Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??  (Read 4951 times)

mossleysmiffy

« on: May 16, 2017, 07:23:25 PM »

Hi all

Trying to fill some gaps in my stats and wondered if anyone out there could assist with answering a few queries ...

- What was the venue for the 1974/75 Cheshire Senior Cup Final against Runcorn (I'm guessing Crewe but confirmation would be nice  :))

- North West Floodlit League - 1968/69 - Alty won - but who did they beat in the Final - and was it two-legged ?
                                                  1972/73 - Alty won - but who did they beat in the Final - and was it two-legged ?
                                                   1974/75 - got Alty as beating Macc 2-0 - and I believe this season it was only one game ??

- FA Cup - anyone know the attendance of the 71/72 1st Round game away at Rossendale United ?

- NPL Manager of the Month awards - I'm missing Dec1976, Jan 1977, Feb 1977 and Apr 1977 - did Tony Sanders win any of these ? (I know he won Dec 1977 and Dec 1978)

Grateful thanks if anyone could help.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »

What was the venue for the 1974/75 Cheshire Senior Cup Final against Runcorn (I'm guessing Crewe but confirmation would be nice  Smiley)

Gresty Road, Crewe.

North West Floodlit League:

1968/69 - Alty won - but who did they beat in the Final - and was it two-legged ?

Macclesfield Town.....and yes.

1972/73 - Alty won - but who did they beat in the Final - and was it two-legged ?

Buxton.....and yes.

1974/75 - got Alty as beating Macc 2-0 - and I believe this season it was only one game ??

Yes, that's the correct scoreline.....and the final was a one-off game.

- FA Cup - anyone know the attendance of the 71/72 1st Round game away at Rossendale United ?

Fellow Alty supporter Mike Garnett's statistics for that season record the attendance figure as being 1,767.

- NPL Manager of the Month awards - I'm missing Dec1976, Jan 1977, Feb 1977 and Apr 1977 - did Tony Sanders win any of these ? (I know he won Dec 1977 and Dec 1978)

Apologies...but I may well be struggling to help you with that query!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:55:47 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

mossleysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »

Many thanks for that  - not being greedy ... but could you tell me the scores from the two-legged Floodlit League Finals as well ?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:06:29 PM »

68-69

Alty 0 Macc 0

Macc 0 Alty 2

72-73

Alty 5 Buxton 2

Buxton 2 Alty 1

Joey Pritchard made his debut for Alty in the first leg - probably the first person to make his debut for the club in May (May 10th)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:57:23 PM »

72-73

Alty 5 Buxton 2

Buxton 2 Alty 1

Joey Pritchard made his debut for Alty in the first leg - probably the first person to make his debut for the club in May (May 10th)

He scored with a diving header as well. We were 5 up and shipped two late goals - the tension unbearable heading to Silverlands. At least we'll never have to to do that again....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »

BOOOOOMMM Cult! 👏

I reckon we had a couple of players sign at the back end of the 85/86 season like Damien Booker who might have made very late debuts?

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »

Peter Eales also made his Alty debut in the home game v Buxton & kept his place for the away game. Frankish & Schofield had shared the keeping duties through the season.
Scorers (h) Tony Broadhead, Phil Smith 2, Joe Pritchard 2 (a) Andy Windsor.
Scorers v Macc in 68-9 NWFL final (a) - Jack Swindells & Don Weston; in 74-5 final (h) Phil Smith & John Hughes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:18:19 PM by roytonmike »

markecky2

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:54:33 PM »

I think you can call that well and truly answered!

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

What sort of tyres were on the team bus?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

72-73

Alty 5 Buxton 2

Buxton 2 Alty 1

He scored with a diving header as well. We were 5 up and shipped two late goals - the tension unbearable heading to Silverlands. At least we'll never have to to do that again....

Very happy memories of these games, although when Buxton went 2-0 up at Silverlands, they had clawed the aggregate scoreline back from 5-0 to 5-4....God bless Andy Windsor for calming our nerves with that final goal. That was my first experience of winning a trophy as an Alty fan.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 11:30:06 PM »

BOOOOOMMM Cult! 👏

I reckon we had a couple of players sign at the back end of the 85/86 season like Damien Booker who might have made very late debuts?

Definitely not Damien Booker, may have been Damien Looker though ;D ;D ;D

He has been down at Alty in the not too distant past.

An interesting call though, Ballers. as the Trophy Final v Runcorn was on Saturday May 17th. I don't remember us playing in the midweek before the Trophy final but it could be possible that we had a game on Saturday May 10th.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »

Peter Eales also made his Alty debut in the home game v Buxton & kept his place for the away game. Frankish & Schofield had shared the keeping duties through the season.
Scorers v Macc in 68-9 NWFL final (a) - Jack Swindells & Don Weston; in 74-5 final (h) Phil Smith & John Hughes.

I am fairly sure that there were 3 debutants in that first leg game.....Peter Eales, Joe Pritchard & Gerry Casey, if I remember correctly. If not Gerry Casey, it may have been Mickey Brooke, but I seem to recall that he joined us towards the end of that season, rather than right at the end.

mossleysmiffy

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:50 AM »

Grateful thanks to everyone who has "come up with the goods" - seems like it's also started a bit of a nostalgia trip for some as well !!!

(Don't forget the Rossendale attendance  ;D )

Thanks you all - maybe see you this season @ Ashton Utd or Stalybridge Celtic !

roytonmike

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »

I am fairly sure that there were 3 debutants in that first leg game.....Peter Eales, Joe Pritchard & Gerry Casey, if I remember correctly. If not Gerry Casey, it may have been Mickey Brooke, but I seem to recall that he joined us towards the end of that season, rather than right at the end.
Quite right, Brian. Gerry Casey it was. Micky Brooke made 11 appearances in total that season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »

What sort of tyres were on the team bus?

Crossply  Manufactured by Bridgestone
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team