News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances

Author Topic: Attendances  (Read 1426 times)

Longman

Attendances
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:03:27 PM »

Ive been away for a big chunk of the season but have obviously been keeping in touch with whats going on through the internet, however I have noticed the attendances this season seem to be slipping, does anyone know why?  Is it a consequence of the credit crunch?  Thats all I can imagine, as we are obviously higher in the league and getting better results than we did last season, 735 against Torquay seems very low, even for a Tuesday night.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attendances
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »

Ive been away for a big chunk of the season but have obviously been keeping in touch with whats going on through the internet, however I have noticed the attendances this season seem to be slipping, does anyone know why?  Is it a consequence of the credit crunch?  Thats all I can imagine, as we are obviously higher in the league and getting better results than we did last season, 735 against Torquay seems very low, even for a Tuesday night.

We had just lost 3 games on the trot as well as it being pretty cold and champions league footy on itv ,not to mention the credit crunch.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:24:10 AM »

We had just lost 3 games on the trot as well as it being pretty cold and champions league footy on itv ,not to mention the credit crunch.

It wasnt that cold tbh. And it was Chelsea and Liverpool playing. Would be more understandable if united played on tuesday. 735 is piss poor tho.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:19:22 AM »

Credit crunch and Tuesday night syndrome combined to make it a poor turnout. I should expect we'll be up to 900+ on Saturday. I'll be there for the first time in a while, my last two attempts to watch Alty resulted in an hour and a half travelling to discover the match was postponed so I'm well up for this. Plus, the whole lot followed by a St. Patrick's Day piss-up the next day!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances