PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Right Bastards!  (Read 8431 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Right Bastards!
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:52:40 AM »

I want to hear no more talk of relegation, do we need new front men, or any other non helpful tripe.If your going to Crawley tomorrow, get behind the lads for 90 minutes,its times like this they need our support, not when things are going well, I also hope that every southern exile does their bit tomorrow by attending the crawley fixture, we had an excellent turn out down there last season boosted by lots of southern exiles, so remember your club needs you to do your duty at this time,the lads needs all the support they can from every section of our support.

If you arent going tomorrow, try and re-schedule what you had planned to do, and get down there, failing that then make sure your at northwich on tuesday night for what could be our second straight away win on the trot.

There is a third of the season left yet and 40+ points up for grabs, so lets see some positive thought from everybody, 70 odd live games and lots of TV money up for grabs next season, so never mind all this I prefer the conference north bollocks, this is where its at, and this is where we want to be at,travel in large numbers tomorrow and in legions northwich,We know we have a team more than capable of doing the job, a few defeats and everyones head drops, well players,fans alike need to get their heads back up and get this job boxed off sooner rather than later. See you all tomrrow

Red N White Dynamite

Re: Right Bastards!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »

I'll be there and right behind them all the way!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »

And if you need more incentive hughsey says he will wear the same shell suit he had on at southport so guys its worth it for the laugh!!!

On a serious note i agree with everything hughsey said anybody fearing sleeping in and missing the coach i have 3 seats in my car down there and you can get the coach back, i'm going on to london but will not be setting off till about 9 so that gives an extra hour to get ready. let me know via PM in the morning if you have missed it but want to go.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »

so never mind all this I prefer the conference north bollocks, this is where its at, and this is where we want to be at

I agree with this statement 100%.....but, alas, I'm not sure that our current Chairman does!
And that does worry me.

See you all at Northwich on Tuesday.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 12:50:15 PM »

I think you are wrong mr cult, i think our chariman wants us to work within our means there is a difference, if we were to go down to conf north the budget would go down into line with the less money we would recieve when we stay up our budget will go up in linewith the extra money made available to us from TV etc, but spectulating to accumulate is never a good way to work

Alex

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »

well put. nice to see this fourm has started taking a possitive attitude over this past few days.

come on all together "WE ARE STAYING UP! ! ! !"

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »

Please lock this thread, swearing is NOT allowed on the forums  ;D

I strongly object to being called a Bastard. I know my dad is the window cleaner!  or was it the milkman?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »

so never mind all this I prefer the conference north bollocks, this is where its at, and this is where we want to be at

I agree with this statement 100%.....but, alas, I'm not sure that our current Chairman does!
And that does worry me.

Given the financial rewards of staying in this league, to suggest the Chairman wants to drop back into a league where our attendances will be cut in half and matchday income will drop through the floor is a bit mental to say the least.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »

I'm afraid I sort of know what Cult... means.

I would say that Alty is set up in such a way that relegation would not be a catastrophe - and a good thing too. But clubs who say "it wouldn't be the end of the world if we go down" seem to me to be the ones that often do go down. For other clubs in this league, relegation might mean liquidation and that must be an extra motivating factor.

I'm not saying that the board has got it wrong at all - I think they've got it dead right - but that realism is in one-sense a handicap compared to the cock-eyed refusal to live in the real world of other clubs. Maybe this is what Cult... is driving at?

If though one of the 'we're not even contemplating relegation' clubs does go down and then goes bust, we'll have seen the wisdom of our board's policies.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »

I challenge anyone to see the car pull up containing all 4 Vauxhall Motors fans on a Tuesday night and look at the 494 attendance next year, watch them win 1-0 with a 35 yard thunderbolt from a centre half who we released 4 years ago and then and say "I tell you what, I prefer this you know to them hoades from Morecambe, more commercial revenue, live TV income, better atmosphere".

Its going to be easier to try and stay in it then to get back in it, thats for sure.

I agree with Hughsey, some are talking like we are ten points adrift with three games left.  Two wins and it could look very different.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

Given the financial rewards of staying in this league, to suggest the Chairman wants to drop back into a league where our attendances will be cut in half and matchday income will drop through the floor is a bit mental to say the least.

If you had attended the recent Fans' Forum at Moss Lane, then you would perhaps understand the point I have raised.

Leon is in tune with my thinking.

If we go down after giving our utmost but because we are simply not good enough, then that is no disgrace.
However, if we even slightly accept the prospect of relegation because, say, the Conference North means less travelling or the clubs' Directors are friendlier in that league, then I will be bitterly disappointed if (God forbid) the worst case scenario happens at the end of April.  

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »

I challenge anyone to see the car pull up containing all 4 Vauxhall Motors fans on a Tuesday night and look at the 494 attendance next year, watch them win 1-0 with a 35 yard thunderbolt from a centre half who we released 4 years ago and then and say "I tell you what, I prefer this you know to them hoades from Morecambe, more commercial revenue, live TV income, better atmosphere".

Its going to be easier to try and stay in it then to get back in it, thats for sure.

I agree with Hughsey, some are talking like we are ten points adrift with three games left.  Two wins and it could look very different.

Ecky.
Spot on.
This bizarre nostalgia for the Conference North totally baffles me.
Who the hell wants to go back to Alfreton?!

teasybeaver

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

And that does worry me.

Ive never heard such bollocks, have you forgotton the mess we were in just 2 or 3 years ago? Of course he wants us in the conference. This threads about being positive and yet still someone comes in with garbage like this. Blame the manager, blame the players, blame rocky robin and now blame the chairman?

Blame who you f**king want, just do it on another forum!  

Because of this crap im watching alty try an self destruct from 1000 miles away and its killing me! Imagine if all this crap had been posted on boxing day evening? we're still in the same boat now so shut the f**k up and start paddling!

The paddling starts at Crawley! (or for me in the irish bar in cannes)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »

And that does worry me.

Ive never heard such bollocks, have you forgotton the mess we were in just 2 or 3 years ago? Of course he wants us in the conference. This threads about being positive and yet still someone comes in with garbage like this. Blame the manager, blame the players, blame rocky robin and now blame the chairman?

Blame who you f**king want, just do it on another forum!  

Because of this crap im watching alty try an self destruct from 1000 miles away and its killing me! Imagine if all this crap had been posted on boxing day evening? we're still in the same boat now so shut the f**k up and start paddling!

The paddling starts at Crawley! (or for me in the irish bar in cannes)

Mister teasybeaver,

I refer you to my previous two posts.

I shall be at Northwich on Tuesday whilst you write drivel on this Forum.

Thank you!

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »

sorry, that was well out of order, im pulling my hair out here wishing i could do something.

I agree other clubs may have a more severe insentive, but it means nothing to anyone at alty we've got our own fight and thats all we should concern ourselves with. besides can someone like rushden really compete with us for passion?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Right Bastards!