PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge (A)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stalybridge (A)  (Read 8447 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stalybridge (A)
« on: December 25, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »

Not traditionally a happy hunting ground for us bower fold in recent times.I was watching the highlights of their game at Gainsborough and I think we can exploit them at the back.Heres hoping we can finally get a long over due league win at Stalybridge, their Gainsborough highlights are here;

http://www.thenortholme.com/videos/2012/12/22/trinity-1-2-stalybridge-celtic-22-dec-2012

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge (A)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »

I know Chester are playing well, but for comedy defending watch this.
Let's hope for a repeat tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_W7tUSDhww&list=UUskVFid5UvLkvzuVz8T3Azg&index=3

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »

wonder if we are expecting a pitch inspection ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »

As our record at Bower Fold is somewhat dismal, I suppose that returning from there with a point is acceptable but I do feel that three points were there for the taking this afternoon, especially when we had edged ahead 2-1.

There was a key moment not long after Duncan Watmore's second goal, when the inept referee somehow contrived to miss a Stalybridge player blatantly pulling Jordan Sinnott's shirt in their penalty area.

Then, yet again, our defence evaporates; Stalybridge's unmarked and diminutive centre forward is allowed a free header and it's 2-2.

I have to say that I thought that Jordan Sinnott's performance was hugely disappointing and I fail to understand why his father didn't substitute him.

He really didn't look at all interested in being there and his demeanour was that of a disgruntled teenager who had hoped to receive an iPod for Christmas but had been given a satsuma and some socks instead.

Hats off again to the splendid Duncan Watmore, who was our principal attacking threat all afternoon.
Thank God that he had not suffered another 'growing spurt' over Christmas and was selected in our starting XI today....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »

Thought it was a low quality affair with only Duncan and Stuart shining for us and that 11 for them.  That said the conditions were awful and it must have been very hard to play out there.

The referee was appalling for both sides but that none penalty for the pull on Jordans shirt was incredible.  I do wish we were cuter in these situations and just hit the floor like everyone else does.

We never get anything there so I'm too down about a point (and I expected them to win it at the end as they used to do).

Didn't click for us today and they are a poor side (full time?..really?) so we should have taken three points.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »

Quite agree Sinnot jnr. did nothing today would of been better with Richman from the off , he at least gives 100% . Duncan my m.o.m  

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »

missed clee today imo

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »

Shocking conditons to play in.

Ref was evenly wank for both sides.

Sinnot was no better worst than most. Watmore and Coburn stood out. If Rogers could pass the ball we would be playoff material.

Clee was sorley missed.
Full time and proud of it

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »

At least the second half was entertaining
Two things did jump out at me though
Sinnott should have taken off after about 25 minutes, he just didn't want to be there.
Even by our standards, set pieces were terrible, every dead ball was hit way too far. We have just drawn with a pub team, some of their defending was laughable.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »

Thought it was a low quality affair with only Duncan and Stuart shining for us and that 11 for them.  That said the conditions were awful and it must have been very hard to play out there.

The referee was appalling for both sides but that none penalty for the pull on Jordans shirt was incredible.  I do wish we were cuter in these situations and just hit the floor like everyone else does.

We never get anything there so I'm too down about a point (and I expected them to win it at the end as they used to do).

Didn't click for us today and they are a poor side (full time?..really?) so we should have taken three points.

The best player on the pitch by a country mile when he came on was their no.12 - we can't give him that amount of space next week. I enjoyed the match (even if it wasn't technically perfect) and wasn't unhappy to take a point, given the conditions.

ADT

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »

Sinnott should have taken off after about 25 minutes, he just didn't want to be there.
Even by our standards, set pieces were terrible, every dead ball was hit way too far. We have just drawn with a pub team, some of their defending was laughable.

If some of our defendin was laughable it doesn't say much for your strikers that you couldn't beat us. We had 10 shots on target to your 4 so your defending wasn't great.
You're deluded thinking you are a big club you're Conference North and are likely to remain so for a long time.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »

If some of our defendin was laughable it doesn't say much for your strikers that you couldn't beat us. We had 10 shots on target to your 4 so your defending wasn't great.
You're deluded thinking you are a big club you're Conference North and are likely to remain so for a long time.

Your clubs on its arse mate, 802 with 300 away fans on Boxing day?

I bet the money man from Monaco is making exit plans as we speak.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

Didn't go so have no comment to make on the match but given our embarrassingly bad historical record there I'd have taken a point before KO. Sounds like the atrocious conditions didn't help either team to be fair.

The game at Histon on Saturday and the return next week will now decide what kind of Christmas we've had and whether in hindsight a draw today is a decent result. I see Histon got a very rare win tody but hopefully that was a flash in the pan.

Heard we took good numbers there today as always, and as always our 400 odd there will be repaid by about 180 at Moss Lane, tinpot. Oh for the days of proper Christmas derbies against Macc and Vics.

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »

I have to say that I thought that Jordan Sinnott's performance was hugely disappointing and I fail to understand why his father didn't substitute him.

He really didn't look at all interested in being there and his demeanour was that of a disgruntled teenager who had hoped to receive an iPod for Christmas but had been given a satsuma and some socks instead.

That was the first time I have seen him, and although it's probably not fair to judge off one performance, I was rather underwhelmed.

Not sure where Jordan's favoured position is, but I thought we signed a central midfielder rather than a winger. From what I saw today, Jordan doesn't look like the type of player who wants to run at a fullbacks - the way Clee and Watmore do, nor is he the best crosser of a ball either, with his deliveries often hitting the first man or fired way wide.

I may be wrong, but I can't help thinking he'd be more effective in the middle of the park.

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »

we get 800 at home and have took half the crowd to this game maybe not a big club but there are smaller clubs in leauge above
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge (A)