News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote

Author Topic: Graham Heathcote  (Read 2262 times)

Marcc1

Graham Heathcote
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »

>:( After going down at home to Northwich, surely the board need to find a new manager?! Maybe it should have been done before now?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Heathcote
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »

At the end of the day the 11 on the pitch need to perform, yesterday perhaps 5 did?

As I said before Pride passion belief.

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »

I am eternally grateful to GH for everything he has done for the club. But all good things come to an end. Yesterday was the culmination for me.

I am utterly devestated by that result, but more importantly by the performance. Emphasis was placed on how important the trophy was but nothing on this.

GH keeps going on about 'could anyone else do a better job on our budget'. WELL NOW IS TIME TO FIND OUT!! Its not your budget GH, its Alty's, step down and leave the club with your pride intact.

Longman

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:43:36 PM »

"I am utterly devestated by that result, but more importantly by the performance. Emphasis was placed on how important the trophy was but nothing on this."

I picked up on this as well, in the days before the game Dino was extremely outspoken in how important he viewed the match was for Vics Supporters and how he was strategically planning on beating Alty etc!  Is there a coincidence between this focus and importance that he clearly placed on the match and the way we were convincingly outplayed and outfought yesterday???

I had a feeling in my stomach that we were going to lose yesterday when I saw the Vics players in a huddle before the game, I know you can easily say "so what?" and "that doesn't mean anything", but I usually take this to be a sign of a strong team spirit and preparation, was no suprise to me then to see them running harder and working more than us.

letsbyavenue

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:53:03 PM »

>:( There should be a mass clear out in the transfer window.Nearly all the current squad are useless non triers and a disgrace to the club.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »

we had no commitment. vics deserved to win and i hope we seriously improve for new years day/.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »

One of the big problems I believe is that Graham played the game at walking pace and doesn't seem to believe in playing the game with pace (something he has said to my mate in the past that you don't need to play football!!!)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 06:03:35 PM »

I can't see GH leaving (or being sacked from) the club. If we have the money to do so maybe GH will "Move upstairs" in a Dario Gradi sort of role and oversee all levels of football within the club and maybe then we will get a coach with a few fresh ideas.

Personally, I have great respect for GH and would hate to see him leave the club. He has, over the years, done a magnificent job.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:41 PM »

Graham - You need to show this too the players. If that does not improve the performances then they need to move on.

But things are on the up in mid-Cheshire as the Northwich Guardian reports. "Dino Maamria believes Vics' derby success puts them ahead of Alty in the race to avoid relegation. 'This game was about more than just the three points', he said after seeing his side beat their bitter rivals 2-1. 'I could have stood here and played it down as just one game but to beat Altrincham and pick up our first away win of the season is a fantastic gift for the fans... I'm over the moon with a win', he told the Guardian. 'But I've told the players that they can improve their performance a lot on what we saw today. I think we wasted chances to put the game beyond them and then defensively we gifted them too many openings... We moved the ball from back to front quickly to put their two central defenders under immediate pressure. I just feel that they are a bit static at the back at times and we could exploit that... We will stay up', he promised. 'But there is still an awful lot of work to do and we can't get carried away. I still intend to make changes when the transfer window opens next week'".

Basically cooing over the win. Who can blame him.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Heathcote