PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England womens
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: England womens  (Read 6589 times)

whopper

Re: England womens
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »

The alty ladies would beat us if reeves was injured....fact

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »

We should arrange a friendly against them, get dominos to sponsor it seeing as at least 30 blokes will be getting their own tea that evening.

On a serious note, Team GB ladies play their first match on Wednesday 25th July. it would make a good pre-season friendly for us and a good olympic warm up for team GB.

Not sure how we'd go about arranging it though, are women even allowed to play men (i'm thinking of FIFA restrictions and injury insurance etc.)

I remember in the late 70s/early 80s Timperley Cricket Club player against the Ladies' England Cricket Team; Rachel Hayhoe Flint and all. Can't remember the result.

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »

We should arrange a friendly against them, get dominos to sponsor it seeing as at least 30 blokes will be getting their own tea that evening.

On a serious note, Team GB ladies play their first match on Wednesday 25th July. it would make a good pre-season friendly for us and a good olympic warm up for team GB.

Not sure how we'd go about arranging it though, are women even allowed to play men (i'm thinking of FIFA restrictions and injury insurance etc.)

I remember in the late 70s/early 80s Timperley Cricket Club player against the Ladies' England Cricket Team; Rachel Hayhoe Flint and all. Can't remember the result.

how many no balls were there?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 11:45:34 PM »

I know this is supposed to be a light hearted thread?

I know a number of the posts on here are deliberately mysoginist?

I know I'm probably gonna be called a miserable, humourless git

BUT

Can we at least try to join the 20th Century here please? There is significant value in Women's Football, the technique demonstrated by a large number of top level female players is superior to that of a good number of L2 players and, like it or not, it's here to stay

If someone who didn't know the contributors happened upon this thread they would surely get what (I hope is) entirely the wrong image of Alty and its fans

RocketDan

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »

I know a number of the posts on here are deliberately mysoginist? ..........

Can we at least try to join the 20th Century here please? There is significant value in Women's Football, the technique demonstrated by a large number of top level female players is superior to that of a good number of L2 players and, like it or not, it's here to stay

This isn't light hearted, it is a serious question - who would win between Alty and the England ladies team.

OK it's a hypothetical question, but it is one that we could in practice test if the game was played. I am however still confused as to why women can't play against men in a football match, especially a friendly. If it is due to players injury insurance, I can understand, but to me, the whole thing wreaks of inherent sexism in football if it is a FIFA or FA ruling.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:52:05 AM by RocketDan »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »

If Any passing feminists are reading this, there is no way In reality I would expect any man to get himself a dominos simply because his good lady was out playing football.A 2 piece meal or streetwise box from KFC would be more than sufficient for someone dining alone.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

If Any passing feminists are reading this, there is no way In reality I would expect any man to get himself a dominos simply because his good lady was out playing football.A 2 piece meal or streetwise box from KFC would be more than sufficient for someone dining alone.

In this day and age I would be in my pinny whipping something up in the kitchen in no time.

then I would get a take-away!

Butty

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »

If women want to be treated as men then they should play all competitive sport with them. Few years of that and they'll want their 'independance' back

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »

It always puzzled me that the Oxbridge rowing teams could have a female cox, but the women's rowing teams could not have male rowers!

and that women can play in men's golf and darts (for instance) but not vice versa

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »

Anddddddd  No washing up afterwards  ;) :D

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »

it's all well and good for The Ladies to be getting some extra exercise if pushing a hoover round isn't enough for them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:49:59 PM by York Alty »

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »

it's all well and good the The Ladies to be getting some extra exercise if pushing a hoover round isn't enough for them.

Curling, with all that sweeping, is a sport made for women!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »

BUT

If someone who didn't know the contributors happened upon this thread they would surely get what (I hope is) entirely the wrong image of Alty and its fans

To be fair Phil I would hope that most casual readers of this forum would work out that the "mickey taking" is tongue in cheek - we all realise that ladies soccer is here to stay and that it is played to a decent standard by the more high profile teams.  Personally I dont see what harm a bit of light hearted banter can do - There is enough bloody doom and gloom preached by the news services and media, a few posts that puts a smile on peoples faces cannot be that bad for goodness sake.

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »

BUT

To be fair Phil I would hope that most casual readers of this forum would work out that the "mickey taking" is tongue in cheek - we all realise that ladies soccer is here to stay and that it is played to a decent standard by the more high profile teams.  Personally I dont see what harm a bit of light hearted banter can do - There is enough bloody doom and gloom preached by the news services and media, a few posts that puts a smile on peoples faces cannot be that bad for goodness sake.

agreed.

I make jokes and stuff at home, on here and elsewhere that in no way reflect what I believe and practice.  The late great Mrs York Alty would have had my nuts on a platter if I really did carry on this way...

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »

The alty ladies would beat us if reeves was injured....fact

Alty would absolutely batter the England women. I've watched quite a bit of top women's football and there are some good players but the pace and power is no where near that of even the BSN. Can you imagine the 50/50 tackles? or any high balls? Would they win any crosses for example? I don't even think you could compare the two.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England womens