News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woking looking to 'do an Altrincham'

Author Topic: Woking looking to 'do an Altrincham'  (Read 2769 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/s/2052381_football_cards_spy_an_agm_loophole

Could Woking spring a late surprise and compete against the likes of Altrincham again next season??

markecky

Re: Woking looking to 'do an Altrincham'
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:34:31 PM »

Difference is that we never suggested we could stay up or put any pressure on anyone.

For me, that is bad form from Woking

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »

Difference is that we never suggested we could stay up or put any pressure on anyone.

For me, that is bad form from Woking

Agree with you Mark.. OK we managed to stay up for 3 of the last 4 seasons due to other clubs financial shortfalls but as you say we didnt lobby to get other clubs kicked out of the league..

I hear that Chester have now got new financial backers so lets hope that sense prevails and if they can prove they can fulfill their fixtures for the coming season let them take their chance in BSP even with their 10 point deduction.

the topic of Administration seems to be the hot topic in the close season this year, especially from the lower league clubs...  The phrase "Chickens coming home to Roost" springs to mind..

It just goes to prove that Alty's financial prudence over the last few years was such a sensible option..

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:46:04 PM »

Yes, it's all a bit "Colin Peake" in my opinion.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »

Yes, it's all a bit "Colin Peake" in my opinion.

Just beat me to it!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

If opportunity knocks........then you grasp it with both hands and thank your lucky stars (enough cliches there for now).............but as a club you do not canvas for it. I saw this and thought it was out of order, especially when the words legal and action were also mentioned in the article
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

Say what you like, the reality is is that the fans are the most affected. Last game of the Robinsongate season was away there, a great example of fans getting behind each other as fans. Great lads that day, wish them all the best in the lottery of the BSP AGM.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

joe

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

Say what you like, the reality is is that the fans are the most affected. Last game of the Robinsongate season was away there, a great example of fans getting behind each other as fans. Great lads that day, wish them all the best in the lottery of the BSP AGM.

Shame they weren't as great at the beginning of this season with their "f**k off Alty,who's going to save you this year" shouts!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »

Nor was it particularly impressive that they issued a statement on their official website blaming Alty fans for causing trouble during that game.

I don't wish any ill feeling towards their fans, but to actively seek a reprieve in this way just isn't right for me.

We have been reprieved three times but not once did we ask/campaign for it to happen.
Come on Alty!

Aussie Bob

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 02:37:04 AM »

i suppose historically they would feel they would have a decent chance of a reprieve considering the last few years ...maybe best not to comment on it mind you.
It wouldnt suprise me if they did survive, normally the conference throws the book at one club each year ..yet more fun and games at the AGM.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:45:05 AM by Aussie Bob »

Longman

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »

Shame they weren't as great at the beginning of this season with their "f**k off Alty,who's going to save you this year" shouts!

You beat me to it!  How silly they look now, looking to be saved themselves by default.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team