PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Right Bastards!  (Read 8433 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Right Bastards!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »

Mister teasybeaver,

Apology accepted.

Believe me, pulling hair out is currently a popular pastime in Hale too!

All I'm really saying is let's not have any of this mentality that a return to the Conference North wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

We are in the Conference (ahead of schedule) and it's much harder to get back into than it is to get out of!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »

so never mind all this I prefer the conference north bollocks, this is where its at, and this is where we want to be at

I agree with this statement 100%.....but, alas, I'm not sure that our current Chairman does!
And that does worry me.

See you all at Northwich on Tuesday.

Ive never heard such bollocks, have you forgotton the mess we were in just 2 or 3 years ago? Of course he wants us in the conference. This threads about being positive and yet still someone comes in with garbage like this. Blame the manager, blame the players, blame rocky robin and now blame the chairman?

Blame who you f**king want, just do it on another forum!  

Because of this crap im watching alty try an self destruct from 1000 miles away and its killing me! Imagine if all this crap had been posted on boxing day evening? we're still in the same boat now so shut the f**k up and start paddling!

The paddling starts at Crawley! (or for me in the irish bar in cannes)

Mister teasybeaver,

I refer you to my previous two posts.

I shall be at Northwich on Tuesday whilst you write drivel on this Forum.

Thank you!

Ps On tuesday night i'll be in the irish bar in cannes, not on this forum. And you started it!

Now please will you go and shout that extra bit louder for me at Northwich.

Thankyou!

broadcaststorm

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 01:56:24 PM »

I've got to admit that I agree with "the cult", I dont think Mr Chairman is 100% behind the club anymore.
 :(

teasybeaver

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »

I've got to admit that I agree with "the cult", I dont think Mr Chairman is 100% behind the club anymore.
 :(

Sorry hughesy, it looks like your threads going to the dogs, people missing the point and staying negative, dare i mention southport?

Me and cult agreed on something, conf north is not the place to be and the only thing the fans can do is get behind the team. All i see happening here is people looking for blame and so far it seems to have stemmed from the ridiculous (Chairman, nobody mentions his name?) to the bizarre (Rocky robin). Or even Arnie who blames marxism!

Come on lads and lasses lets just be positive!

broadcaststorm

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »

Mr Beaver,
I have full confidence in the team, and we all know it is down to how the players perform on the pitch that matters at the end of the day, I was simply stating that I dont think Mr Goodwin is 100% behind the club anymore.

teasybeaver

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »

Mr Beaver,
I have full confidence in the team, and we all know it is down to how the players perform on the pitch that matters at the end of the day, I was simply stating that I dont think Mr Goodwin is 100% behind the club anymore.

Shall we just get this straight, your talking about Geoff Goodwin, right? If not will you name the individual in question because i think they deserve at least that respect when your questioning their commitment?

For me Mr Goodwin has been done a injustice on this thread. And also you miss the point of what i'm saying, just be positive, what your suggesting isn't positive so it has no place on this thread. If you or anyone else wants to continue this line of opinion start a new thread or PM me. I'm at work i'm getting paid whilst i argue with you, thats positive!

So on elast time COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

broadcaststorm

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 02:32:44 PM »

Shall we just get this straight, your talking about Geoff Goodwin, right? If not will you name the individual in question because i think they deserve at least that respect when your questioning their commitment?

For me Mr Goodwin has been done a injustice on this thread. And also you miss the point of what i'm saying, just be positive, what your suggesting isn't positive so it has no place on this thread. If you or anyone else wants to continue this line of opinion start a new thread or PM me. I'm at work i'm getting paid whilst i argue with you, thats positive!

So on elast time COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Who died and made you moderator?
Yes I am talking about Geoff Goodwin.
Was I being negative about the team?
No, I was being negative about Geoff Goodwin, I was simply stating my opinion that I dont think he is behind us anymore?
I'm being paid to have an exchange of words (or as you call it, an "argument") with you too, not only is it positive but it makes me look productive as well!
And yes, Come on you Red And White Barstewards!!!!!!!!!!1111222222222 etc etc
I'll be at the game tomorrow, we can get an away win, and I feel our time is now.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

I was always under the impression that protocol states that the Chairman should be referred to as 'Mister Chairman' or 'the Chairman' and not 'Mister Goodwin'?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »

Just to be clear, I will distance myself completely from broadcaststorm's opinions. I think Geoff has been and is a superb chairman and the idea that he is not 100% behind the club is laughable.

