PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holdsworth's at it again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Holdsworth's at it again!  (Read 6876 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Holdsworth's at it again!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »

For a minute lets use role reversal.

Its the last game of the season and Mansfield are 2 points ahead at top. The team second are playing Altrincham. Mansfield obv need the team playing us to lose or draw. But sod it Graham has had enough of people telling him what tactics to use and deploys a 3-3-4 saying we should be playing proper football, we get beat 5-0 with the 14 fit players we have and finish the game with 9 men as 2 come off knackered... Mansfield lose to Wrexham as they score 5 from 342 crosses that were whipped accross that day.

NOW.. what would David 'up and coming' Holdsworth say then ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »

Holdsworth.. Another T**t riding off the name of his brother...   

Cooper (son of Terry)  is another tosspot who did nowt at Peterborough .

Saunders is just a tosser.  No fkn need for family help there then  :D ;)

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »

NOW.. what would David 'up and coming' Holdsworth say then ?

"we'd hoped Alty would take the game seriously and play to their strengths and defend in numbers, we're disappointed they went with a gung ho attitude and it's cost us....I'm disappointed as they owed it to mansfield and we've not won the league because of it.....boo hoo sob".....probably....or definetly come to think of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »

He spent most of the weekend saying how Mansfield on their day could beat anyone in this league.

Provided they don't employ any form of tactics against Mansfield though obviously, ffs.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Cooper (son of Terry)  is another tosspot who did nowt at Peterborough .

Saunders is just a tosser.  No fkn need for family help there then  :D ;)

I believe that Jennifer has quite a big say on Wrexham's tactics ;)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »

Leave Reg out of it
Full time and proud of it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »

Hes just trying to justify himself to his chairman - will the axeman cometh?

Well it's tough at the top isnt it, especially if you're not and expected to be.

ruthinred

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »

credit to you on your midtable finish , it is a terrific achievment given your stature

however I dont buy this ' we only had 14 players fit what did you expect'  nonsense

your team has been defensive all season not just on tuesday , you play 4-5-1 at home  FFS

your fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league

bigcol

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 07:29:32 AM »

RIR,

That's because our main target man is out with a cruciate. We've only had one fit striker (Senior) all season.

For the record we tend to play 352 or 343 at home.

But anyway, you really should be beating teams like us.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »

credit to you on your midtable finish , it is a terrific achievment given your stature

however I dont buy this ' we only had 14 players fit what did you expect'  nonsense

your team has been defensive all season not just on tuesday , you play 4-5-1 at home  FFS

your fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league

I think we're only becoming know as the most negative team in the league by ex league charlies who think they should roll us over but have neither the skill nor tactical nouse to do so.

For the record this season we have been the most positive for years..which makes your comments even more laughable.

You "massive" clubs will never be happy until we turn up like starry eyed kids...get hammered and go home.

Ain't going to happen.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

I love Wrexham fans posting on here, what a  bunch of losers!
I think they should look at their own goals scored column in the table before criticising anybody else. With their attendances rapidly declining and a manager who has lost the plot, they will do well to stay in this league next season.
 The Cae Ras will soon be a rugby league ground that a little BSN part time team play in from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:28:23 AM by chesteralty »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »

credit to you on your midtable finish , it is a terrific achievment given your stature however I dont buy this ' we only had 14 players fit what did you expect'  nonsense your team has been defensive all season not just on tuesday , you play 4-5-1 at home  FFS your fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league

How come we've scored 9 goals more than your mob them? (and let in the same number)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:01:08 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ruthinred

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »

credit to you on your midtable finish , it is a terrific achievment given your stature however I dont buy this ' we only had 14 players fit what did you expect'  nonsense your team has been defensive all season not just on tuesday , you play 4-5-1 at home  FFS your fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league

How come we've scored 9 goals more than your mob them? (and let in the same number)

because we are sh*te and have a sh*te manager

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »

credit to you on your midtable finish , it is a terrific achievment given your stature, however I dont buy this ' we only had 14 players fit what did you expect'  nonsense

your team has been defensive all season not just on tuesday , you play 4-5-1 at home  FFSyour fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league

To be fair I think I alluded to this in a previous post. You won't find Wrexham/Mansfield etc fans believing we only have 14 players, nor would they believe that we literally cannot spend money we don't have to get another player. And in fairness, I wouldn't believe either as it's inconceivable. Ruthinred you're just going to have to take our word for it mate. It's the same way as they genuinely don't think we train for 2 hours a week twice a week (not even that now), that by part time we mean like Burton train 4 days a week or something.

And if we're fast becoming known as the most negative team in the league then that's a surefire sign we're not getting beat as often as we used too. I still think other clubs should be careful what they wish for though, if we played Wrexham or Mansfield with Johnson, Denham, Kearney, Doughty, Clee and SMith with a fully fit and sharp Little, Lawton and Welch as back up we'd wipe the floor with them, absolutely batter them.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 05:20:17 PM »

In fact, we'd just love to play you early on next season so you can fully appreciate the above.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holdsworth's at it again!