PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Barnet Match Thread  (Read 18060 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2021, 12:57:18 PM »

At least the pitch looked good.
one wonders whether we should worry more about the standard of players rather than invest in the pitch

Doesn't matter who the players are if we have no pitch to play on.
and we could have a world class pitch with players on it that capitulate

The pitch has been a joke since I started watching Alty. If you can’t see further than the end of your nose with your strategy I’m just glad you aren’t anywhere near the Board.

Or do you just want to be Gainsborough in disguise?
I can see perfectly well passed the end of my nose thank you. The pitch is of course not great and many attempts over the years have been tried to improve it . My point was if we are loosing more games than we need to to continue to grow then it's also just as pointless as not being able to play on the pitch
Come on you red and white........

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »

At least the pitch looked good.
one wonders whether we should worry more about the standard of players rather than invest in the pitch

Doesn't matter who the players are if we have no pitch to play on.
and we could have a world class pitch with players on it that capitulate

The pitch has been a joke since I started watching Alty. If you can’t see further than the end of your nose with your strategy I’m just glad you aren’t anywhere near the Board.

Or do you just want to be Gainsborough in disguise?
I can see perfectly well passed the end of my nose thank you. The pitch is of course not great and many attempts over the years have been tried to improve it . My point was if we are loosing more games than we need to to continue to grow then it's also just as pointless as not being able to play on the pitch

I'm sure the board aren't cutting corners in other areas to fund the pitch. It is being mostly paid for by grants and crowdfunding I believe

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2021, 07:46:42 AM »

Arguably Phil's worst game as manager - worse than a Stockport performance, worse than the Boston game, worse than Leamington.

Phil's always very quick to make jibes, but no comments from him so far?
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2021, 08:03:09 AM »

Arguably Phil's worst game as manager - worse than a Stockport performance, worse than the Boston game, worse than Leamington.

I did notice that Sorvs correctly called the performance unacceptable. I suspect PP is biting his tongue, and will air his views behind closed doors.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2021, 09:10:23 AM »

2 days later and still fuming at the sloppiness that cost us the match, 3 fundamental errors and Barnet pounced. I thought there substitution's invigorated them, ours made us poorer.

Too many don't want it, we need to be fitter, stronger whilst maintaining our passing game. Pitch was a little bobbly but its the same for booth teams and we've played on far worse this season. Think PP and his transitional team will happen much faster now. Too many players not at the correct level. 

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »

Isn't it more likely that he (or Neil) did an interview straight after the game, as usual, but it just hasn't made it onto the website yet than that he's running scared or whatever you're trying to imply?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2021, 09:41:55 AM »

I don't think there's anything more to say than has already been said. We all know the situation we're in. Other teams recognise our problems too and are capitalising on them. This is a professional league and they know all about us. We need to get fitter and better at what we do or work out some kind of plan B for when it's not working. I believe PP must know this and trust him to work on solutions. However they probably won't arrive until next season.
We're up and we're staying up. Keep the faith!
Come on you Supers!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2021, 10:52:34 AM »

My biggest worry would be if we have lapsed into a similarly relaxed mentality to that which appeared to set in when we reached mathematical safety in 2014/15, and which we never seemed to recover from the following season when we ended up getting relegated. I still have huge faith in Phil and Neil to lead us forward, but that is my main concern at present.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »

Mine too. We need to regain the appetite and focus we had earlier on.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2021, 11:22:04 AM »

Isn't it more likely that he (or Neil) did an interview straight after the game, as usual, but it just hasn't made it onto the website yet than that he's running scared or whatever you're trying to imply?

I'm not trying to imply he's scared. But I find it highly unusual after our worst performance in 4 years, off the back of defeat to Halifax and Kings Lynn there's little coming from them.

Be it Soundcloud, Alty TV or soundbites.

Even if not Phil, Jake or Neil I'm surprised not to hear from after such an embarrassing defeat.
It's all my fault.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2021, 12:01:32 PM »

Interview up now . On the pitch being a bit bobbly I think we are clutching at straws there . Looked fine to me
ParkINson's red and white army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2021, 12:22:43 PM »

Interview up now . On the pitch being a bit bobbly I think we are clutching at straws there . Looked fine to me
It was certainly "a bit" bobbly, but we've played perfectly well on worse pitches. No excuse at all imho.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2021, 12:55:52 PM »

Pitch is the same for both teams.

When pitch is relayed and the club are full time I wonder what will Phil will blame.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »

PP doesn't mention the pitch in the post-Barnet interview.

The current pitch clearly doesn't suit our playing style, is substandard and needs replacing. It's being replaced. That, I would say, is a good thing.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2021, 02:00:54 PM »

What PP DOES say in the interview is that he doesn't think we played badly, and we're undone by individual errors. I agree with the latter, but not with the former.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread