier with no debt...

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA lunacy over Darlington...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »

And just to make matters worse, the High Court has today thrown out the HMRC attempt to abolish the football creditors rule i.e where football creditors get a decent wedge back of their losses, when a club becomes insolvent, but everyone else gets sod all because there's nowt left. The HMRC said the rule was unlawful.

An MP is therefore proposing to make a more direct attempt to resolve this issue so it is fair to all creditors by changing the law itself
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »

They knew that they had to get the football share off the previous club and didn't hence there was no option.

Sympathy to the fans and I take the point about them having tried but they are in fact a new Club and therefore have to start where they are going to

JDN

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

They knew that they had to get the football share off the previous club and didn't hence there was no option.

Sympathy to the fans and I take the point about them having tried but they are in fact a new Club and therefore have to start where they are going to

I disagree, AFC Telford, FC Halifax, and Chester FC were all new clubs but were allowed to start in the Unibond/Evostick

Give Darlo a break

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »

Has the ground situation got anything to do with this?

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »

Step 7

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »

I disagree, AFC Telford, FC Halifax, and Chester FC were all new clubs but were allowed to start in the Unibond/Evostick

Give Darlo a break

But they had acquired the Football Share, an achievement Darlington singularly failed to emulate
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team