PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why, Why, Why
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why, Why, Why  (Read 8117 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why, Why, Why
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »

Shambolic tactics I'm afraid.

Could lambast the players, but I don't think it was their fault. To play Twiss in the middle and Reeves and McGivern so wide was madness, both just never in the game.

To play Mark Lynch at CB ahead of Lees was an error.

The most worrying thing was after 10mins you could see it was never going to work, but it didn't get changed.
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

LS accepts responsibility. Fair play, he knows he got it wrong and is an honest bloke. Let's learn to keep it simple and move on.

From the website:

"Following today's 2-0 home defeat by 18th-placed Bishop's Stortford, which completed a league double over the Robins, Altrincham manager Lee Sinnott said "I take full responsibility for the poor result and performance today. With the recent away game at Bishop's Stortford fresh in our minds, I set the side up differently today with a change of shape, playing three upo front and one behind them but it didn't work today. In fact, we created more chances in the away match, with our normal formation, than we did today.

As the team tactics are down to me, I take full responsibility for the outcome. We didn't perform anywhere near as well as we did in the second half last Tuesday, against Stalybridge. I hold up my hands and apologise to all the fans, who turned out in good numbers today. We didn't do them justice".

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »

Ecky

No need to apologise, in fact I'm not entirely sure why you are. Unless of course it is a bit of a snipe at me re my Adam Flynn rant

I believe that the unsuccessful deployment of Shaun Densmore at Left back was an attempt to put someone with some pace and tenacity up against their No 7 who has quite a good reputation

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

That was my first game in 2012 and I went with hope and enthusiasm to watch a fresh and revamped team! Thought Flynn looked good at cb and you could see the potential in our number 8 and young Watmore. I don't know who our number 3 was, but he was one of the worst defenders i've ever seen at any level. I know Twiss has been unfairly criticised at times, but today he was every bit as sh*t as I remember. A bit too late to apologise now Lee for that stroke of genius to play Twiss for Lawrie. Depressing in front of such a good gate and most definately not fair on the fans who showed up in such good numbers. Before today  didn't expect us to make the play offs, but I had hoped we'd go down fighting. Well done Bishops by the way for doing us good and proper again.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »

Densmore at Left Back ???????????

The leagues top scorer by a country mile playing wide right ???????????

34 games into a season is NOT the time to start fkng about playing players way out of position ffs

Lawrie came on as though he was about to piss off to the Antartic straight after the final whistle - Man up ffs

The one blessing was that we got to see the young lad Whatmore who was the only Alty player to show some bloody enthusiasm...

sh*t game sh*t result and definitely sh*t tactics by the management ..

I have said for ages that we are not good enough to get in the playoffs never mind getting promotion
nothing I saw today has given me any reason to change my mind - It was that bad today even Dennis was somewhat quieter !!!!

mikealty

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »

Thought I gave Twiss more stick than he really deserved today, but he really was s**t, as were the majority of the team.

Small positives were Watmore when he came on, more enthusiasm than the entire team put together and we should think about playing him more. Also Stu's penalty save, he had his standard good game, as for the rest they were complete rubbish.

Lew Needham

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »

I've not commented on Lee all season as I think he's done an ok to average job so far.

However what worried me was what i saw on Tuesday. He changed it at half time to give us more width which worked a treat as we got all over them and finally scored. Then straight after the goal he took Lawrie off for Twiss and ruined the whole balance as we ended up narrow again. It was just a bizarre change and after it we really struggled, altho we nicked it in the end.

It worries me how much he messes with the formation especially when he does so after he seems to have got it right.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »

.....Then straight after the goal he took Lawrie off for Twiss and ruined the whole balance as we ended up narrow again. It was just a bizarre change and after it we really struggled,

It worries me how much he messes with the formation especially when he does so after he seems to have got it right.

This is the similar b*llocks he did against FC United. The man is inept, not just at setting tactics initially but also in recognising when it has gone wrong and doing something about it. However, I'm more than happy to credit him with a stroke of genius during the Stalybridge match when his positioning of Densmore and Clee changed the whole approach and eventually the outcome. But that actually makes today's debacle worse, because it begs the question "how can you follow such a clever move with a complete cock-up the following match?"

And this was a cock-up which was obvious well before half-time, by which time we'd had not one single shot on target. So what changed at half-time? Diddly squat. Sweet FA. Ah..I'm wrong. What followed was another 45 minutes of no shots on target, but this time at the Chequers end. So something did change. Silly me.

Pathetic initial team selection. Pathetic substitutions. Pathetic tactics. Pathetic inaction. And Len Snottie can apologise all he wants, it doesn't placate me because all he's apologising for is the initial tactics, when what went wrong was far more than that.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »

Ecky

I believe that the unsuccessful deployment of Shaun Densmore at Left back was an attempt to put someone with some pace and tenacity up against their No 7 who has quite a good reputation

Another attempt to paper over the cracks there, I'm afraid.

The manager should be ashamed that his current squad does not contain a recognised left full back.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Malty G

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »

I bet their manager couldn't believe his luck when he saw our formation. Not only were we narrow and light in the middle of the park but we then proceeded to try and pass our way through it. I do agree with Ecky that we probably don't train enough or have a settled side to try different formations  but I'm not convinced that 4-4-2 with the players available would have made much difference. Sometimes it's not the formation but how you operate it. I'd say there was an arguement for bringing Lawrie on earlier, going 4-2-4 and hitting the forwards earlier instead of fannying about on the half-way line with short freekicks.

VofD

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »

.....Then straight after the goal he took Lawrie off for Twiss and ruined the whole balance as we ended up narrow again. It was just a bizarre change and after it we really struggled,

This is the similar b*llocks he did against FC United. The man is inept, not just at setting tactics initially but also in recognising when it has gone wrong and doing something about it. However, I'm more than happy to credit him with a stroke of genius during the Stalybridge match when his positioning of Densmore and Clee changed the whole approach and eventually the outcome. But that actually makes today's debacle worse, because it begs the question "how can you follow such a clever move with a complete cock-up the following match?"

And this was a cock-up which was obvious well before half-time, by which time we'd had not one single shot on target. So what changed at half-time? Diddly squat. Sweet FA. Ah..I'm wrong. What followed was another 45 minutes of no shots on target, but this time at the Chequers end. So something did change. Silly me.

Pathetic initial team selection. Pathetic substitutions. Pathetic tactics. Pathetic inaction. And Len Snottie can apologise all he wants, it doesn't placate me because all he's apologising for is the initial tactics, when what went wrong was far more than that.

Spot on. >:( >:(

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

How is a man who has us on the verge of the play offs inept?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »

The people slagging off Sinnott this week were calling him a genius only a week earlier  ::)

It's best not to think about it too much.

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »

The people slagging off Sinnott this week were calling him a genius only a week earlier  ::)

It's best not to think about it too much.

Thats because last weeks game against Stalybridge was changed by a stroke of genius. Saturdays game against Bishops Stortford was tactically inept.

People are fickle. However, the people stating the differences in his tactical decisions are not. They are saying what they see.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »

Depends on where you view it from. If you think top 10s a good effort then he's not inept no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why, Why, Why