PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane moments
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Moss Lane moments  (Read 8398 times)

Jacko

Moss Lane moments
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »

Would like to hear about everyone's best (and worst) moss lane experiances throughout the years,

my favourite was the cold winter night when clive freeman crashed in the long ranger against chester ;D

my worst has to be discracefull bishop auckland fans in the fa cup hitting a horse in the chequers end >:(

baldrick

Re: Moss Lane moments
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:23:45 AM »

What was a horse doing in the chequers end?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »

What was a horse doing in the chequers end?

I believe it was a Scottish one which has sneaked over the border to support the Bishops.
Rumour has it that it was let in after it promised to cause neigh trouble.  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »

I think it was a policewoman that got hit. The police horses were brought in to make the situation worse in what possibly passes for common sense in the police.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »

I was sat in Sponsors lounge courtesy of NTL and it was indeed a policewomen who came past with blood pouring from her head....

Comment of the day was from Mr King to the Ex Chairman of BA who was sat two seats from me (even tho Kingy was shouting at him I still shat myself)
Pointed at the male coppers and said "I don't mind them f*cking hittin them but hittin women is just wrong"

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »

Bishop Aukland incident was by the far the worst, mainly because it put a fair few off coming to the match for a while.

The 3-0 boxing day win over Vics a couple of years ago was particularly great, close to FREEEEEEEEEEEEMAN!!!

Last Boxing Day was particularly poor too, the lack of spirit really hurt.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »

i know they hit a policewoman which was disgusting, but i i saw one of them digg the horse too

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »

From what I recall Bishop Auckland 'fans' were having a go at each other as well.

The way I see it is that they now play in the Northern Football League Division 1 and we entertain Wrexham FC on the August Bank Holiday. 

COME ON YOU ALTY

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »

Didnt see the bishop auckland game, was sickened by the fcum incident when two grown men were punching kids, best moment ronnie ellis two back post headers taking us through in the fa cup - think it was against lincoln
Bernard Taylors barmy army

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:30 PM »

Nuneaton cup match for me was quality... Even better on the DVD...
Remember them havin about 20 corners in a row before we'd actually walked round the side to take up our places !  ;)

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

Best................. Barnet

Worst................first time we got relegated...couldn't believe it.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »

Best was possibly the absolute mauling of Porterfield's (then top of Division 4) Sheffield United.

Worst.....hmmm.....quite possibly the first relegation. I'm not ashamed to say that tears were shed.

Muppets causing trouble (and we've had a few down the years) don't make for a worst moment in my book.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

That night stevenage relegated us in was it 96 i listened on GMR as a 10 year old lad and wept my arse off my dad was away on business and my mum just didn't and still doesn't understand.

best, promotion under bernard taylor i was too young to know the background stories, excessive spending just knew that the winning thing was fun!

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

i was going to say the sheff utd game too
as you say they were top of the 4th at the time. if they showed something like that on match of the day now alty would be justly famous. most cup upsets  are scrappy affairs with a lot of luck involved but that night they were taked to the cleaners. barry howard ripped up stewart houston and heathcote scored one of the best goals i have ever seen.

the league cup semi? with mossley when we were losing 4-1? and barry howard provoked (punched) eamon o'keefe into a fight getting them both sent off. in a mad ending we ran out 5-4 winners
(lost the second leg anyway though).

midweek games for me have always had a special character particularly midwinter, something 'crackly' about them.

the worst? i tend not to remember the bad ones

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »

i think sheff uts has to be up there for me as well, we battered them.
york was another great one and what about the two FA cup wins against macc amongst the worst has to be last boxing day, I am fortunate that i was abroad for the relegations

it was stan allen that got sent off with eamon okeefe (steve watson still doesnt believe we won)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane moments