PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why do people still give GH stick???
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why do people still give GH stick???  (Read 7370 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why do people still give GH stick???
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

would just like to know what exactly he has done to offend some of the fans

maybe i dont know something

Well, that's one part of your message that I can certainly agree with.

so what is it i dont know about this? enlighten me

tut tut ask a question on here and people start trying to belittle sad times

If I sincerely believed that you were genuinely interested in such a discussion, I might have taken the trouble to reply to your question.

However, I rather suspect that you are merely indulging in some tiresome game - for reasons that escape me, to be honest.

I'd go back to being Liam Brownhill's agent if I were you....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bumble

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

This is just a silly question...
did u used to sing the GH song too then? thought so
*you
If by "song" you mean give credit where it was due...then of course i did, most supporters in the club will agree heathcote did well up untill the start of the season....
when others called for his head, i still believed he could turn it around. But even he (in a few years) may admit he got it wrong.
But you asked why does he get stick. The reason he does is because he got us into the mess. He failed to bring in adequate additions for us to push on.
If we stay up, and everything is sunny, people may give him less stick, and remember what he did, but like everything else in football, his reputation has been tarnished with the first 9 games of the season.

But for now he deserves the stick, and whatever hes done in the past is rightly being overshaddowed by the major mess we are currently in....maybe your next question will be "why are we worried about relegation we're in 22nd...." "Why are people bothered about the conference north...it might be fun"
thank you

well im not agreeing with you.... apart from yes we used to like him...till he messed up. THERES YOUR ANSWER...thread done.

Jacko

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »

*you
If by "song" you mean give credit where it was due...then of course i did, most supporters in the club will agree heathcote did well up untill the start of the season....
when others called for his head, i still believed he could turn it around. But even he (in a few years) may admit he got it wrong.
But you asked why does he get stick. The reason he does is because he got us into the mess. He failed to bring in adequate additions for us to push on.
If we stay up, and everything is sunny, people may give him less stick, and remember what he did, but like everything else in football, his reputation has been tarnished with the first 9 games of the season.

But for now he deserves the stick, and whatever hes done in the past is rightly being overshaddowed by the major mess we are currently in....maybe your next question will be "why are we worried about relegation we're in 22nd...." "Why are people bothered about the conference north...it might be fun"
thank you

well im not agreeing with you.... apart from yes we used to like him...till he messed up. THERES YOUR ANSWER...thread done.
great ta thanks ...and the world lives on ::)

Jacko

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:19 PM »

would just like to know what exactly he has done to offend some of the fans

maybe i dont know something

Well, that's one part of your message that I can certainly agree with.

so what is it i dont know about this? enlighten me

tut tut ask a question on here and people start trying to belittle sad times

If I sincerely believed that you were genuinely interested in such a discussion, I might have taken the trouble to reply to your question.

However, I rather suspect that you are merely indulging in some tiresome game - for reasons that escape me, to be honest.

I'd go back to being Liam Brownhill's agent if I were you....!

if you cant discuss on here then whats the point? what else am i on here for? the topic says Why do people still give GH stick??? what is your problem?

tiresome game? i think tunnaclliffe had a few of those!!!!  brownhills a top alty lad full stop

Jacko

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 07:15:48 PM »

Cut Jacko some slack. I know that we're in a real struggle at the moment, and we need to focus on trying to stay up, but there's no need for an agenda on the forum. If Jacko was trying to provoke a response, which I'm not sure he is, then why take the rise? Just answer the (legitimate) question if you can. I'm not trying to start an argument either.
cheers mate, i think people are too quick to judge a post on here,

im not part of the clique and i dont want to be but i want alty to win just as much as anyone

markecky

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »

Whats the clique?

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

I don't like GH because he got us ProStar kits.

If I was in charge I'd have free kits from nike.

bumble

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »

Whats the clique?

a type of graph...

Jacko

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »

I don't like GH because he got us ProStar kits.

If I was in charge I'd have free kits from nike.
haha i quite like this dan  ;D

markecky

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »

Doesn't look like we'll get an answer as to what the clique is.  I'm not sure if being in it or out of it is a good thing or if I'm in it or out of it.

My answer to the original question is that I don't think GH does get a lot of stick.  Most people remian silent or reserved out of respect for what he has done in the past and not wishing to start the kind of wars we used to have years ago from differing camps.

Time and a place for everything...

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »

just this clique of people that seem to (wrongly) blame everything on GH like he was some sort of tyrant!!

hardly a topic goes by without negatives about him, i was there at lewes when everyone sat down in disgust of him, then laughed as a couple of seconds later the same people were jumping up and down on the pitch around greg young after his goal, as i said, very fickle

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »

Most people remian silent or reserved out of respect for what he has done in the past and not wishing to start the kind of wars we used to have years ago from differing camps.

Time and a place for everything...

Perfectly put, especially at this time of the season where we have more pressing concerns. Put it to bed Jacko, no hard feelings but it isn't the best time.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »

Ridiculous thread considering the position we are currently,we will have three months to argue over this crap soon enough.For money graham should have stepped down in the summer after guiding us to his highest conference finish,he didnt,he went 3 months to late,worry about saturday,not the past.If you wonder why we are going to have such a hefty defecit,it doesnt take a financial wizz kid to work it out,but thats for another day

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

The meant to say "for my money he should have gone in the summer" keypad issues rather than a freiudian slip.....

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »

*you

I have highlighted in bold you trying to correct someones spelling, because I think that is highly unfair, especially from someone that can not write a coherent senence the majority of the time. That is the only reason you have been quoted here.

Whilst I don't always agree with Jacko, I think people should cut him some slack. Nothing on the official website was mentioned (that I have seen) from the club about this huge pay off that GH got. I only picked it up because it was mentioned a lot on here. This is not an attack on the club for not telling us stuff, but I can understand why somebody would not know about it for definite.

I personally don't think there is any hidden agenda here at all, and think that some of the stuff on here is has been completely unwarranted. I mean, we all know Jacko posts useless threads at the most random of times...  ;)

On thread, I think that GH has taken a lot of stick because of this pay out he has taken that has massively inhibited KMs ability to get in adequate replacements for summer flops (Crowell, Hewson, McCarthy, Holmes, McCready, Holsgrove). Yes, northwich have had 56 players but that, for me, doesn't justify the panic signing on some of the players mentioned. I would be inclined to mention the fact that McCarthy reportedly (I have seen 1 game this season so am only going of what people have said) showed some signs of skill, but was not what we needed at that moment in time (A quick fix to a problem). In a squad that had been together for some time he may have been able to have been brought through and nurtured, but in a squad that was hastily thrown together it wasnt a viable option.

The thing that gets my back up is the fact that anybody who watched us play M*cc at home could see that the players brought in were just not good enough. I'd even go as far as mentioning Joseph at that point, even though apparently (damn me not being able to get a game) since Christmas he has been a revelation.

Whilst not agreeing with the attacks on Jacko, I can understand why people have a problem with it being mentioned now, at a time when everybody is doing their utmost to get behind the team.

Whilst also not agreeing with Jacks posts I do agree with the part where he says that if we stay up people will remember GH for the right stuff, whereas now, because we are in a very sticky situation, he is the person that is to blame by giving every team in the league a significant head start to the season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why do people still give GH stick???