News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 incidentally

Author Topic: incidentally  (Read 2230 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
incidentally
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »

I hear northwich will be releasing two players and bringing SEVEN in next week,not bad for a bankrupt club with no money,its a shame we couldnt be as badly off as to bring seven players in next week. Im off to the pub to get pissed again now seeing as its the only sensible thing to do now that  Christmas has been ruined.

Dougals Dad

Re: incidentally
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »

Good call.

Northwich, Crawley.etc etc - it stinks!

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 06:11:27 PM »

No disrespect to the Vics lads who shat on us so comprehensively yesterday, but something is clearly not right at that club and I am sure they will get found out in the end. The people I was with at yesterdays game kept asking me questions about how they were able to survive and there was honestly nothing I could say. Perhaps that Salty not Alty fella (seems like a decent bloke) can explain it all.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »

mr lou it's nothing more complicated than a few businessmen chucking some money at their latest hobby. for some it's a boat, some buy a villa in spain, and some who've already got a boat and a villa in spain buy a football club. it's the perfect bar room boast.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:48:14 PM »

How come all these businessmen seem to live in the Northwich area?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »

maybe they don't. morecambe's chairman lives in hale barns and doncaster's chairman lives in bowdon. statistically more football club chairman live in the greater altrincham area than any other postcode district*

*i might have made that bit up

Vics Chick

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 11:37:21 PM »

I hear northwich will be releasing two players and bringing SEVEN in next week,not bad for a bankrupt club with no money,its a shame we couldnt be as badly off as to bring seven players in next week. Im off to the pub to get pissed again now seeing as its the only sensible thing to do now that  Christmas has been ruined.

Do keep up!!!! We're not bankrupt. NVFC has now been bought (debts and all) by a consortium of businessmen. The Inland Revenue have been paid to a level which apparently they were satisfied with, as were the other creditors. The consortium paid off debts created by Mike Connett and therefore they at least start on a level playing field.

Seven players in is hearsay. I'm sure there most certainly will be players in but there will also be some (quite high earning) players moving the other way. If Alty think Chris Williams or Kevin Townson could fill some holes then you're welcome to them.

Jennifer's Dad and Louise1925....I'm sorry but there is nothing to be "found out" as far as NVFC are concerned, however, perhaps if you want to chase the Connett angle further, I'm sure you'd have many Vics fans who would join you...along with the Inland Revenue.....and maybe one day the County Courts.... ;)

P.S. about the Chef's hats....we all found that quite amusing.....that was MC's money that went "missing".....nothing to do with NVFC ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:40:19 PM by Vics Chick »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 01:59:30 AM »

The missing 'chefs' money will of course be covered by Mr Connett's insurer's..............the cost increase in the insurance premium for next years 'cover' will no doubt fall into the NVFC 'camp'.........he is not stupid you know !

As soon as I walked into the ground at 2.25pm and saw 16 -20 Vics f/t players going through the warm up routine, I knew we were 'in trouble'.

We do not know the facts, and to be fair it is very honourable that a 'consortium' are happy to pay of the outrageous debts of another man, but why would anyone do this without a clear 'income stream' in the future eg 1500+ gates ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 08:53:35 AM »

The missing 'chefs' money will of course be covered by Mr Connett's insurer's..............the cost increase in the insurance premium for next years 'cover' will no doubt fall into the NVFC 'camp'.........he is not stupid you know !

One claim for loss of money would not increase the insurance premium and if the money was not kept in a safe it would probably be restricted to a maximum of £1,000. If the money was in a safe then it would depend on the cash limit of the safe and the amount of cover purchased which could possibly be anything up to £10,000 or more. I suspect being a football club they have an adequate safe to cover gate receipts until it can be banked, and as the loss is due to fidelity guarantee the loss has to be notified within 7 days, which it was. It the full amount would be recovered.

However I understand, unless I am mistaken, it was not in the safe and probably £1,000 would be paid at the most.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »

Brilliant so they lose £7,000 and but only get £1,000 back ... Now they know how the businesses they f*cked up feel
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 incidentally