PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football rules are all to cock
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Football rules are all to cock  (Read 5123 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Football rules are all to cock
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

Exactly

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »

At the end of the day a player is either suspended or he isn't. This situation where Smith misses 4 matches despite only being suspended for 3 is utterly laughable and shows up a massive flaw in the system.

If the FA are going to say that Senior Cup matches don't count towards suspensions he should have been eligible for tonight's game. They can't have it both ways!

This is where us playing at the level we do causes the problems.

Our discipline is administered at Soho Square so we're dealt with the same as Premiership and Football League Clubs with suspensions in terms of matches rather than days.

As we've said in a different thread we can't use CSC matches to mop up suspensions

Could be worse though - if we were dealt with by Cheshire the suspension would be in days and a 35 day ban at the start or end of a season can mean up to 10 games

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM  NOT SUPPORTING ANY FORM OF AUTHORITY ON THIS MATTER   :)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »

"Our discipline is administered at Soho Square so we're dealt with the same as Premiership and Football League Clubs with suspensions in terms of matches rather than days.

As we've said in a different thread we can't use CSC matches to mop up suspensions "

This is my point though. There is a lot of sense in this because it stops clubs abusing the system to, as you put it "mop up suspensions". However, this does not explain why he was not allowed to play tonight.

I think we can all see the stupidity of the situation, but it is what it is and I doubt it will change any time soon.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »

I think this is what I was trying to get at.

Because we can't use CSC games to mop up suspensions they don't class as first team games

Because of what the sending off was for the suspension is immediate - the CSC final being tonight (2 days after) is an unfortunate but confusing coincidence

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 09:29:49 PM »

Because we can't use CSC games to mop up suspensions they don't class as first team games

Because of what the sending off was for the suspension is immediate - the CSC final being tonight (2 days after) is an unfortunate but confusing coincidence

But they class them as first team enough to say that we have to play x amount of players who played in the previous match (or other similar such nonsense)!!!

moousee

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »

The point is though that we are made to move around our games for this competition, therefore it is interfering with the league. To me that makes it a senior game, which means that it should count as one of the games that he is banned for, not an extra one on top of the three! We wouldn't be using 'CSC games to mop up suspensions' at all, we would be naturally and reasonably expecting that if we have to move any other first team game to a fixture pile up at the end of the season because of the Cheshire Senior Cup, then the Cheshire Senior Cup IS a first team competition.

Its a simple case of a balls up. Could be easily sorted, but its still a balls up.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football rules are all to cock