All I was saying is that a club which is wisely not prepared to risk its future to try to avoid to relegation is inevitably at a disadvantage on the field compared to a club which is - until that club gets relegated and goes bust, of course.

But others are right to say that we should get back to the original point of this thread - so let's all get down to Crawley, let's roar them on to victory and let's keep the faith.

Come on you red and white b***ards!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »

No, I was being negative about Geoff Goodwin, I was simply stating my opinion that I dont think he is behind us anymore?

Perhaps people would be more understanding of your position if you actually explained why you hold such an opinion.

Slating people without good reason may make you look to some as, you know, a bit of a knob.

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

teasybeaver

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 02:50:02 PM »

I stand corrected because obviously if people were saying something positive they still would have referred to said person as "The Chairman". Also I am not a moderator and I should not have suggested to start another thread because this one and its opening post is an ideal place to discuss such things in a negative manner as you wish. Further to this I realise that you were being negative about said "Chairman" and not the team which of course has nothing to do with being negatve about the clubs current situation in general. In addition to this I am correctly belittled by on the charge of referring to our unfortunate exchange of words as an argument [sic], not only should I be more careful with my spelling in such a strict environment but I should also assess the nature of the words I am spelling incorrectly.

Obviously You are correct on all counts broadcaststorm, this exchange of words can now be pronounced over. Have fun tomorrow, as i previously stated i will be watching sky soccer saturday from the sanctuary of an irish bar in Cannes, the closest i can get to watching, given my circumstances.

broadcaststorm

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 02:56:46 PM »

Perhaps people would be more understanding of your position if you actually explained why you hold such an opinion.

Slating people without good reason may make you look to some as, you know, a bit of a knob.

First, I'm not disputing that Geoff has done a lot of good work for the club, I think for anyone to turn around the financial situation as quickly as Mr Goodwin has done is a remarkable acheivment.
I also understand that he has a lot of things on his plate, running a successful coach company and having a son who is a rising star on the kart tracks takes a lot of his time, but how often do you see him at games, home and away, cheering on the players?
Thats what makes me think he's not 100% behind us anymore, also with him leaving the chairman role, who can say if we will still have the support from his company in a years time...

teasybeaver

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

First, I'm not disputing that Geoff has done a lot of good work for the club, I think for anyone to turn around the financial situation as quickly as Mr Goodwin has done is a remarkable acheivment.
I also understand that he has a lot of things on his plate, running a successful coach company and having a son who is a rising star on the kart tracks takes a lot of his time, but how often do you see him at games, home and away, cheering on the players?
Thats what makes me think he's not 100% behind us anymore, also with him leaving the chairman role, who can say if we will still have the support from his company in a years time...

I could actually understand your viewpoint in a way if you didnt begin with what Geoff has done for the club. you cant put that much in and just lose interest. Geoff standing down in a way is an ideal example of his commitment because he knows he might not be able to give it priority (timewise) in the future. He is protecting the club and I have no doubt his financial advice and support will be with the club for a long time to come. Now that is positive, i might cry now!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »

but how often do you see him at games, home and away, cheering on the players?

I've no idea, it's not something I tend to look out for. Perhaps you could tell me?

In any case is the amount of games he attends and the amount of noise he makes at matches really the best criteria to judge his commitment to the club against?

So what if his company doesn't give the same level of support in a years time as it does now? This has no bearing on his present level of commitment.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

teasybeaver

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »

In a previous post I stated that Arnie had "Blamed Marxism". Arnie did not in fact blame Marxism, he merely gave a marxist perspective to Alty'current situation. I apologise to Arnie and any readers for this glaring error on my behalf.

Should anyone wish to discuss a marxist perspective of non-league football Arnie can be contacted at brothelregular@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!