PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester v Eastbourne abandoned...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chester v Eastbourne abandoned...  (Read 8445 times)

York Alty

Re: Chester v Eastbourne abandoned...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 06:11:28 PM »

Good point Bath Alty. 

It's a bloody long way for Eastbourne and Barnsley to travel, for in effect nothing.

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Good point Bath Alty. 

It's a bloody long way for Eastbourne and Barnsley to travel, for in effect nothing.

It'd be a bit disingenuous to get the game called off just as Eastbourne go in front theough.

Feel VERY sorry for Barnsley ad their fans.

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8376691.stm

and I quote from the BBC..."The protest came as Harvey's side were on course for their fourth consecutive league win."

Oh dear...

Bath Alty

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 06:15:55 PM »

Good point Bath Alty. 

It'd be a bit disingenuous to get the game called off just as Eastbourne go in front theough.

Feel VERY sorry for Barnsley ad their fans.

But if Eastbourne were winning and Chester invaded the pitch even our administrators would work out that they have to give th epoints to Eastbourne.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »

but if Jester are kicked out Eastbourne would lose the three points that they got for trailing 3 2 in a game.    doooohh it's too much for me.

Nurse!  The screens!!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »

Law 7 says that an Abandoned game is replayed unless the laws of the competition say different - over to the wise men that run the conference.
It is quite bizzare that a team's fans would get a game abandoned in a situation when their own team look like gaining a rare win.
Unless the game is replayed I cannot see how Eastbourne can claim any points.
I think Chester will be gone come Tuesday morning - along with 6 points for us.

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »

What a very sad state of affairs!

The decision to protest like that would have been taken long before kick off. When feelings run that way I imagine it took 75 minutes to build up the courage. The scoreline is irelevant, although it does prove that it's not performance based.

Unfortunately it will only serve to end Chester city fc. Sad sad sad! And f**kin annoying about our four points!

gunners11

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »

i think chester city are stupid. match call off because of some stupid supporters running on the pitch demanding there manager to go. bloody hell have the players have gone. i have one for chester city EXPULSION . bye bye and why should alty lose the points . there should lose the  points not alty stevenage mansfield or crawley. chester city what a fu**ing mess sort you self out chester .

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 09:17:33 PM »

Count to ten and take slow breaths Gunners!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

At the end of the day if we do see the demise of Chester then there is no other option than to take the points off all the teams who either won or drew with them.

The fact that we are one of only a few teams who have already  played them twice is basically unfortunate.

I have said it on numerous posts on this and other forums.. Until the powers that be have the bollocks to sort out these clubs that drift along on the brink of extinction season after season by buying players with money they havent fkn got or paying stupid wages,then this sh*t will happen more and more often..

Come on the FA get a fkn grip of this game and sort out these clubs before it becomes a complete and utter shambles. They knew before the season started that all was not well at the Deva.

To the Chester fans who go week in and week out.  I dont blame you for wanting that fkn Sheister Vaughan outta there..

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »

It's not only the fans who go week in week out that want to see the back of the fool Vaughan.  The gate today was 869, less 30 odd from Eastbourne leaves less than 850 Jester fans who have the stomach to pay money to that frauster.

The absence of fans is as  telling as those that protested today.

Vaughan Out of Footy. Now.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »

aye.  3 hours of heavy rain.

there was nonsense involving egg chasing at stockport last night.  called off becasue one team refused to take part as the pitch was wet.

More evidence that egg chasing is for namby-pambies.

At least the footy players gave it a go.

The 22 guys attempting to get a ball into one of two nets didnt actually bother to attempt a chance. The ref called it off early on sat

see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8379381.stm

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

After reading Deva chat yesterday, there were an awful lot of Chester fans who had substantial wagers on Eastbourne winning. They were expecting a repeat  of Weymouth v Rushden from last year, then their team screws it all up by fielding a much stronger side than they were all expecting.
They probably got the match abandoned in the hope of getting their wagers back!!
 ;) ;) ;)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »

The gate today was 869, less 30 odd from Eastbourne leaves less than 850 Jester fans who have the stomach to pay money to that frauster.

The absence of fans is as  telling as those that protested today.

I imagine there were considerably less than 869 in the ground as the club have to count season ticket holders even if they do not attend.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »

Law 7 says that an Abandoned game is replayed unless the laws of the competition say different - over to the wise men that run the conference.
It is quite bizzare that a team's fans would get a game abandoned in a situation when their own team look like gaining a rare win.
Unless the game is replayed I cannot see how Eastbourne can claim any points.
I think Chester will be gone come Tuesday morning - along with 6 points for us.

Dont jump the gun redhill mate, it's only four...  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester v Eastbourne abandoned...