PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to be cuter
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We've got to be cuter  (Read 5762 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We've got to be cuter
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »

PS Yet another sh*te ref today - Far too many of them seen in this league again this season - ATS take note  ;)
Sad way for the season to end but well done to one and all in getting us up there and contending...

Sorry Ray but when your team operates at BSN level you are going to get BSN Level Officials. Quite a number of the 2B Officials we have had this year have been more than adequate and, TBH, much better than we might realistically expect to get. If we went down a level we would be Refereed by the people who run the line on our games. They too are learning and trying to make their way in the game and would frustrate you and many others even more.

The higher up we go the better the Referees will be, obviously

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

I thought the brunette Doris on the line today was better looking than the one on Tuesday.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »

PS Yet another sh*te ref today - Far too many of them seen in this league again this season - ATS take note  ;)
Sad way for the season to end but well done to one and all in getting us up there and contending...
Sorry Ray but when your team operates at BSN level you are going to get BSN Level Officials. Quite a number of the 2B Officials we have had this year have been more than adequate and, TBH, much better than we might realistically expect to get. If we went down a level we would be Refereed by the people who run the line on our games. They too are learning and trying to make their way in the game and would frustrate you and many others even more.
The higher up we go the better the Referees will be, obviously
Point taken but why do they seem to miss seemingly  basic obvious situations throughout games - anyway another topic for another day.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

My only complaint about today was getting well beaten by a team of mercenaries who are well paid and then we get told to piss in a bush and steward and segregate ourselves because they don't want to spend money on infrastructure.

Our fans were superb, self policed and self segregated and stayed behind to a man to applaud the season rather than today's performance which was abject but clearly just one of those days when for one reason or another and mostly down to said mercenaries presumably wanting a contract next season wanting it more and having the extra muscle to out play us....I am sure the team put in the effort, our application was just wrong.

What must the brackley players really think to come out to a roaring ticker tape reception with beachballs and dolphins from the alty fans and a smattering polite applause from the other 60% who probably weren't sure which team was which.

I hope Brackley do go up as 1) we wont have to go to that dump again, 2) I'd rather play Halifax next season 3) it's gonna be interesting to see if luton self police themselves as courteously.

We were on the day beaten by a better side....we had a great 2nd half of the season and we can look forward to next season with some excitement.

We'll be here in ten years.......for every brackley there is a grays, canvey island etc and the annoying thing is when they start to drop we suddenly feel sorry for them!

PS I thought the liner was all right  ;D....the ref was your typical outraged hitler looking for an opportunity to blow his whistle importantly...wether a foul had been committed or not...I don't mind 'em getting things wrong, it's their self importance that irritates me to hell!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:52:45 PM by Jezza »

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

I don't really know what i want to say about today. It's no good using terms like mercenaries and tinpot. It is what it is and we were well beaten today. On a brighter note, our support was astonishing, even for Alty and it has been an absolutely brilliant ride this season, so thank you to Lee and the gang for that. All that remains to be said is "good luck" to Halifax next week and i'll see you all in August for the next big promotion push.

arnald

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »

yes great turn out of our fans today- not bitter against the result they were the better
side ,the ground is piss poor tho with no direction of ware to stand or gettin in the place
lets try and be strong next season and finish top

robins1978

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »

I thought the brunette Doris on the line today was better looking than the one on Tuesday.
my mrs says to say your a sexist pig  ;D

ripleym

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »

I took a fair few pics of her, will decide whether I want to share them when I get a better look, or if they're going in my private vault.

JDN

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »

Yes she gave me the horn

Brest bit of the day

Happy to stay down with skirt like that in the BSN

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »

She should have reffed it, and the useless tosser who DID get the appointment could have stayed home and cooked his wife's dinner  >:(

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »

She should have reffed it, and the useless tosser who DID get the appointment could have stayed home and cooked his wife's dinner  >:(

He would probably have made a bollocks of that as well  ;)

hvogt

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »

Good to see the Shilden boys did indeed make it to the game!  How is the Alty fan who was taken ill?  Best wishes to him, it didn't look too good.

This season was much better than last, personal highlight was probably Worcester in the trophy my first win in 11 matches!  Just hoping we keep some southern teams in conf North next year!

Just to let you know, he is fine. Not sure what the reason was for why he fainted, but he is fine now! Thanks for your concern!

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 01:25:08 AM »

or did you lose then see you next season   ;D
Won't see you because you don't go

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 04:56:47 AM »

or did you lose then see you next season   ;D