PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Right Bastards!  (Read 8429 times)

broadcaststorm

Re: Right Bastards!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »

I could actually understand your viewpoint in a way if you didnt begin with what Geoff has done for the club. you cant put that much in and just lose interest. Geoff standing down in a way is an ideal example of his commitment because he knows he might not be able to give it priority (timewise) in the future. He is protecting the club and I have no doubt his financial advice and support will be with the club for a long time to come. Now that is positive, i might cry now!

I do hope his advice and support will be with us for a long time to come.
The shirt wouldn't look right without "Go Goodwins" on the front!

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »

Given the financial rewards of staying in this league, to suggest the Chairman wants to drop back into a league where our attendances will be cut in half and matchday income will drop through the floor is a bit mental to say the least.

If you had attended the recent Fans' Forum at Moss Lane, then you would perhaps understand the point I have raised.

Leon is in tune with my thinking.

If we go down after giving our utmost but because we are simply not good enough, then that is no disgrace.
However, if we even slightly accept the prospect of relegation because, say, the Conference North means less travelling or the clubs' Directors are friendlier in that league, then I will be bitterly disappointed if (God forbid) the worst case scenario happens at the end of April.  

Unfortunately, the logistics of a 500 mile round trip to attend a fans forum made it slightly diificult to be there, especially when I only finished work at 5 o'clock.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

Unfortunately, the logistics of a 500 mile round trip to attend a fans forum made it slightly diificult to be there, especially when I only finished work at 5 o'clock.

I wasn't suggesting that attendance was compulsory!
All I was saying was that if you had been able to attend and listen to some of the comments made, perhaps you would have understood the basis for some of my concerns.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »

Well said Hughsey.

Heads up everyone, we've got the players to get out of it, let's show them the support!

Bath Alty

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 04:43:50 PM »

returning to the original plea for attendence at Crawley from Southern Exiles I have just had to cry off meeting up with Dad to get to the game as I have been on my sick bed for 2 days and can't face the 100+ mile drive, so 2 down on last year's turn out. :'(

Heffer

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:02 PM »

I will be there!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!