PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads - REF!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well done lads - REF!!!!!  (Read 3669 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads - REF!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:05 PM »

Good job the ref didn't give a penalty to Torquay in the first half. When(in my opinion) they should have been awarded one. It's swings and roundabouts. Decisions even themselves over the season and you make your own luck.
They really should be beating teams like us

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »

Yes it was never a free kick,but our failure to clear the ball when we regained possession was why they scored. Think a lot of frustration due to losing the 2nd home game on the trot in the last minute.

We played well, and if we play like that with some shooting boots on, we should beat Weymouth. Remember also that we are ALWAYS gash in terms of results in March  ::)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »

I agree that we can't blame the ref for the defeat, however, once again we see inconsistencies from the man in black again. When their player went down injured in the first half and it was obviously not a head injury he blew up when we were in possession, however, when Chris Senior went down injured he allowed Torquay to continue attacking us. It was only their good sportmanship in kicking it out of play that actually stopped play!! Also as JL says in his match report, Welch booked for his first tackle and yet their centre half committed a far worse foul on Senior and hardly got spoken to never mind booked.

The ref was in the bar after the game and was acting an arrogant so and so.......he reminded me of an old mate who is also vertically challenged like he is and was a ref when younger (even being on the line during our famous game against Slough and Gary Shaw). I'm sure they become refs so they can boss the bigger boys about and make up for being short-arses!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads - REF!!!!!